Cheetahs heading towards extinction as population crashes

bbc.com/news/science-environment-38415906

>The sleek, speedy cheetah is rapidly heading towards extinction according to a new study into declining numbers. The report estimates that there are just 7,100 of the world's fastest mammals now left in the wild.

youtube.com/watch?v=FK-KC2aQpcI

Sleep tight, dotted Tiger!

The human species needs a good plague

>heading towwerdz extinction
Lrn2toward fgt pls

>world's fastest mammals

Mexican free-tailed bat [Tadarida brasiliensis] is the fastest mammal. They can travel at speeds up to 99mph [160 km/h.]

Should cheetahs be re-domesticated?

>tfw I'm the only one who tuned into OP's thread theme

It doesn't count if you use gravity. Then it's just "fastest falling mammal".

It turns out... that no matter how fast they run... they can't run away from death.

my man

Sad!

That's retarded, every animal uses gravity (or other tricks) to its benefit in one way or another. Saying that doesn't count is irrelevant.

And yet, one mammal runs, while the other falls.

So if you think achieving a state of velocity by means besides ones own power counts, then you should consider humans to be the fastest mammals. We can build cars that outrun any animal, and we have used gravity to freefall at speeds greater than sound, by jumping from high altitude.

Actually, humans are. That dude who jumped from 30 Km up in the air broke the sound barrier.

There are humans right now who are falling at over seven kilometers per second.

kys

Do you really consider humans to be mammals?

And I presume you lay eggs and sit on a rock under the sun to maintain body heat
1/8 b8

Bring back Cottonmouth. :'(

Yeah but none of the current plagues can keep up with our medical advances. We either need to either engineer some kind of super-virus or start a war. But even then cheeto's fate is sealed.

It ain't easy bein' cheezy...

all living cheetahs are so closely related to one another you can graft skin from one cheetah onto another without any risk of immune response

You go first.