Well, did you enjoy it Veeky Forums? Personally I loved every minute of it

Well, did you enjoy it Veeky Forums? Personally I loved every minute of it

I couldn't read it without seeing the movie in my mind's eye.

None of your business, homo

You looking ultraviolence'd dweeb?

Come and get one in yarbles! If you have any yarbless, you eunuch jelly thou!

luckily i read this book before i watched the movie. I loved it, i thought the message was really cool once i read the last chapter. I love the ideas put forth that it is wrong for the state to brainwash someone from what they truly are, that we deserve autonomy even if that means humans will do horrible things. But also that humans are meant to destroy that as we age we realize it is far better to create.

Wish I was more like Alex when I was 15. Drinking drugged milk at milk bars, getting in gang fights, speaking a Russian dialect of English to my droogs and raping beautiful women.

but Alex was kinda a dick.

>taking more than one minute for a novella
Pleb

Did you read the American version or the full version?

>Boys will be boys

you sound like the kinda guy who like the idea of real life fight clubs

Glad i read it first also. I loved the movie also until they left out the end. It cheapened it. I remember before reading it someone told me how disgusting it was cuz it made him into a hero. After reading it i realized they only watched the movie and they completely missed the point.

I never saw the movie. The book was fun for what it was, but the pseudo-slavic slang got tiresome after a while.

What's the difference, if you don't mind my asking? Not him, but I read some random pdf of it I downloaded years ago and I have no idea which version it was.

>mind's eye
>still subvisualizing

Movie was better

pure cringe trash

I started emulating his manner of speaking after reading this book, still do to some degree tbqh

Yes, very much so. I dropped it at the first page 2-3 times because I didn't know about the language experiment, I thought it was just some slang/dialect of English I had no idea of (not a native speaker). But after I learned about this and kept on reading and started "learning" the words it was the most fun read I've ever had, because I was "active", I was putting in an effort to read the book. I also like the way Alex tells things. The plot is not great, but I think the book would achieve this beauty with any kind of plot.
So yes.

Removed chapter. Original has a final chapter of "redemption", American does not.

boys will be boys? He is punished for his crimes and is tortured how is that boys will be boys? if anything it shows you will and deserve to be punished for committing those crimes. But he pays his dept to society and realized on his own that doing that stuff is wrong. Fak off.

if you can remember there's supposed to be 21 chapters, cut into 7 chapters per story progression. The american is missing the 21st chapter and kinda shits on the moral of the book without it.

what happens in the last chapter? I don't have the book with me right now so I can't check, but I wanna know if I read it.

He becomes a good guy. He is older and realises he was just a silly kid and that he wants a loving wife and a son and that it's just natural for a young lad to be a bit of a wanker until he grows out of his childishness and settles down properly.

I am not even memeing. That's what happens.

why is that out in American edition? Sounds like the least concerning part.

It's fucking trash. Stupid, simplistic, boring, and unremarkable if not for a movie adaptation. Dialect gimic was all it had.

It's amazing how people on Veeky Forums will like anything that isn't obviously genre fiction unless they are trained to hate it.