Autumn is coming, lads

Autumn is coming, lads.

Do you have any specific comfy reading setup for the season?

YEah a lonely night in the sac with myself in my poorly heated 100 year old apartment.

my bed + electric blanket + your mom + a book till i fall asleep = good times

Which book though?

Archaeology field narratives

Electric blanket+Vicodin or weed+warm tea

moby dick

>open fire
>large cellar of wine
>entire collection of Beckett fiction
>cat

Yes please

My local coffee shop in small town new hampshire for two hours in the morning

>going to another place with your book so you can read it in public drinking overpriced berryjuice

i never got this extravert normie behaviour

Sometimes it feels good to be around other people even if you aren't directly interacting with them.
Also no dishes.

>Sometimes it feels good to be around other people even if you aren't directly interacting with them.
that's the feel i don't get
>Also no dishes.
rinsing a mug isn't much work. you could also buy a stack of paper cups.

I like to read in coffee shops too, i live in the ugly part of a beautiful town. so i just go to the nice part and sit down somewhere, sometimes in a coffee shop, sometimes by the river or in the beer garden.
i like the people bustling around while i sip a coffee or drink a beer. its very relaxing.

Autumn is here but it is even worse than Summer on Veeky Forums

It makes me cry

Where to acquire Vicodin in UK?

Go to the library then

this is the time of year when my wardrobe switches from a bunch of t-shirts to a bunch of t-shirts under a flannel shirt

Just get heroin.

don't do heroin, just as a PSA

do heroin, just as a PSA

How about I go where I want to and you can go where you want

I work from home and live in a different city than my friends and family. All my hobbies are personal hobbies as well. It's one of the only times I get human contact besides grocery shopping.

Washing the coffee maker is worse than the mug.

Jokes on you, I don't want to go anywhere

Last 3 volumes of In Search of Lost Time and a book on the history of architecture from the renaissance to the 19th century. It will be a pretty comfy season I believe.

Alasdair MacIntyre and Marcus Aurelius for now. We'll see where I'll go next.

Epic! 4 whole books! Rock on!!!!!

October means horror for me. I love all things spooky. November more somber stuff

This pic reminds me of my local, which is a really comfy traditional English pub with fireplaces like that and big comfy chairs. It's won numerous awards and is well-known as the best pub in the area, but it's quiet during the day and would be perfect for reading. Only problem is pints cost £3.50 minimum and I'd quickly be bankrupt if I spent my days there.

If you work from home you can live anywhere, why not live near your people?

Working from home only started a few months ago when we consolidated offices to a ridiculous density. I still go in once a week for a meeting and I have to meet clients once in a while (im a consultant).

I just detached the seat from my stationary bike.

1. Finally going to get into Mishima
2. Just bought a bunch of nice tea
3. Also bought an electric blanket
4. Settled into a dorm in the quieter part of campus this semester

Got some good recs for spooky reading?

the bible

lmao omg holy fuck I can't even... fucking read in a cafe. Too distracting.

Getting into Ligotti's Songs for a Dead Dreamer, but other sorts of quasi-horror like Burroughs and Saramago's Blindness

This. Sash windows are a bitch.

Dan Simmons The Terror

Finally getting around to reading Moby-Dick.
The prose is god-tier comfy so far.

I've decided to finally go through Poe's complete works. Starting that after I finish Oblomov, I'll read some Euripides at the same time as Poe, and then Primeval and Other Times, and after Poe's done around end October/early November I'm doing The Divine Comedy. After that I'm just going to read mid length middlebrow comfy stuff: Kavalier and Clay, The Corrections, and Bleeding Edge. Very loose though, subject to changes or additions.

Amerifats still do single glass?

i wanted to read something spooky this october (maybe reread my lovecraft collection), but i haven't made it as far into my queue as i'd anticipated. looks like i'll spend the fall working my way through introductory cyberpunk and psychoanalytic texts.

>still do

Did you miss the 100 year old bit or what?

Also, google C.D. Haven and Thermopane.

People live in 17th century housing over here but they still have the good sense to upgrade it to acceptable living conditions.

4 books in two months is enough for me buddy. I have a life and shit.

50 pages a day (an hour to an hour and a half of reading) is 6 250-page books in one month. you got no excuse my dude.

>250 page books

Nigga I be reading the Bible and Shit niggaaa. Ain't nobody reading no 250 page books nigggaaa.

I really didn't know what to put as average pagecount but 1500 pages a month is decent and easy to do.

I'm just fucking with you dude. I don't read very quickly but that sounds reasonable enough.

My setup is so uncomfortable that I actually had thoughts of suicide because of it. A dirty mattress on the spring side. The normal side of the mattress became too dirty with bugs, vomit, and food spillage. There's covers over the springs but it's still not comfy for reading or sleeping, though I'll live for now. Life is fine.

Just read the Watchmen while finishing the Odyssey. Gonna take a shot at Gravity's Rainbow next though that is hardly comfy.

stop puking bugs and food on your mattress

No, that's stupid. What is this website's (especially this board's) infatuation with pretending to be old? You're all a bunch of overweight, bearded men in your late twenties pretending you're in your eighties.

Proust's books average at 500 pages, the history of aechitecture one is about a 1000. I'm fine with that.

pics please, i love this shit

You try too hard.

underrated

I would second Ligotti as reccomended by .

Alos, if you have not read Stoker's Dracula I strongly suggest doing so. Genuinely terrified me when I read it in the dead of night at age 14.

Seconded. Share your degeneracy with us.

>comfy

Found the lastmen

It's pretty easy to renovate shit tier stone houses.

Do you live in a 100yo wooden apartment mate?

As the weather cools I'll sit on my back patio with a cup of tea, a book, and wind down from the day. Currently reading "House on the Borderland"...seems appropriate for the season.

Once the cold weather really kicks in I'll just read in bed, under the blankets. I have a collection of Raymond Carver short stories to read, and maybe something by a Russian author. It's always better to read Russian novels in the winter. Just seems appropriate.

comfy is for the weak

My local pub doesn't have TVs or music. No fireplace, but no place is perfect. Pints for £2.50, too. I reckon that's where I'll be going.

bro im in dover

this kills the comfy

>tfw you live in the southern hemisphere
I'll see you fuckers in 6 months, then we'll see who's the comfy one.

I'm far on the introvert end of the spectrum and I occasionally read in coffee shops. Not any shop will do; some are too loud, busy, and fast. A good coffee shop for reading has ample seating (so you don't have to worry about sitting for hours), other customers that also read or work, outlets & wifi, and a down to earth vibe.

Stop being mad and try it out, fag. Getting out of your room will do you some good.

>introductory cyberpunk and psychoanalytic texts.
Can you give any titles?

Perfume by Patrick Süskind. Not super spooky, but it's twisted and dark in a fun way.

im sorry you dont live in london

try cyclonopedia: complicity with anonymous materials

>My local pub doesn't have TVs or music.
Fuck, that sounds comfy. I want to read in a pub.

why is everyone using blankets and shit in-doors? i mean, i get it, it is getting pretty cold outside (around 10 C where i live rn) but don't you have heating?

i'm just trying to cover some of the basics. i've got gibson's mona lisa overdrive (already read the first two in the trilogy), stephenson's snow crash, freud's civilization & its discontents, and jung's man & his symbols on my queue.

I found this spot yesterday.

The grass underneath this tree is dead and dry, which makes a much more comfortable seat for sitting on for extended periods of time as opposed to live grass.

Behind it, over where I stood to take this picture, there is a hill, of which shaped in such a way that it buffers the never-ending autumn breeze.

In the background, there's a pond with a fountain that lightly breaks the sonorous silence of the park. This park is fairly small, so there aren't many people.

Top of the car!

Is that an idiom, or am I an idiot?