Is Veeky Forums extremely protective over their books? For example...

Is Veeky Forums extremely protective over their books? For example, you try not to bend the corners or push on the pages too hard when reading?

No, I'm pretty abusive. I don't fold the corners of books I own because that slowly messes up the spine but beyond that I'm very careless, dropping them on the floor with the covers apart and stuff like that. I also have snuffy fingers. I can tell what books I've checked out from the library because the pages you can see from the outside with the book closed are all a dirt brown. Sometimes I even find a tumbprint.

Only the sturdiest hardcovers last beyond three readings.

No. I'm not a fag

Not deliberately.
I carry novels back and forth in my bag to school to read on the bus, sometimes for months on end, and they don't ever bend or get that sort of smoothing out of the corners or anything at all.

I don't understand how people manage to hamhand books so badly they end up in the conditions they do

Yes. And I favour executing people for underlining or making notes in books, breaking the spine, licking their fucking fingers before turning pages, etc. Death is too good for you scum, especially those who use highlighter markers.

Like half the time I end up ripping the book in half by the time I finish.
I'm singlehandedly keeping publishers in business

You HEATHENS

>I also have snuffy fingers. I can tell what books I've checked out from the library because the pages you can see from the outside with the book closed are all a dirt brown. Sometimes I even find a tumbprint.
same i fucking hate it
fuck this gay earth

I buy used books so no

Yes I think writing in them is a grave sin and I feel hurt when I see bend pages and stains

>buy an expensive copy of Ulysses
>fold the pages instead of using a book mark
>spill coffee on it regularly by 'accident'
>doodle in the margins
>read it right after swimming when my clothes are still wet
>play with the pages while I'm reading

I literally fucked my copy of gravity's rainbow after dropping too much ecstasy by myself. I was really disgusted with myself after coming down and I just threw the thing away.

to what end?

Fulfill my autism

No I treat them like complete shit and spill coffee and shit on them all the time

It's literally just paper you autistic fuck

based

I am protective, however I carry books around with me for months.

Recently I've found I love in-book notetaking. New development, as I used to hate it. I like making my books a part of my personal collection of work, my personal notes. I write in them with micron pens, now, use colored flags to mark important pages, use sticky notes to add long notes or tangents, and hilight when necessary.

I write my name in all the books I read (that I own).

I put my personal notes and my books on the same shelves.

How frequently do you spill coffee? If you're reguarly spilling it on books can we assume thats the mere tip of the iceberg and you spill coffee on all sorts of items? Perhaps you hae familial tremors or early onset Alzeimers.

I try to take care of my books. I wouldn't consider that "extremely protective", I'm just not the type of person who isn't recklessly destructive with my things.

no drops of it just get stuck in my mustache and I can't be fucked to clean it so it drips down on the pages

all my white t shirts are stained though, yes.

The most Veeky Forums thing I've ever read

You're a fucking moron

You're absolutely disgusting, fucking disgusting, and I can't help liking you.

they're my books. no one else is going to see them. their appearance isn't important at all. so no, i dog ear the pages, highlight passages, take notes in the margins, etc

I've fully embraced omeganess and ascended user

you should try it too

Nope, I fold whatever page I stop reading in half as a bookmark and try to make the book flat as possible on a table when reading.

Is it weird I use the spine creases as an achievement? Like, I have all my books on my bookshelf, then when I put it back, I can tell what books I've read by looking at the spine.

Wear battle scars like medals.

I pirate all my books so I wouldn't know.

what happened to the ones whose mesas have only a dark spot/hole

i hope they are okay and achieved some higher plane of being that the others are all striving for with their work

being overprotective of books is a sure sign of a pseud and reddit

How is ecstasy Veeky Forums?
I used to do a lot but I also almost didn't during that time period.

I read books while I'm taking showers

Having sex with books is pretty Veeky Forums

Ever heard of soap?

why do I have to be so right all the time