The dadaist movement was right

the dadaist movement was right

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Oak_Tree.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

so was your mother

Not
Literature

and my father to be quite honest. they conceived me and they were born at the same time because dada means father I guess and DUCHAMP MADE URINOIR

ask Tristan Tzara

more like left

Pretty cmuch early 20th century equivalent hipster nu males and sluts trying to be unique/deep and rebel against bourgeois society and renaissance art because they were too pussified to take up arms. Just fuck off this is not even literature REEEEEEE

remember what WWI meant to France and don't compare

ignoring common sense because you're shit at art and inducing worldwide feelings of pointlessness and nihilism is so epic

thanks duchamp, you useless uninspired untalented fuck

shut up

They were very talented but they chose A different path for fun and to protest

Duchamp was extremely talented, too bad for him all he's remembered for is a toilet.

Why don't you look up shit before giving your stupid opinion

Is Veeky Forums the modern dada?

We are cubists

Belching up stale memes is in no way Dada, quite the opposite and what Dada was critiquing.

Is art always leaping behind philosophy? I thought his fountaine was an illustration of a 'problem' that was dealt with ages ago. Same with en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Oak_Tree.

>fountaine was an illustration of a 'problem'
this is misinformed on so many levels

Dada was just a anti-realist reaction against the World war I. not a big deal.

WHAT IS ART? HEHE. TROLLED.

It is probably more about philosophy claiming it has "dealt with" something and dismissing it blissfully ignoring the real word that still finds it significant and worth discussing.

Philosophy is the aloof teen saying they are too wise and smart for childish things while science and art are gleefully playing and discovering new things.

I didnt mean it was supposed to be such an illustrtion, but that what it showed in the end wasnt a new addition to philosophy.

>At about this time, Duchamp read Max Stirner's philosophical tract, The Ego and Its Own, the study of which he considered another turning point in his artistic and intellectual development. He called it "a remarkable book ... which advances no formal theories, but just keeps saying that the ego is always there in everything."[17]

lel

please stop posting

I suggest you visit the online philosophy store for new thoughtful additions every day!

Who are you talking to

Everyone

Dada wasn't even an art movement you obtuse degenerates

Are you retorded?

Yeah, it's more literary and philosophical than artistic.

Name one, just one, dadaist writer except of Tzara

Dadaism was to art what Nietzsche was to philosophy.

That is, its corollary.

you[/spoiler]r cunt[/spoiler]

We are witnessing a degrengoladic downfall of Veeky Forums

Hugo Ball

now fetch my newspaper, boy

A dada masterpiece:

$66##&&
This is
Code coad cod
Doc
Turlee turlee jinx
Inzeenieer making my day
Low lay
Once again i repeta code coad cod, doc
5"#&&/4
Thank meyou

I want millions of dollars and to be a legend

upvoted

>millions of dollars
Since when were the Dadaists particularly rich?

I am a neo-dadaist and this is my manifesto

basically Veeky Forums posts from the 1920s

Is dadaism ironic shitposting

Art is at its best when it reflects mans search for God.

>being this pleb
unironically????

And at the start of the 20thC the toilet was the best place to find him.

the Buddha of the bathroom

Is that the tracklist for the new Autechre album?

user is pretty spooked.

No its the tracklist for the new Bon Iver

Disgusting.

Why is Leto a pharaoh's head on a giant dong ?

Hang on... that Breton mini-expo aisle just opened up in Paris which is titled "when the surrealists were right", and it happens to be situated within a few dozen feet of one of Duchamp's own two replicas of the pisspot.
Do I win something?

maybe

fuck Breton pope of surrealism

DADA DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING

>duh it's not a photorealistic painting of a horse so it's bad

Fuck off back to Rebbit.

This is ignorant.

>common sense
*laughs controllably and with a good cadence*

WE NEED MORE PAINTINGS OF SHIPS IN A STORM

>All non-representative art is of equivalent value by virtue of it not attempting to be a photograph

neo-dada is even more right

the fountain is non-representative?

>The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy states that "to fail to consider it a great work of art because it fails to give rise to a distinctively aesthetic kind of pleasure does not actually undermine the project at all. Conceptual art, as we now know, is about conveying meaning through a vehicular medium, and not to provide its audience with experiences of, say, beauty. Any attack on this fundamental feature of conceptual art targets not so much an individual piece but the artform as such."

Kekkek

It is what it is and does not attempt to be a representation in lieu of another thing.

it attempts to be a representation of a fountain

Which it either simply is, or otherwise is an incredibly poor representation of.

a poor representation doesn't mean non-representational. it's not abstract

Right about what, exactly?

DODO

Dadaism wasn't trying to be deep or unique, it was self-described as "anti-art". It was about "intellectual violence" (a Dadaist term), directed against the people who were emotionally numb to war and suffering (particularly WWI), but were emotionally enthralled and captivated by art. It was a giant shit on art, produced by nausea.

So it was basically built on the fallacy that no one actually likes real war and that real war can't be glorious/awe-inspiring?

It wasn't directed against people like Junger, it was directed against the elite.

How so?

in the case of cubism it was more a revival of renaissance art principles of draftsmanship and the close study of objects even if it did depart from the conventions of representation, especially euclidean perspective. early modern art isn't so much a rebellion as it is a resolution of art. the true anti-art occurred in the 19th century when it tried to appeal to the middle-classes, since they now actually had access to art after the effects of the enlightenment and the revolutions changed the structure of society (and consequently the purposes of art)

>real war

Which one of these is right?

I am, that guy is just an idiot spouting off Marxist drivel about how "real art" is ideologically revolutionary or something, and because Dadaism was ideologically revolutionary, it was "real art", and the bourgeois art was anti-art.

even Andy Warhol was talented

not only do you have the most pleb opinions on art, you can't even read or comprehend the arguments of others. what about 'renaissance principles' is revolutionary or marxist to you, faggot?

>replying to a non-anonymous poster

Nice try namefag but what user wrote concerning dada and cubism sounds about right to any reader that's a wee bit educated on art history.

>Art is what you can get away with
What did he mean by this?

Honestly anyone here bitching about "art today", don't understand art. If art conveys more than one emotion or idea, introspection.

It isn't about looking pretty. It can involve light show, sound, it can involve sculpt, it could involve bird feathers, who cares, as long as the ideas conveyed form a cohesive whole that's legible in context. And mostly, none of you are in context.

None of you art read in art.

You say we should go back to landscapes. But what do they even suggest? They are meant to be evocative in a totally different way, but you just chose them because they look pretty.

Looking pretty hasn't been part of art for a long time. The same people who make jokes about Hitler, and are all for NatSoc, and returning to tradition, values, these same people will defend the Gestapo locking up or even killing artists that disagreed with party line. Or depicted the human body in nude, or suggestively at all. Created music with suggestive themes of intimacy.

It's fucking nonsense, the amount of talent gone out the window because of ideas of exactly what art is always creates the opposite effect, and demands more cerebral art you don't care for.

I would rather have an Egon Schiele than anything any of you consider "good art", anyways.

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

He meant that he masturbated in public whenever he could like the degenerate he was.

Oh just shut up. The people here have done worse without even justifying it as art. Should I consider all your unique tragedies and cold eyes art? If I did, it would be a compliment you should take.

I'll ignore everything you said since you're so butthurt to point out that Egon is actually GOOD and talented and hardly any people argue against that, especially art critics. I don't know why you use that example. Most people complain about what's been happening since the 50s and 60s whether they realize it or not but you're just a dimwit.

Muh feelings, muh introspection. Ya cause obviously renaissance painters just liked le beauty and there was no deeper meaning.

I'm still right.

mudslinging is pretty dada

Why is all art shit now?

Mad art history major detected.

Fuck off

this isn't dada you fucking troglodyte go do some research before you post

is this and aphex twin tracklist?

>I don't know why you use that example

Because your complaints were of art being too ugly. Art dying, art being for tired intelectuals who have nothing else to contribute, that art has become for the world's loser.

All of them weren't new, and all of them were lobbed at so many of his time at him, illiterate as you are to art and what it means. What art even is.

It comes from the soul, what you want is shit.

>Most people complain about what's been happening since the 50s and 60s whether they realize it or not but you're just a dimwit.

Another generation complains about art, new art comes, new art goes. Those who never understood what it was all about, miss the point and lament for a time which they never saw or never heard or never felt or never touched.

>Muh feelings, muh introspection. Ya cause obviously renaissance painters just liked le beauty and there was no deeper meaning.

I would rather criticize idealism in art than sit here all day fucking praising it to death. Never use "muh" in a sentence again you fucking amateur, it makes you look like a foolish teenager who repeats what he sees like a parrot.

How do we get art out of the galleries and into peoples homes?

Not at all an art history major, I'm just tired of you and your kind commenting on art for all the wrong reasons. You can be educated in many different subjects, and you can speak on them.

You can speak on many topics uneducated as well.

I will loathe the latter, while embracing the other.

Bad art is done in self-congratulation or pseudotransgression.

That man spreading his asshole that one some award or something is both of those things.

DUCHAMP WAS TO ART WHAT HUGH MUNGUS IS TO MEMES

TRIGGERING PEOPLE LEFT AND RIGHT

>>Bad art is done in self-congratulation or pseudotransgression.

Are the posts you make about art, bad art?