Is japaense food bland? everything just tastes of mirin

is japaense food bland? everything just tastes of mirin

is food bland? everything just tastes of

give an example of another cuisine that has one flavour that is as ubiquitous as mirin is in japanese food

Don't be silly, of course it's not all bland, just like most world cuisines are not bland across the board.
Do you need examples?

Tomato in Italian
Cumin in Tex-Mex
Salt in midwestern USA
"Flower pepper" and doubanjiang in Sichuan Chinese
Sesame oil in Korean

Do you want me to continue?

>Tomato in Italian
>Cumin in Tex-Mex
>Salt in midwestern USA
>"Flower pepper" and doubanjiang in Sichuan Chinese
>Sesame oil in Korean
maybe in your backwater flyover chain restaurants

Dirty underwear in Indian
Mold in Mexican

ill give you sichuan but the others are wrong

I could say the same thing about OP's insistence that everything Japanese tastes of Mirin.

Pepper, thyme and rosemary in England
Tarragon in France
Fish sauce in Thailand
Rotting fish in Sweden
Paprika in Spain

Ketchup in American
Kraft dinner in Canadian
Poverty in Ireland

>Pepper, thyme and rosemary in England
>Tarragon in France
>Fish sauce in Thailand
>Rotting fish in Sweden
>Paprika in Spain
flyover detected

>is japaense food bland?
yes, it is very bland
It's my least favorite asian food for that reason. I just want to shower food with herbs, just something more than green onions sometimes

> everything just tastes of mirin
most dishes don't include mirin. Are you sure you know what mirin tastes like? Are you confusing this with miso or soy? Now if we were talking thai food, I'd say that some cooks have a heavy hand with fish sauce in a good deal of dishes, and really could add it to any dish. But with japanese food, running the gamut from composed salads, formed little dumplings, rice balls, soups, stir fries, and a gazillion other things, I'm absolutely sure mirin isn't in even 25% of them. Have you had much Japanese food really? I don't think it's even in a typical sushi restaurant menu choices whatsoever, maybe if you got some negamaki, it'd be in the marinade, but nothing more.

None of these are fucking true except Sichuan Chinese and that's because it's a specific regional cuisine.

Stop posting, fag.

I dunno, most of the Japanese food I've had is very reliant on the natural taste of the foods, so sometimes that can be pretty bland to people used to heavy seasoning? Lots of raw cabbage eaten by average people there.

Give me 5 Japanese dishes that are not bland as fuck

You responded to two persons and England definitely is
t. Englander

I would not call Japanese food bland. It does lean toward subtle. The only flavor they tend to lean on in a less than restrained way is salt.

Yeah, can't wait to eat my tikka masala with 'pper, 'mary 'n thyme.

There exists food outside your mother's sunday roasts, you stupid fag.

mexican food is just the same 5 ingredients rearranged 3000 different ways

CANT HAE MY FISH AND CHIPS WITHOUT PEPPER ROSEMARY AND THYME

no, it's sugoi you fakkin' gaijin

commit sudoku

>Not eating roast potatoes cooked in goose fat with rosemary and thyme
Fish and chips is not the English national dish. The Sunday Roast is.

what kind of faggot doesn't like mirin?

>English national dish
no its the chicken tikka masala

whats that

Who is this girl?

>girl

Yeah, that's what happens when you have few exports and centuries of restricted trade with countries that cook better than you

literally the most feminine penis in the business though

this post has the most condescending and sure tone yet its wrong

I can really only imagine what kind of fucking mouthbreather wrote this

mirin is in everything along with sake and soy sauce maybe even some sugar

of course it wouldn't be in a "typical sushi restaurant menu" because the menu wouldn't be focused washoku in general only sushi but if you look at other washoku mirin is probably in 75% of the dishes

And precisely how many jap recipes have you googled? When I do, it's only the few dishes with marinades. Everything else, nah.

fuck off retard I live in Japan it's in everything most japanese dishes are 煮物 nimono( lit meaning boiled things) shit simmered in dashi mirin sake soy sugar, it's in sukiyaki, kinpira gobo, pork shogayaki, kabocha soboro, tsukune, hell it's even in curry udon it's in more things than it's not, if the recipes you're looking at are in English they're probably written for Americans which for some mirin is tough to find

>feminine
>penis
no.

>buttblasted weeaboo detected

better call them a weeaboo to show I don't care

>'Hey guis, x - am I rite? XD'
>'Well, no, X isn't always the case
>'NO FUCK YOU YOU STUPID FAGS YOU DONT KNOW SHIT! X IS ALWAYS TRUE FUCK YOURE SUCH FUCKING FAGS KYS HERES SOME SHIT I GOOGLED TO PROVE MY POINT
>Veeky Forums

he said he lives in japan

OP here i went to japan

>Poverty in Ireland
You spelled potato wrong

Short answer? Yeah. Basically it's the epitome of "here's something salty and/or fishy with a starch" with few exceptions of course. That said I still enjoy it because you have to really taste each individual flavour and requires a more subtle nuance and attention to detail. I couldn't imagine eating it daily because I think it'd get routine. Funnily enough I think they're at their best for their desserts and their weeaboo bullshit junk food.

So what was the point of this thread of you already knew the answer?

Just kidding I know the answer for this. Because you wanted to shitpost.

Why does blandness carry such a negative connotation? Is it wrong to enjoy the natural flavors of the ingredients in combination with each other?

Do you always eat heavily spiced foods with overwhelming flavors? From the Japanese's perspective, Indian food would be too overpowering. But no one seems to use 'overpowering' as a negative.

>wah wah stop discussing things on the forum

>Tarragon
I'm French and this is bullshit. Most people eat tarragon about twice a year.
I'd pick garlic instead ? Or onions ?

I didn't make the thread bozo

>
>>Tarragon
>I'm French and this is bullshit. Most people eat tarragon about twice a year.
>I'd pick garlic instead ? Or onions ?
Whatever you say pierre

I agree. Been to japan. Same fucking flavor all over the country. It really is utter trash tier food.