Monopolizes the rights to books

>monopolizes the rights to books
>never fucking prints them

Why is the Dalkey archive such shit?

You referring to the time they're taking publishing Women & Men or what

women and men, the tunnel, The Recognitions etc.

They're subsidized through donations because no one actually buys 99% of their books on a consistent basis. Though the things they put out would've been out of print either way.

I've been hearing about women and men more and more. I can already tell it's gonna be the next meme.

I can already see the threads calling for the ousting of infinite jest and the inclusion of women and men. The "I bought this book, did I get memes?" threads. That will be so much fun...

Memed*

The Recognitions is still available idiot.

Here I am buying paper books every week.

Doesn't Dzanc have Women and Men now?

Just because they printed a run of something, it doesn't mean that they have perpetual rights. Plus, it's not like Gass and Gaddis weren't available for ages for more timely people to buy them.

Dalkey Archive is great. Printing stuff like Gass and Gaddis, who other publishers would gladly print, is the least important thing that they do. Instead, breaking translated authors is what they deserve a place in American literary history for. I've have literally read 100+ books that they have published, and I would consider my life impoverished if I had missed some of them.

Where?

For instance:

Arno Camenisch

Bernard Comment

Max Frisch

Gerhard Meier

Nikanor Teratologen

AG Porta

Andrej Blatnik

Danilo Kis

Svetislav Basara

David Albahari

Gabriela Ademesteanu

Goncalo Tavares

Eloy Urroz

Alvaro Enrique

Carlos Fuentes

Tadeusz Konwicki

Witold Gombrowicz

Marek Biencyzk

Stig Saeterbakken

Arno Schmidt

Antoine Volodine

Edouard Leve

Herve Le Tellier

Pierre Albert-Birot

Jean Echenoz

Toomas Vint

Michal Ajvaz

Georgi Gospodinov

Jiri Grusa

Patrik Ourednik

Lydia Telles

Ignacio De Loyala Brandao

Ivan Angelo

Joao Almino

Juan Filloy

Manuel Puig

Louis Paul Boon

and so forth

Anywhere. I got mine from Bookdepo a few weeks ago.

The Book Depository.

It was sold out for a brief period but its back in stock.

Amazon also has decently priced used copies and I'm sure most decent libraries have it. I prefer the blue penguin edition, but that may just be because it is the first copy that I read.

Hello newfriend, Women and Men meme has come and gone for the most part.

You're about 6 six months too late

More like over a year

I've been on lit for a few years and I just found out about this book a few weeks ago...

In all seriousness though, I agree that Dalkey is a great Publisher. Honestly the only reason I made this thread was to bait people into telling me where I could buy the books mentioned here Also I haven't heard of a lot of the people you mentioned. Thanks for the list, I'll have to check them out.

Thanks for taking it the right way. To narrow it down a bit: Frisch, Kis, Gombrowicz, Konwicki, Schmidt, Brandao, Vint, Ajvaz, Boon, and Filloy are probably the best 10 in that list.

Is The Tunnel not available? Is it valuable? I bought a copy in a charity shop the other day.

It was out of print for a LONG time (as was JR), they only brought it back like a month ago.

Thank you for making this thread. It made me check if Dalkey had published any of the Ajvaz books they've been sitting on the publishing rights of, and they had.

It's annoying that Dalkey monopolizes rights like they do (and their structure for sponsoring a book is a joke) but they're publishing stuff that wouldn't be otherwise probably, which means I can't help but appreciate them.