I just made scones for the first time. I have Cheese and Jalapeno peppers in them

I just made scones for the first time. I have Cheese and Jalapeno peppers in them.

They taste good but I wish I had some sort of sauce or relish or jam to eat them with. What would you guys recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2016/oct/06/how-to-make-the-perfect-cheese-scones
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Homemade pork sausage patty, over easy egg, slice of sharp cheddar, and salted butter

maybe an onion marmalade would go well with the cheese?

I'd gorge on those with sausage gravy.

Top with cream cheese and crab

Well, since they're not sweet, might as well just call them biscuits, or cream biscuits, depending how you made them.

They would go alright with some lime zest garlic butter, with or without honey. Red pepper jam is one of my favorites on fresh biscuits, especially sweet potato biscuits, or just enjoy them as your bread item alongside some bowl of steaming chili or stew. I see alot of raspberry combined with jalapeno, so go with that one alternately.

Would be good as a whole meal. I kind of made them to snack on though.

Something like this is what I'm looking for. I might try this.

I have never heard of sausage gravy before. I looked it up and I'm curious to try it now. I'd need to go pick up some sausage though.

Do you guys think a tomato jam would go well with it?

>Red pepper jam
>raspberry combined with jalapeno

Great ideas, I think I'm going to go with one of these.

Thanks again friends.

They look really nice! What was the recipe? I can rarely get my biscuits to rise up that light and fluffy with baking powder and soda.

Cilantro and garlic sour cream

Don't over mix then

Gee, what a good recipe! Thx, you nignog.

Those aren't mine. It's a picture I found online.

I used this recipe.
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2016/oct/06/how-to-make-the-perfect-cheese-scones

I didn't read the article, I just scrolled down to the recipe at the bottom. I didn't have chives so I used jalapeno peppers.

I also found that it was still a bit dry and crumbly after I added the milk and water, so I had to add a bit more milk to it.

Once I had the dough on the flower I didn't use a cookie cutter, I just cut the scones with a knife into squares and triangles and then put them on a pan with parchment paper that was lightly greased.

I didn't have any trouble with them rising either. this recipe used the most baking powder out of all of the recipes I found online.

You must not be an amerifat. Its a staple of the south in America.

Also I wouldn't mind your recipe those do look very good.

Not for a fucking scone. What is wrong with you?

Those aren't scones, they're biscuits

Those aren't scones those are fucking biscuits

Sorry im not british.

This my first time both making and eating a scone/biscuit.

They look delicious.

Spread: block of softened cream cheese, jar of jalapeno jelly. Moosh together, spread on scones/biscuits.

>I have never heard of sausage gravy before. I looked it up and I'm curious to try it now. I'd need to go pick up some sausage though.
Get a reduced fat jimmy dean mild in the tube. Crumble and brown in a cast iron. Pat the pan to remove all but a tsp of fat. Add flour, toast til combined with the fat and golden brown. Add cream or evaporated milk, and copious amounts of black pepper. Check for seasoning. Serve over split biscuits (the kind that are buttermilk and not the flaky kind). A good starter biscuit are "drop biscuits" which are especially good for gravy.
>Do you guys think a tomato jam would go well with it?
Absolutely.

Those arent mine.

These are how mine turned out. But thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks for the tips.

British people use the word incorrectly. Those are biscuits

Am getting so confused.
THIS IS A SCONE

The above? With that shape, assumed fluffiness and texture and the fact that they're savory makes those BISCUITS.
Or whatever.

OP if you're not an ameriburgerlardfat you might not be familiar, but that IS a cornerstone of the traditional American breakfast. Served on their own or, like many fast food places do (specifically Hardee's/Carl's Jr) served with a Bacon/Egg/Cheese or Sausage and an Egg in between as a sandwich

Finally, sausage gravy (the drippings of cooking sausage in the pan combined with your obvs. and a few chunks of sausage left in) is poured on top of biscuits like yours and eaten with a spoon.
If you haven't tried it do this.

Dude, those are muffins.

>your
Flour*
Ffs

Taste freedom, you limey cunt

Ummm...... these are biscuits......

Are you a britbong? Mayhaps perchance thisesth why you talk like a buffoon oinker!!!!

>poured on top of biscuits like yours and eaten with a spoon.
uhh, no, It is eaten with a knife and fork. Even grits are eaten with a fork. Adults stop using spoons around the time they feed themselves. I can't even picture what kind of horrible mess would need a spoon.

Would you dunk it in a cup of tea?

Yes ---> It's a biscuit
no ---> It is not a biscuit

Would you dunk it in a cup of tea?
Yes ---> It is biscotti
No ---> It is a biscuit

No sorry. Im neither british or american.

Unexpected! So yeah dude, you have a bunch of good ideas to choose from here. Anyway, those fluffy big flour-based things that you made or whatever you call them look really good, props.

How embarrassing.