Why does Veeky Forums seem to have a low opinion on Numberphile?

Why does Veeky Forums seem to have a low opinion on Numberphile?

>this thread again

Because it is not math, nor is it interested in teaching you properly. Computerphile is better but still horrible, you are wasting your time with it.

Has objectively the best memes. Runner up is Wildburger.

>not interested in teaching you properly
Well, I do not think this is the purpose of the channel. They want to give a brief overview of certain areas in mathematics for the non experienced viewers without being overly complicated. I think it's alright although they do fuck up sometimes.

Because Veeky Forums is filled with arrogant people. Numberphile is good for what it is, and that is a nontechnical, simple explanation of cool maths shit. It's intention is to show people that maths can actually be fun. Like highschoolers.

But math isn't fun, and they are not teaching math

I think it is

That is the problem, you are stupid, so you come up with shit like "math is fun"

>you can't be intelligent AND find math fun

brainlet detected. not all of us struggle with it as muchas you do

You seem frustrated

B-b-but math is supposed to be hard! R-right, guys?

>They want to give a brief overview of certain areas in mathematics for the non experienced viewers without being overly complicated
That sounds like a textbook definition of teaching to me, user.

>YELLOWED.COM

Expect that he litteraly tells shit like
>1 - 1 + 1 - 1 ... = 1/2
>lmao

Pic related is the best description I've ever seen.

>just entered college
>took level 1 calculus
>"you are stupid, so you come up with shit like "math is fun""
>tips fedora

i never said he was good at his job

zoomzoom

kek

Because it's fairly popular and because they don't do math "properly" (i.e. it's pop-math, not rigorous math)

it doesn't help that the guy in your pic is a walking meme

I honestly think they're pretty good at what they do, with a few exceptions (when they do stuff like the -1/12 video it's a little misrepresented) they do a way better job than your standard
>dude donuts are coffee cups isn't math wacky lol
pop-math explanation.

what's a good channel for math?

>STOP ENJOYING THINGS!!!!!!

it's not only nontechnical, it's rarely an explanation of anything. more like "hurr 1+2+3+...=-1/12! see math is FUN and COOL xD"

it's "gamer girl" all over again, literally nothing of value

wildberger
channels with proofs are a rule of thumb to look for

I've read this at least a dozen times before. Still makes kek.
The user who made this is a fucking genius.

Checking the unchecked quads

>Stop liking things I don't like

Where's that one about the dude who has a hard on for Klein bottles

>It's intention is to show people that maths can actually be fun.
*its

also: no. its intention, like that of any youtube-whore channel, is to gain views, likes and subcribers to increase shekels.

you can say the same about virtually any youtube channel

>you will never be this much of a brainlet
feels good, man

haha everyone get a load of this NERD

Here ya go, user.

>wildberger
>implying
nice meme

>people shouldn't make fun things because they make money out of it
Fuck off to russia, commie.

My fucking sides

You know, some people actually enjoy teaching.

I'm guess you would have no understanding of this, as I'm sure nobody enjoys listening to you talk.

mathdoctorbob
maaaaybe njwildberger
For very advanced viewers:
IHES
IHP

I like numberphile
And discrete mathematics was my favorite course

fite me feggets

I agree. Numberphile may not be rigorous or proofy, but it generates interest and fosters a healthy enthusiasm for the subject while exposing people to things that most people never even considered.

checked

Because it's popular

Everyone's hate for it comes from the -1/12 bullshit, specifically because of how much it somehow spread from there.

>this poor fuckin' bastard here...

Not everyone blindly follows and memorizes math equations and processes. Some people like a little context to what they are doing. This channel helps add the context.

>but we don't need normies in math if they don't just grant it authority upon face value those people are fuuuucking stuuuupid durrr
>2016
>being this hipster

What are you even talking about

>mad

>It's intention is to show people that maths can actually be fun
but the fun in math are the proofs and logic and relations between areas that at first glance appear unrelated

> My concept of fun is the only valid one.

>implying doing actual mathematics is fun or rewarding in any way shape or form

You must not attempt this approach to parallels. I know this way to its very end. I have traversed this bottomless night, which extinguished all light and joy of my life. I entreat you, leave the science of the parallels alone... I thought I would sacrifice myself for the sake of truth. I was ready to become a martyr who would remove the flaw from geometry and return it purified to mankind. I accomplished monstrous, enormous labors; my creations are far better than those of others and yet I have not achieved complete satisfaction.... I turned back when I saw that no man can reach the bottom of the night. I turned back unconsoled, pitying myself and all mankind.

I admit that I expect little from the deviation of your lines. It seems to me that I have been in these regions; that I have traveled past all reefs of this infernal Dead Sea and have always come back with broken mast and torn sail. The ruin of my disposition and my fall date back to this time. I thoughtlessly risked my life and happiness - aut Caesar aut nihil.

>cums in (on) Klein bottle
holy kek

I like them though.