What "neat" kitchen appliances do you own, Veeky Forums? And what do they do?

What "neat" kitchen appliances do you own, Veeky Forums? And what do they do?

>pic related

OG Salton Henrietta, hard boils and poaches up to 7 eggs at a time. Just pierce eggs for hard boiling, or put them in the tray for poaching. Fill with water, plug it in, and wait for the chirp.

Other urls found in this thread:

jbprince.com/images/Y30195_zoom.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have an oven with 4 stove burners on top. It has been able to accomplish nearly all my cooking needs since I began cooking. It bakes, boils, roasts, fries, broils, sautées, and just about anything else you could ever want!

So it's basically a hot plate with a bowl and a timer?

I don't have room for crap like this in my kitchen, even if I had use for it, which I don't. Plus any kitchen appliances made of plastic are a pain in the ass to clean anyway.

Pic-related is the only thing I can think of
It's a french press I got on clearance for cheap as fuck, and it makes delicious coffee. The cups are too small to be useful to me as I only drink giant mugs of coffee, but I really like the little stirring spoons.

A motherfucking pressure cooker

I have the exact same one except it's green. My kids use the cups.

I almost got that one. I spent a ridiculously long time in the store trying to make up my mind.

I wished they'd had an orange one like with this other set I found while looking for a picture.

Jesus fuck don't tell me you are too lazy to poach, let alone boil eggs. That has to be the most american thing I've seen since kraft singles
These are neat, best for when friends come round

My favourite tool of late is the good olde mandoline, great for garnishes
But the single nicest niche item has to be pic related

That's adorable OP. I can't imagine why eggs need to be pierced though, hrm. But, if were like a protein diet /fit kind of person, it would be in constant use for breakfast.

This isn't an appliance, but one of my antiques that I find adorable and kitschy. It has a resevior on the bottom to put salt and vinegar in to preserve cheese at room temperature. I use it to ripen up bananas or other fruit faster, occasionally as a cookie jar when I have a double batch ;)

jbprince.com/images/Y30195_zoom.jpg

>I can't imagine why eggs need to be pierced though

Just a small pinprick. It lets heat escape and keeps the shells from cracking. You'd do the same when boiling them in a pot.

does that work well for mincing?
I think mincing garlic with a knife has to be the one thing I absolutely fucking LOATHE doing most of all in the kitchen. I tried those garlic presses and I hated having to clean them out nearly as much, plus they left too much garlic stuck in them. Apparently you have to buy a really expensive one for them to work properly.

on the bigger side with the air-pocket... if you do it on the smaller side then it just squirts egg out in a ribbon.

Yes, exactly.

I've used a different kind of plane for garlic, one that is flat,without those curved edges so the garlic can easily be wiped off the underside. But, fingers can get close to sharp blade, and finger nails get a little slice in them.
I prefer the press if I don't want to chop, just put it in there skin an all. Use a fork to fish out the peel and onto the next insertion of a new clove. A simple scrub brush will clean it well, but don't let that garlic dry on there. Instantly rinse it, and hit with the brush.

What is the name of this device?, parents had one as a kid and I must have it.

Did you even read the OP?

>But the single nicest niche item has to be pic related
I can 100% get behind this. Great for garlic and zesting citrus.

Why does google or amazon not show shit for it then?
Og salton henrietta

It doesn't mince so much as shred, but yes, turns them into a fine pile of particles.
Funny note, I love pulverising garlic with a nice sharp.
This is pretty cool, would use
OG means original, or original gangster

I've got a mild anxiety about appliances in the form of animals. Piggy banks included.

Halogen oven

OG means Original (Gangsta).

Salton was / is a company (well, several). There was a Salton UK, and a Salton US (both of which have been bought out and merged with other companies). The only remaining "Salton" is a Canadian company.

The Salton which produced Henrietta The Hen (don't ask me which) sold the IP a while ago, and now they're made by...someone. Not Salton, though.

OG actually means ocean grown, as in grown beside the ocean.