I wish you would all put your hatred of the Harry Potter book series away which I believe are the best books ever...

I wish you would all put your hatred of the Harry Potter book series away which I believe are the best books ever written. I did not even grow up with them and read them as an adult since I am Gen X (I am 40 yrs old). Nothing comes close to the comfiness and magic of these books. You either get on the right side of history or look like ignorant fools.

Other urls found in this thread:

1xn.org/softspeakers/PDFs/bloom.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

History will burry these books.

I think the first three will be remembered but the rest are as this user guessed will more than likely be forgotten, save only people remembering the movies. The first three books have that wondrous charm to them then they became the really shitty, edgy and dark YA everyone knows today, some say it may even have played a hand in popularizing or spawning it. Either way not that bad. Some hit moments and some miss, mostly hit in a lot of areas.

I give the series a moderate rating of 6/10 considering there are only three legit decent books there.

>I think the first three will be remembered but the rest are as this user guessed will more than likely be forgotten

That doesn't even fucking make sense. The story takes place over the entire series. "History will remember the first third of the story and then forget the rest of it."

Added to the fact that Chamber of Secrets is widely considered the weakest installment of the series, how could you say something like that.

3 and 6 are the best.

Saying history will bury them is absolutely absurd, If you actually believe that you're delusional, otherwise it's just posturing wannabe patrician wishful thinking.

They are probably the most widely celebrated and beloved works of children's lit ever written. Bar none (for better or worse) perhaps the biggest modern literary phenomenon of all time. They'll be remembered as much as Narnia or anything by Roald Dahl.

These books are some of the only books anyone read and will ever read again since high school. I'm not even a Harry Potter fanboy. I grew up with them and like them, but they're nothing more than pretty good kids lit.

Still, to say history will forget Harry Potter? Pffft, let me know when it happens Patrician-sama.

>I did not even grow up with them and read them as an adult since I am Gen X (I am 40 yrs old). Nothing comes close to the comfiness and magic of these books.
Really? You think nothing comes close?

>Still, to say history will forget Harry Potter?
Who?

>comfiness and magic of these books
Ok fine, they are comfy. In the same way a sloppy greasy burger is comfy but both are shit quality and nothing you should be putting into your body regularly.

The problem is... the praise is too much. Kids reading it, sure. I was 10ish when I got the first one and honestly I thought it was just ok then too, I preferred to read old stories like Treasure Island or Dracula. But fucking adults are still wanking themselves off over this shit. Add to the fact that Rowling is clearly bluepilled as fuck doesn't endear me to her books either.

The HP books are the modern equivalent of Dickens. not even trolling, they will not be forgotten

None of the books explore the human experience, or any themes for that matter. You don't leave with anything thought provoking.

>INB4 b-b-but friendship and adventures and happy endings!

1xn.org/softspeakers/PDFs/bloom.pdf

Was Bloom right, Veeky Forums?

>(You) will more than likely be forgotten
Yeah, but I am a human. Im supposed to be forgotten. Art is supposed to last. These books are just cheap bloockbuster products whose sole success is due to good marketing and the fact that they appeal to the lowest common denominator.

They are the He-man, Thundercats, or transformers of our time. Popular for a decade and then onto the next thing. Or people will grow and forget about them.

>They'll be remembered as much as Narnia
Like you would know Narnia if it wasnt because of the movie,

Also the Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland are better reads.

I think there is some literary merit in following the same characters over nine books going from kids to adults

No, he's correct. The first three tell a wonderful story of the orphan reconciling with his lot. He begins helpless and by the end of volume three has learned to banish fear by invoking the spirit of his father. The End.

The rest of the books are a mix of genre cliches, teen drama and Rowling's staunch Guardian-reader politics.

Veeky Forumss hatred of HP might be retarded, but it is definitely not the 'best series' or any of that shit. Its a pretty good series, its great for its target audience, and Rowling definitely knows her mythology. It's definitely the best YA with a female author.

My issues with the potter saga start and end with the Deathly Hallows.

After HBP I was expecting multiple books with the more mature and dark shit going on and not the shitstorm that left me a sad person inside

>best books ever written
>nothing comes close to the comfiness and magic
>right side of history

this has to be bait, but i'll bite. You must have read an incredibly small number of books to think these are anything above lowest common denominator entertainment. They have little to no literary value, and they only offer "comfort" and escapism. Reading these books is at best a waste of time, and at worst it will lower your standards for good literature and lead you to wasting even more time reading YA and genre fiction. I hope you start reading some actually good literature and realize that by reading those books there are now seven other books that you'll never read because you wasted your time with children's books

>He begins helpless and by the end of volume three has learned to banish fear by invoking the spirit of his father.

well, i mean, you can read children's books about twice as fast as real books page for page since they require zero thinking. not an argument for them, but i still read Cursed Child since it was only like an hour and a half read to make me knowledgable on what happened in it

Pretty low bait

I enjoyed them when I was a kid but I reread the first one recently and thought it was pretty meh

Hey Veeky Forums. I have not read the books and I have heard some pretty shitty things about the series, but its main weakness seems to be Rowlings´ prose. Is this true?

Regardless of how you feel about the series, if you believe this you are a fucking retard.

If i had a kid id let him/her read hp when its 8 years old.

I am going to have a daughter in December

I will never let her read this garbage.

But she will.

Under that assumption then the Resident Evil movies deserve praise since there is merit in following the same characters over nine movies going from regular to awful.

Not if he raises her well. Like an educated individual and not like a moron that follows trends.

No she won't, if my wife has her way she won't even learn English (though it is translated to French). If that can happen, surely a single bad book series can be left out as well.

I never read them, honestly what is the appeal. Anyway though it's been ten years since the series ended and the fanbase is still there, it's not going away anytime soon

>heard the news of another book being published
>IT'S A FUCKING SCRIPTBOOK

it felt so fucking lazy
also that ugly nigger hermione on the theater piece

I don't hate them, they were awesome books in jr high, if you're 40 though.... there's so many holes and things that just don't make sense at all in it and I don't think I could read them again without getting mad about them

>they were awesome books in jr high, if you're 40 though
Freudian slip of a High School English teacher.

So not only are you an elitistic retard, but your wife is a backwoods whore who takes pride in not being educated?

Just kill your whole family to be honest

>History will burry these books.
But not the Industrial Publishing Machine. We'll squeeze every last cent out the cucked folk who enjoy the franchise.

>So not only are you an elitistic retard, but your wife is a backwoods whore who takes pride in not being educated?

I've heard a lot of frogs are like that.

Where are you getting these inferences? Would you happen to be an oracle?

Mirror, mirror, on the wall;
Who is the biggest retard of them all?
There are none more retarded than user.

Since when is the having read Harry Potter a determiner of being educated?
And since when is being educated a virtue?
Her being 17 and in the 12th grade, does that not make her as educated as the norm? Is the norm uneducated, do you define what makes one educated?
I can't even read French, user. I can speak a crude dialect of it at most.

It's already happening desu senpai. What kid today actually reads these books?

>There are none
is*
Just to be pedantic af.

>Who is the biggest retard of them all?
Referring to a single person in the third person
>There are none more retarded than user.
Referring to multiple people in the third person, but since the former sentence implies there is could be a single person more retarded than user, both 'are' and 'is' are correct.

>Referring to multiple people in the third person
No, because none is short for "not one", therefore singular. It is, as already admitted to, high level pedantry correction wise.

It isn't even pedantry, it's refusing to see the sentence in context.

what the fuck hiro I bought a pass and now its not working

What does grammar have to do with context? I think you're having one of those colorless green ideas again.

And its also been used both ways for over 12 centuries. Give over.

>And its also been used both ways for over 12 centuries.
Why would that ever bother a pedant?

Because language is fluid, if you want to argue about centuries old changes, we should still be speaking fucking saxon.

>if you want to argue about centuries old changes
Are you aware of what pedantry is bruh?

I'm extremely aware, its the mind of a fool at work. Read up on your George Bernard Shaw quotes, mate.

>I'm extremely aware, its the mind of a fool at work. Read up on your George Bernard Shaw quotes, mate.
It's like you're having a conversation with yourself all in one comment.

Hmmm.

lol you're so anti-conformist!

congrats

Okay, you got me. I'm searching for things to say to that, but it looks like there are none.

(You)
is*