Anons, help me in my quest for knowledge. Give me the ultimate to-read list please

Anons, help me in my quest for knowledge. Give me the ultimate to-read list please.

Other urls found in this thread:

ufolou.com/p/blog-page_46.html
sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html
sonic.net/~rteeter/greatbks.html
thomasaquinas.edu/a-liberating-education/syllabus
global.oup.com/academic/series/arts-and-humanities/history/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

my diary desu

Is is any good?

Stepbrother Inked

I would advise caution on your thirst for ultimate knowledge, Most of the time the things you really yearn for come to you in ways you won't expect and as a result might actually fuck you up if you are not strong enough to handle it.

Experience is a great giver of knowledge, I've seen that. What I want is knowledge that'll differentiate me from the superfluous. I don't want to sleep anymore.

For an example, Your current personal belief system may prevent you from actually understanding the truth or the real ultimate knowledge even it it was right in front of you.

I recognize the difficulty of the task. But no great accomplishment is easy.

I agree with you, when I left school many years ago I went down that path wanting to build up as much life experience as possible, Do as much research as possible and as a result I tend to have people misunderstand me most of the time.

I have become a Yacht master and sailed the oceans for a time, I have become a pilot and flow the skies for a time, I have worked my arse off in retail,, physical labor, Healthcare, professional and military type of environments, I have spent long time at many different kind of libraries for research into the why of why we live, religion, science, Spirituality. I have been as open minded as I could be so as to gather as much information, experience and knowledge that I could fit into my brain and then through all that gain wisdom. I have even delved for a few years into the science of Psychology so that I could better understand people as a whole. Thereafter I hunted through the internet to further increase my knowledge base.

After all this I can say with certainty that although I am better off for having done all what I have done I cannot help but have an almost pessimistic view on humanity.

Best of luck to you man.

You can't be that thirsty for knowledge if you want anons on Veeky Forums to spoonfeed you a reading list. Do your own research.

Come on, of course I'm doing my own research. Veeky Forums is huge, with a surprising number of similar people. What's the harm in hearing the opinion of people?

Very true, I just hope in your case that you find peace within yourself at the end of your journey, After all That I have gone through I find that even with all my experience and wisdom I cannot fight away the depression of having no one that can possible understand me when it comes to my kind of conversation about the reason we are all here alive and breathing. That's All I want to debate. When I find that out is when I will gain peace.

because if you'd been on Veeky Forums more than a week you'd know about things like the philosophy project on google docs and Harold Bloom's western canon.

Thanks man, it sounds really difficult, but I think I'm ready.

I hope I can find it too. But I'm not sure if knowledge gives you peace, instead of further increasing anxiety. I'm sure you can find peace by applying your knowledge bro.

Well, I haven't been here for a long time, I must admit that.

That being said, Look deep within yourself. Do you want to be pointed down a path that could bring you closer to gaining that kind of knowledge? Or would you prefer not knowing.

If you want to start the journey you have to start with an open mind and instead of being defensive to new information rather have a debate about it and then do research. The worst thing you can do is let your Ego or your current beliefs to cloud your judgement when gaining new information and experience.

Also, the western cannon? I realize why western wisdom is more popular on Veeky Forums, but there is a humongous amount of knowledge outside of Europe. And Veeky Forums can't help me find that, maybe not even the internet.

not really desu

It's an easy answer, not knowing is never a choice for me.

That's another reason why this is going to be difficult. I'll try my best to be as objective as possible.

Ok then man, I will try help you out the best I can with what knowledge I have to offer.

What kind of Knowledge do you want?

>I want knowledge but no I'm not going to read the western canon
Good fucking luck buddy, because properly studying the canon is a lifetime project and China has volumes more literature than the west. Best start learning Mandarin about three years ago.

That's a difficult question. Is there a god? What is my purpose in life? What is good and what is bad? How was the universe "born"? What is intellect, reason etc.

So much to read, so little time. Never said the west doesn't have wisdom, on the contrary the west is (or at least used to be) full of it. I guess I speak english, so I'll start with that. Just saying how most of non-western wisdom is marginalized. But then again, this is a western age after all.

Alright, you've got a starting point then. Stop shitposting and git reading faggot.

I see that you would like to have information based on that area of research. Very well, follow the link at the bottom of this post. And remember to try and stay open minded.

I have done YEARS of research into MANY different kind of religions. I have done YEARS of research into MANY different kind of belief systems that people have. and the information given at the link below is the one that I believe to be the complete unadulterated truth. It's not for everyone so again I would ask you to have an open mind. I am not forcing upon you my beliefs or understanding. I am merely pointing you down a path that I believe is a good answer to the answers you are looking for.

ufolou.com/p/blog-page_46.html

This man is woke. He speaks the truth.

Thank you once again, I'll read it now.

Pure mathematics and empirical science journals and textbooks, that is the only path to knowledge.

Only a pleasure. I hope you find what you are looking for. If anyone here on this thread would like to have any other kind of information please ask and I will do what I can with regards to my current knowledge base to assist you.

That's true! But a lot is left unanswered by it.

How can I prevent my gf from taking the BEC(big extraterrestrial cock)

There is a diffrence between knowledge and wisdom.

You will only find both from one source.

God

Can't and will not give you the pleasure of answering that kind of silly question that is only aimed to mock me albeit gently.

You meant death

That is a question that will never be answered. 3deep5me pal

Start with the greeks. Dem greek homos knew more than you probably ever will.

I think there is definitely some civilization with wisdom before the greeks whose wisdom has been lost. Or else how could the greeks become so wise?

Just start with the greeks already you fucking retard

Woah, take a chill pill. What're you so triggered about?

Why are you taking up board space with this thread? I don't understand. Want knowledge? Start with the Greeks. It's very simple.

And then?

Holy fuck, it's going to take you a while to read the Greeks. You're asking people to spoon feed you an entire lifetime of reading material. Fuck off, read the god damned Greeks, and when you're finished you'll know what to read next. Christ.

All right, sorry for annoying you.

I know what I meant feggit

The full list of books that Bloom put together includes some eastern authors.

sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html
sonic.net/~rteeter/greatbks.html
thomasaquinas.edu/a-liberating-education/syllabus
global.oup.com/academic/series/arts-and-humanities/history/