Alright so lit, I'm a huge romantic. (I'm not sure if I've used it correctly)

Alright so lit, I'm a huge romantic. (I'm not sure if I've used it correctly).
I like being in love. And I like how passionate loving someone can be. I like how loving is as addicting as crack cocaine and how life after the end of a relationship feels like drug withdrawal.
Naturally, I love reading about love.
Now, Hindi or Urdu poetry scene glorifies the beauty of the muse, but they don't usually write about the other aspects of love. Sorry if I'm not being eloquent but like, who cares about how beautiful that lady was or how her skin shone like moonlight etc.

When I read Pablo Neruda's versus like "I want to do with you what spring does with cherry trees" or the one where he talks about how he loves his muse's feet because they walked over the earth, wind and waters till they found him, it sends a chill down my spine. I relate, get overwhelmed and fall in love with an entity I don't even recognise. I love Pablo Neruda and his works.

Now recently, I started watching Narcos and the theme song blew me away. 'Tuyo' by a certain Rodrigo Amarante has similar style of intense lyrics as Neruda's poetry. Then I wondered if it was a Spanish thing. I thought that perhaps the Spanish, or the French and the Italians are fierce, passionate lovers.

And I want to read their works.
So Veeky Forums can you help me and recommend or suggest whose works I should read?

Are you a grill?

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

>Hindi or Urdu poetry
>L O N D O N
probably

I am a designated grill senpai

If you're a romantic like me, then you'll generally enjoy classic literature from 1800's and before. Victorian Gothic is another good path. But I would especially recommend The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. That book will make you feel hardcore.

“We believe that we can change the things around us in accordance with our desires—we believe it because otherwise we can see no favourable outcome. We do not think of the outcome which generally comes to pass and is also favourable: we do not succeed in changing things in accordance with our desires, but gradually our desires change. The situation that we hoped to change because it was intolerable becomes unimportant to us. We have failed to surmount the obstacle, as we were absolutely determined to do, but life has taken us round it, led us beyond it, and then if we turn round to gaze into the distance of the past, we can barely see it, so imperceptible has it become.” – Marcel Proust, In Search of Lost Time

“Atticus said to Jem one day, “I’d rather you shot at tin cans in the backyard, but I know you’ll go after birds. Shoot all the blue jays you want, if you can hit ‘em, but remember it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.” That was the only time I ever heard Atticus say it was a sin to do something, and I asked Miss Maudie about it. “Your father’s right,” she said. “Mockingbirds don’t do one thing except make music for us to enjoy. They don’t eat up people’s gardens, don’t nest in corn cribs, they don’t do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That’s why it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”

Thread dat

You need The Unbearable Lightness of Being in your life. It's absolutely filled with romanticization of love and philosophy. (I'm a bit sad it's been coopted by leddit try-hard intellectuals, but if you ignore them and take the book's Philosophy 101 vibe with a grain of salt, you won't find a more beautiful book.)

Milan Kundera was Czech, but he spent the latter portion of his life in France. No doubt because of the romance culture, even though Kundera's Prague is just as lush.

>"I want to do with you what spring does with cherry trees"

Cringe.

Dis

Wtf does spring do with cherry trees? I mean I know they blossom in spring, But I didnt know spring was doin it! How is spring? Tell spring I said hi

I don't know why you find it cringe worthy but when I was in love, I was a happy kid. Happy, would in fact be an understatement. When he professed his love for me, I had a grin on my face the entire day. When we were together, you could see my face glow with the euphoria I tried to contain within myself. That's what he did with me. Corny, but yes, he did with me what spring does with cherry trees.

You sound like a heroinist.

I am sorry but my testicles prevent me from Reading such materials.

Then why post in the thread

Now you get why I said love is as addicting as crack cocaine.

Which should be a warning sign for you to stay away as much as possible.

Nah but for real, I am a sucker for love to and im a male. I love the sort of passion and enthusiasm and honesty in Love as an emotion, its very raw... Just like the effects of alcohol on le brain, Love and alcohol are both primitive asf and have fucked with us since day one So i generally just write angsty crap about the meaninglessness in it all

novelladerane wordpress com

Or it can imply that he wants to sexually stimulate her, or that he makes her horny.
Flowers as we all know are sexual organs of plants and trees, and it insinuates that Pablo wants her muse to lust after him.

sex is ugly, why try and make it pretty

>sex is ugly
for you

only women know how to love:

love of men towards women = love of women towards children = unconditional love (utopian for men, real for women)

love of men towards children (= an aid to retire and stop their suffering) = love of women towards men = utility towards more pleasures and less pains in the future

Women don't love unconditionally.

sure they do, they're human.

Nobody loves unconditionally, least of all women.

If women loved unconditionally, they would die pregnant in the wilderness alone.

This post is really gay

No they do. Just look at the cases where women die for their kids when they're older.