Veeky Forums'S TOP BOOKS 2016 WHEN!?!?!?!

Veeky Forums'S TOP BOOKS 2016 WHEN!?!?!?!

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeEuDRJF33JvAFxsckzp_54uMiOfqCWkWWlKKZPaVE3BjWwwg/viewform
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>over 3 months left in 2016

2116, when enough people have told them what they are supposed to like.

Jerusalem and Bottom's Dream

Done.

i've read a couple of 2016 books but like most Veeky Forumsposters i spread what i read over the centuries and it's hard to stay as current as one should and be able to give verdicts on the current literary scene when you're still getting fucked up on dostoyevsky you just got around to reading this year

Will those who liked Brief History of 7 Killings remember it this year, I wonder

isn't that last year now?
i liked it and still do

Here to get Under the Volcano in that list

No one on Veeky Forums except Sebastien reads enough to offer an informed opinion.

Yeah but OP is referring to those polls that are occasionally made here where people compile their favourites. Not limited to what came out that year (I honestly doubt you'd get 100 entries from all of Veeky Forums on that...)

It seems you all have missed the point.

He means one of these

>He
I know this is Veeky Forums, but please stop assuming everybody has a penis.

I know this is Veeky Forums, but please stop assuming every he has a penis.

never

Why would it change? Hoping the DFW meme has cooled and we can get rid of IJ?

I know one things for sure. J R better be on that fucking list. best book I've read in years. glad it went back in print.

>Hoping the DFW meme has cooled
Are you high? This was the year of the Dependable* Dave Wallace Interview Screencap

*) there really IS one for every occasion!

THIS TIME MORE VOTES,

AT LEAST 5

MAYBE 2017 AT LEAST

has lit grown at all?

Yes, wider, like a NEET

I also like the idea of more votes. A big problem with previous polls is if you look at the last 20 or so entries they only have one or two votes. Literally anyone would come along who isn't a lit user and get whatever they want in. Also it helps prevent trolling like how Harry Potter is in one of them. More votes means greater chance of books getting more votes creating creating stratification of (and more accurate) results.

Whoever did the 2016 one put quite a bit of effort into it. He had over 250 unique voters

>the polling user

>the last 20 or so entries they only have one or two votes
It was two or three, actually, and those with two were tie-broken by most voters afterwards, from a much greater pool of titles that had only 2 votes.
I also doubt this will change much with more votes.

NO
LIKE THIS

hashtagrekt

Yeah he did a great job. People don't realize how much effort it is to compile a list like this, never mind making it presentable.

I doubt we'll get a 2016 list. To be honest we don't need one. The lists form 2014-16 hardly changed at all, and it mostly exposes the fact that only a few people on Veeky Forums read widely. Then we have all the highschool tier books, sci-fi and fantasy too, that get overrated because they're the only books shitposters have read.

These problems are not really resolvable...

Here you guys go

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeEuDRJF33JvAFxsckzp_54uMiOfqCWkWWlKKZPaVE3BjWwwg/viewform

Please post the 2016 one

no thanks, it's demeaning desu

>Jerusalem

thx man

I still in 1973....

Guarantee you haven't even read it

done

sebastien doesnt read, he vacuously skims the words and marks it "read" on his goodreads. that's the extent of his "reading"

what's the score?

AND THE NUMBHA ONE BOOK OF 2016 IIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSS

INFINITE JEST

EVERY YEAR, YEAH, STILL THE KING.

So far everyone's a loser.
Bible, Don Quixote, Karamazov, Lolita, Moby Dick all have more than one vote, but only nine have voted so far. I'm making another thread to promote this.

That's to weed out the plebs like you