I've made leek and potato soup every Sunday for the last month

I've made leek and potato soup every Sunday for the last month.
Thinking maybe broccoli soup today? Give me some ideas

SOUP GENERAL

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GuT4MPZ61-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eh, I'm not poor so I don't really drink soup.

For me, it's the mc chicken

Make a Brunswick stew

Recipe?

Drinking hooker piss instead. Got it.

Ever make a split pea and ham soup?

4 leeks
2lb potato
Butter
Garlic
1.5l chicken or vegetable stock
Bay leaf
Salt
250ml - 500ml heavy cream

Melt a good bit of butter in big pan
Saute chopped leeks (remove root and dark green bits) and garlic until soft
Add chopped potatoes
Throw in bay leaf and salt
Add stock
Bring to boil then simmer for 15 min until potato soft
Blend or immersion blend
Stir in cream

Lots of cream, some bacon-bits or croutons.
Sprinkle with parmesan or a dollop of creme fraiche.

Cauliflower-broccoli soup:
>Cauliflower
>Broccoli
>Potato
>Yellow onion
>Heavy cream
>Leek for garnish

Cook everything 'cept the leeks in a pot, 0.8L water and some chicken stock. Blend in a blender and put it back in the pot. Add sizzled leeks, some heavy cream, salt & pepper. Add more spices at own leisure.
Extra points if you leave some of the broccoli and cauliflower out of the blender for some chew in the soup.

Why would you want to eat soup in the middle of summer? Pfft, silly americans

Carrot soup with ginger and orange zests.

creamy chicken coconut curry

Sounds good, will make

Irish, numbnuts

Got the ingredients. Looking forward senpai.

how do I make cheese soup? is it basically just runny cheese sauce?

Blend some grated cheese to whatever soup you've made. How much cheese is up to you.

yeah but I just want cheese soup, not xyz and cheese soup. maybe beer and cheese soup but I don't know how you would melt cheese into beer and not have it be a mess.

Stilton Soup.

Oh. Add cheese to boiling water (or beer) (or both)

Beer and cheese soup:

Make white mirepoix (mushrooms, onions, celery). Sweat it until the onions turn translucent. Add flour to make a roux. Cook briefly (careful you don't burn it), then pour in some vegetable or chicken stock. Simmer about 30 minutes.

Puree. Pour in your beer, bring back to a gentle simmer. Add shredded cheddar cheese, whisking constantly so it doesn't stick and burn. Don't let it boil after you've added the cheese or it could split. Season with salt and pepper.

I made a simple borscht yesterday. It suffered from using precooked beetroot as it was all the store had. I'm making carrot and coriander soup today. I think I'll follow your lead and make stilton and broccoli tomorrow.

Delicious, thanks

Carrot corriander sounds nice. Maybe a tablespoon of curry powder in it

>Ausfailians can't into gazpacho

you want something god tier? home made clam chowder

French Onion is my favourite soup by some distance.

I prefer roasted red pepper soup, and not that tomato and red pepper soup bullshit, but the one made using beef stock, mustard powder, and freshly roasted peppers

Basic cheese soup:

Shred ~16 oz quality cheddar, toss in ~T 1/2 cornstarch reserve. Whisk together 5 oz evaporated milk, 1 bottle brown ale/porter/stout, 1 T Dijon, 1 t Worcestershire sauce in a saucepan and warm until steaming, add cheese in batches whisking so as not to scorch, adding chicken broth or water to desired consistency. Do not boil.

*should emphasize: either brown ale or porter or stout

I like French onion the best as well. Then probably borscht, tomato, and cream of mushroom.

But its February

There's this one homemade tomato soup that I fucking adore. My qt3.14azngf cooks it and never used recipes, but I'll try:
>Large yellow onion
>Shallots (a handful)
>Garlic (3 cloves is a good start)
>Can/tin of tomatoes
>Some(!) tomato paste
>Wheat flour
>Celery

>Some heavy cream
>Beef stock
>S&P to taste

Brown the onions first in olive oil, then add garlic in a pot. Add wheat flour and a glass of water, bring to a boil. Add tomatoes and tomato paste, and a chopped celery. Add the heavy cream (~1,5 dL) and beef stock (3-5 gel-cubes = 3-5 tsp of gel).
Salt and pepper to taste, olive oil goes in the bowls after plating. Toasted rye bread on the side holy shit my mouth is watering...

Recently started dating a vegan (ugh), and have branched out to vegan-friendly soups, because soups are delicious. My most recent was a spicy cauliflower and chickpea stew:

1 cauliflower, de-cored and chopped
1 large can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 medium onion, diced
1-2 carrots (or a bunch of baby carrots),
diced garlic, minced (I used 3 cloves because I love garlic)
1 32-oz box vegetable broth (or water, or whatever broth you prefer)
1 small can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (peppers minced, sauce reserved)

In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, sauté carrots and onion in a dash of olive oil on medium heat until onion is translucent
Add garlic, sauté an additional minute
Add minced peppers and the reserved sauce, tomatoes, broth, and cauliflower
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer covered 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is cooked
Add chickpeas, cover and cook on low an additional 5-10 minutes

Memify your leek and potato soup with some kale, bacon, and sriracha.

sopa de ajo

I don't know if you're just fucking around, but you might be interested in Welsh Rabbit.

Make Italian Wedding Soup

I've started using vegetable stock for pretty much every (non-beef) stew or soup I make and the quality has improved greatly, I'm not proposing going vegan but it makes the soups a hell of a lot better than if I used chicken stock.

are you sure you're talking chicken stock and not chicken broth
I usually make chicken stock the same way I make veggie stock but with a chicken carcass

It's definitely stock, veg stock makes the soup taste almost cleaner than the chicken.

Recipe?

Add blue cheese to your broccolli soup.

Broccolli and Stilton soup is amazing.

I make a bangin spicy shrimp and scallop soup, I think I'm going to have that for lunch tomorrow

Could go real simple with it.
youtube.com/watch?v=GuT4MPZ61-E