I just finished ISOLT and want to pat myself on the back a bit for it

I just finished ISOLT and want to pat myself on the back a bit for it.

use this thread to "brag"

Good. Now go read something actually good. Like "Journey to the End of the Night".

You are retarded if you think this nazi scum Celine is better than Proust

How long did it take you?

Favourite chapter?

Top bait my masked friend (Celine actually is better than Proust though)

>he didn't stop after the first half

how scared of lesbians are you now?

вoвa нaбoкoв - гoвнo desu

>tfw the best works of your national literature aren't in their mother tongue

oh, vla-ddy, vladdy, the old devil, the fire in my loins

Is it yr favorite book now? Stockholm Syndrome isn't so bad, huh? God Proust was a great psychologist

If I read this in translation, should I read the 7 books by the same translator?

100% fucking yes. Don't mix C.K.S. Moncrieff with any of the other translators

I read War and Peace when I was 13 just to show off and it was worth it.

I'm reading Les Miserables in the original French. It will only be impressive when I actually finish it all.

Congrats man, sincerely. Huge goddamn book.

I'm not Russian desu lad I only know the word for shit and how to use the cyrillic script

Yes. Moncrieff is amazing

What phrases do I use if I want to seem like I've read these books?

>FUCK ME IN MY BOIPUSSY
>WHIP ME HARDER
>HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW MAMAN

>when you buy the full modern library edition of this fag's book and it comes and you're loving it up till book four when you realise there's like 50 pages just MISSING from near the end of the book so you don't start it cuz there's no point and you forget everything that's happened so you're gonna have to start it again when you get round to getting a full copy of book four but deep down you know that's never gonna happen because you're lazy and your back catalogue is overwhelming and you're just reading because you've told yourself you like reading and you don't know what you ACTUALLY capital E Enjoy and you deep down suspect maybe you don't enjoy anything but hey ho that's life isn't it.
Happy for you OP!!!! :))

Ezra Pound said Montcrieff was better than the original, but that might be hyperbolic

Indicative of something anyway

either the vinteuil septett, or riverbelle, but they're more like episodes i guess

about a year, because i'm slow

Fug.

What are you going to do now?

Fug indeed