Biological limbs will always be superior to non-biological ones

Biological limbs will always be superior to non-biological ones.

Imagine you are a person with most of your body is artificial. Your legs and arms are robotic. Your plane has crashed in the mountains and you are part of the survivors. What do you do? Unless you can get to a power source, you have a count down until you just become a useless stump. Now, you may think that this is unlikely. But the assumption that we will always have access to power is an assumption of developed nations. Imagine you're in a nation at war. Power is either inconstent or non-existant. What are people to do with their fancy powered limbs and organs now?

In contrast, biological body parts are powered by readily available oxygen and food. No special equipment is required. I'd much rather have those in any kind of survival situation.

>Superiority is decided by some retarded faggot on Veeky Forums and his made up scenario
Wow really makes you think

>made up

You mean reality? Life isn't all sunshines. Having vital parts of your body rely on electrical power is a huge flaw.

Having no body parts in the first place is a huge flaw. It's not like people are cutting off their goddamn arm so they can have a robot arm—they have the robot arm because their natural one is gone. It's really a case of something vs nothing, and honestly, I'd rather have something. If people WERE cutting their limbs off just to get the robotic counterparts, then I'd understand where you're coming from.

COUNTERPOINT: This unit is a cyborg trapped in a reinforced structure orbiting the Earth. There are many mechanical maintenance kits within the structure and a surplus of electrical power being generated. However, there is no food, and oxygen is limited.

LAMENTATION: Truly, my biological body parts are a terrible limitation. If only my body and brain were wholly artificial, I would be fine.

>Your plane has crashed in the mountains and you are part of the survivors.

Except my organic fingers go numb within minutes if the temp drops below 35F, and suddenly my hands are severely uncoordinated and weak. Pretty shitty in a survival situation if you ask me.

I agree for the moment, but I will be pretty mad if we aren't full /duesex/ within my lifetime.

>better start drinking my own piss
>oh shit, I got a robot dong, I can't piss

HERE is your cyborg inferiority, OP!

> You gain a robotic arm that comes with normal human strength and dexterity, but also a high end onahole attachment

>But if your plane crashes you're fucked

Do you push the button Veeky Forums?

The pictured limb is comparably primitive compared to current, more expensive versions. It will only improve in every way, eventually surpassing biological limbs. Just as every piece of tech we've created eventually improves significantly. Most have improved rather quickly actually, if there was more demand for artificial limbs then it would already have surpassed biological. In the future it will either be replaced with some other method (likely be a hybrid method if this were the case) or be incredibly efficient that you barely have to charge it. In this case all you need to do is improve batteries, you could just have a tiny solar panel and you'd be fine too.

Can you imagine all the cellphone related battery problems with your limbs?
>man, i could eat breakfast using my left arm as well, but im not sure ill have enough charge left to make it till tonight
>Better hold my arm completely still while walking to save electricity
>ill be able to charge my arm in 3h, so I can us 4% charge per hour, picking up the baby will take 1%, maybe 2, will I need it later to open a door,? better take the long route back to office, less doors in the way...

If you could cause neurogenesis in the limb, you could use the neurons' action potentials to generate electricity the machine could use, hence going from foo.

It wouldn't be efficient, but humans aren't wanting for food

>If you could cause neurogenesis in the limb, you could use the neurons' action potentials to generate electricity the machine could use, hence going from foo.

STOP

Robohandjobs

>tfw there were no survivors

Filthy Augs need to die

>Biological limbs will always be superior to non-biological ones.
this man disagrees

Building on that, Deus Ex has augs be powered by their users with internal batteries of some kind that presumably have very long or indefinite lifespans (maybe powered with kinetic sensors?). Nothing to suggest real life prosthetics won't follow the same trend

In the future I imagine EMPs would be devastating.

Will post results. Video will be on the YNC.

Imagine you are a person with most of your body is artificial. Your legs and arms are robotic. Your ship has just sunk in the northern atlantic. What do you do? Unless you can get to a life boat, you have a count down until your limbs seize from the temperature and you drown. Now, you may think this is unlikely. But the assumption that we will always have create unsinkable ships is the assumption of developed nations.

three words: glucose fuel cells

if you get more buff, do you have to upgrade your robotic limb to match the rest of your body?

no, strength is all central nervous system adaptations and has nothing to do with the size of your muscles

>always

So many assumptions in this one word

So in the real world Cameron can just walk around in public with no living tissue hiding her endoskeleton and no one bats an eye?

Make the cyborg arm run on ogxygen in the bloodstream.

Countries prepared for war aren't stupid enough to develop their critical systems on something inconsistent.
Carriers have their own nuclear power plants built in.
Tanks are run on diesel.
Every hospital has a backup generator and it would make a whole lot of fucking sense if exosuits were fueled instead of powered.

>not having an arm that connects to your bloodstream and uses your own nutrients as fuel

couldn't they implement something which uses the same molecular processes our cells use with ATP and shit to generate electricity? and it wouldn't need to draw any glucose when its not being used since there are no cells to keep alive/warm

if that could be done the only disadvantage would be inability to heal

>haha, just kidding, with so little to maintain my body can survive thrice as much as if I had pee to drink in a normal body!

That's a lame button.
I brought you a better one.
Merry Christmas, bitch.

Needs a reply
It fucked up the formatting
of my sweet haiku

Someday we may have solar powered limbs, or artificial limbs that can power themselves from calorie intake and combustion like regular limbs.

Massive immune response and clotting would happen. even after massive research into artificial heart valves they still
Have lifelong meds and repeat surgeries to keep body from destroying them

damn. why does that happen though? I know about immune responses to foreign cells because of receptors or some shit (don't flame me I don't know about this stuff) but why would there be a problem with something artificial? It's not like there's an open wound like with having a nail in your skin.

Mechanical limbs will always be superior to non-mechanical ones.

Imagine you are a person with most of your body is biological. Your legs and arms are meat. Your plane has crashed in the mountains and you are part of the survivors. What do you do? Unless you can get to a food and water source, you have a count down until you just become a useless stump. Now, you may think that this is unlikely. But the assumption that we will always have access to food and water is an assumption of developed nations. Imagine you're in a nation at war. Food and water are either inconsistent or non-existent. What are people to do with their fancy flesh limbs and organs now?

In contrast, mechanical body parts are powered by readily available solar panels and sunlight. No special farming is required. I'd much rather have those in any kind of survival situation.

The immune system can't tell the difference, anything that is detected to be foreign to the body gets fucked and it's not like immune cells have any sort of intelligence to determine that you actually need that transplant organ.

damn. what sorts of solutions have they come up with so far?

Not the previous poster, but generally a shit tonne of immunosuppressant drugs are used. Some fancier polymer coatings on artificial implants can lower the fibrotic response, but nothing short of immitating the body's unique indentifying protiens or inducing aids would prevent foreign object rejection.

that's pretty interesting. confusing for me, but interesting.

also do you know how to get firefox to look like your pic related??

Good shitpost but
>readily available solar panels
Contradicts
> Imagine you're in a nation at war (where electricity is inconsistent)

9/10

>he doesn't have panels built in to his prosthesis

>Your plane has crashed in the mountains and you are part of the survivors. What do you do? Unless you can get to a power source, you have a count down until you just become a useless stump
Right it's so much better being an organofag where after a certain period of time you just drop dead and can never be revived, because the components of your body just break the fuck down without energy.

At least if you were in a robo body you could be repowered when your body is found by rescuers.

Also the shit about intermittent electricity applies to food also, in which case see above. At least if our bodies were robo we could shutdown until an automatic wakeup is triggered on power restoration. No food for a month? Guess what you're just fucking dead, forever.

tfw i will never get a robot handjob

1) Buy a robotic hand.
2) Buy an onahole.
3) Have robotic hand set up on a stand as it holds the onahole.
4) Enter onahole

Congratulations I have given u something better. Robotic handonaholejob

While I think one day limb prostheses will be able to match normal limbs in functionality. The rate that people willing remove normal limbs and replace them will be rather low. I feel it would happen though. I feel it just won't be a common sight. More like a lifestyle choice really.

I wished these things had more in-depth discussion.

If you're that worried about it you should just kill yourself. Death is superior to life.

Currently artificial synapses actually run on less power than biological ones. So while your limbs/body might be toast your uploaded brain would be fine, so that's something.

>what is renewable energy
Just get an arm with solar panels holy shit.

yes right, because my biological body doesnt need any energy to function.

right now its really not a hard question whats superior, but i would highly doubt that "always" part.

>What do You do?
Solar power them
>implaing Veeky Forums would not go cyborg
>Implaing I don't have bioartificial liver device build-in as a standard.
Kys Bionics

>be alive
>have to eat to recharge energies
>be dead
>soul doesn't need energy
>PROFIT????!!!

>recharging your arm at an airport
Isn't he worried about getting an infection?

What is the full functionality of this thing in OP's pic?

Are we Fullmetal Alchemist now?

no you have your piss already in a nice bag
you could have some cool aid in there just for emergencies

there's a new technology
the take a donated heart and remove all cells
then they put your stem cells in it
the cells regonize the proteins of the ghost heart and become heart cells

current stand they get the heart to run at around 60% power completely with new cells

ask the guy from /diy/ that modified an 6axis industrial robot

>Biological limbs will always be superior to non-biological ones.

This is (at the moment) undeniable. But you can't deny that robo-limbs like in pic related are still pretty kick ass.

Not that user/Brainlet. But why don't you make the artificial organ with some DNA of the original organ you had so the immune system recognize it/part of it?

you take a donate organ and remove all cells from it

then you lay the zombie organ into stem cells and the remains proteins tell the cells to become heart liver muscle cells

Biological limbs are basically designed to work on earth

Say you were on mars or something, though. It would be better to have a limb that can be charged through readily available solar power as opposed to the likely scarce food. Also, you overall would require less oxygen and nutrient because you dont have to sustain an arm

>entirely dependent on a somewhat expensive drug in order to live with augs and not fucking die.

Yeah... so superior.

THULSA DOOM WAS RIGHT
FLESH, FLESH IS STRONGER THAN STEEL
Just wait phaggots, regenerative medicine is going to climax epicly.
I don't even care if I end up looking like some kind of Frankensteinish abomination made of graft upon graft, I WILL live for a thousand years!

Always is a big word.

For the reasonable future, yes biological limbs will be superior to artificial limbs. You have no idea what the landscape will resemble in say, 100 or even 200 years in the future.

One of the first things they tell you is that they pulled off some shit and that Jensen is not dependent on said drug. Between that and the fact that the new Deus Ex is strongly based around the drug being pushed forward by the Illuminati as I understand (have not played it), it's not as much of a zinger as you think.

brainlet you quoted. I'm pretty sure there is some work being done in this. they take stem cells from the patient and spur the cells to differentiate into new tissue with the same DNA.

but that's not bionic, it will just be a regular body part and as such it won't be super strong, or cool.