Untitled

...?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/veU6hK3jMH4
physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2010/nov/19/penrose-claims-to-have-glimpsed-universe-before-big-bang
youtu.be/GgKGUua7DhA
youtube.com/watch?v=8j-74JaZV9Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a singularity is not nothing, what happend before it we have no idea

Time is cyclical.

The big bang that begins the universe is also the big crunch that ends the universe.

>there was nothing
That makes no sense.

What is the latest? Is the net energy in the universe zero or not?

Lol nice conjecture

Yes, for the universe came from an exploding object called "nothing".

There is no data that supports the big crunch theory (even if i find it appealing)

>singularity
meme word

There is no such thing as a 'beginning', there are just a bunch of 'presents'.

No it isn't

Merry christmas to you too!

It is. Singularities don't exist in nature.

Correction:

>In the beginning there was something
>and then it expanded.

You're welcome.

>what is a black hole

>he hasn't seen the dot on the letter i
>smugface.png

define beginning

big bang is just a theory

the conditions a singularity is under cannot be called "nature"

In the beginning there was infinity, then it exploded.

>big bang is just a theory

to do list:
1. gtfo of Veeky Forums
2. learn what a theory is
3. return and apologize

Curvurtare in the aethar?

this is science and math
not
shit I pulled out my ass

I wish undergrads would just shut the fuck up about things they have no clue about.

Scratch that last one off

youtu.be/veU6hK3jMH4

Classic Michael Bay.

Are you...
A) Trolling
B) Claiming black holes dont exist
C) Claiming theres something other than a singularity past the event horizon
D) Stupid

At the moment im thinking its B and D. Im rooting for you to sway my thinking though.

Oh look, the Jewish version of NDT

For the last time : the name Big Bang is an ironic named given by Fred "proto-butthurt/sci/entist" Hoyle.

People who came with this theory (LemaƮtre & cie) never said it was an explosion, but just a rapid expansion of the original singularity to a new frame that we call the space-time nowadays.

I've been on Sci for some time now and I'm kinda starting to doubt that

If you take into consideration string theory and evaluate it with the axiom of choice, the big bang theory is undeniable.

I personally subscribe to the solid state theory, but there's no evidence for any of the theories, anyways.

what if space and time already existed and the big bang was just all the matter in the universe converged in one fucking huge black hole?

There is no solid state theory, you mean steady state you have no idea what you're talking about but you feel qualified to weigh the evidence. A steady state universe still cannot explain the isotropy and spectrum of the cosmic microwave background. Not to mention the fact it requires the ongoing creation of matter by completely undescribed means.

I know. But if you think about it, this is the only thing that makes sense.

Studies in thermodynamics indicate that the total universal energy is preserved in all transactions; so your assertion that nothing existed prior to big bang is a false one, op. The properties and nature of that energy prior to big bang, however are still yet to be know. Big crunch is not going to occur. Presence of Galactic bodies moving in varying directions lead us to believe we are in an expanding universe; and again thermodynamic law determines that preserved energy will one transact into the surrounding environment as unusable potential energy and we will all die and shit.

It turns out that there is literally no such thing as nothing.

I'm not sure if you're so new you don't know he's memeing or if you're memeing even harder

Ex falso quodlibet

Einstein's equations predict a singularity in a black hole. The reason for this is that General Relativity isn't a complete mathematical model of the physical world and fails to correctly describe the physical phenomenon we know as a black hole.
Dumbass undergrad.

Not a thing that actually exists

So, before the beginning
there was nothing.

Then it expanded.

FTFY

How can gravity be anything but closed if it is always attractive? Haven't studied GR, but I don't understand the shape of the universe part.

>Studies in thermodynamics indicate that the total universal energy is preserved in all transactions; so your assertion that nothing existed prior to big bang is a false one, op.

Thermodynamics is built on inferences based on empirical observations. Whilst it holds for the processes we can observe and replicate, there is nothing to suggest that there are no circumstances where the laws of thermodynamics can be broken.

We aren't able to replicate the beginning of the universe, so we can't comment on whether thermodynamics laws hold in that process.

Gravity is always attractive and yet a spacecraft can escape if it can reach escape velocity. In the same way the universe can be expanding so quickly that gravity will never stop it from expanding.

I like this theory. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :)

Did you just assume his religion?

"Thermodynamics" would only be a binding law once the universe came into existence. Before that there couldn't have been any physical laws because "physical" as we know it was not a thing. Existence as we know it was not a thing.

Beyond that, you're also assuming there are NO conditions in which thermodynamics may break down, which could be true but it may not be true. We thought for a long time that Newtonian mechanics were solid, but later we learned that high velocities and large masses fuck up our calculations.

In the beginning god was fuckin ur mum and he came but he didn't want to get that fat bitch progo so he splurted in out into transdimensional space which created the universe

>meme word
Lrn2meme fgt pls

Reminder that the only theory we have any proof of is Penroses conformaly end of universe is the same as the big bang, thing.

physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2010/nov/19/penrose-claims-to-have-glimpsed-universe-before-big-bang

I made this thread a couple of days ago from a slightly different angle (possibly) and got some useful info and links

There's no point in time when nothing existed

>Your unprovable theory is different than my unprovable theory, you fucking retard

Here's the thing; we can't understand yet what happened before 13.7 billion years ago.

The common perception of the big bang is nothing but misinformation.

>the Christian meme argument

>there wasn't anything

Did you just assume my gender ?

>gen relativity
>unprovable theory
??????????????

then there is no point of existewnce if time is prevelet

youtu.be/GgKGUua7DhA

General relativity is not a quantum theory, therefore anything it predicts at quantum scales is irrelevant. i.e. the singularity at the center of a black hole

In the beginning there was space which contained everything and it expanded

>quantum scales
>center of a black hole

The idea is that when you solve the EFE and get a black hole solution, their is a radial dependence so as r-->0 the curvature diverges. But studying the behavior as r-->0, is ignoring the QM behavior that needs to be accounted for once you reach a small enough scale.

you think you know aboutt memes faggot???!!

i fucking hate drumpf and the retardican war on science, retardican stupidity is the true singularity here

fuck drumpf, hillary should have been president, she is more pro-science than anyone else

CTR stopped sending out checks last month bro.

A lot smarter.
A lot more published.
Makes sensible points.
A lot more scientist.
In the trash you go, you double nigger.

Your a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

>think about it
think about what you just thought about, brainlet

>Not realizing it's a false flag Trump supporter.

fuck you and everybody who looks like you

judging by your post thats you in the picture

"A brief history of time" by Stephen Hawking
"A universe from nothing" by Lawrence Krauss
"Why does the world exist" by Jim Holt

ikr, fucking autists

how did space and time come to be?

big bang is a lie.

the earth is a huge terrainum. NASA is in place to push a cosmology lie.

evolution is a lie. blacks have more genetic diversity therefore they are the first people while whites have significantly less genetic diversity, which is the reason why whites have significantly more chances of having weak offspring with disorders.
you cannot make a human out of a whale. there was always whales and then there was always humans. genetic offspring upon frequent isolation and interbreeding causes failure.

>>Not realizing it's a false flag Trump supporter.
>Not realizing it's a false flag Clinton supporter pretending to be a false flaging Trump supporter

You are wrong! This is more "shit I pulled out my ass" than "science and math".

>not realizing it's a false flag state-sponsored russian troll

That's the lagrangian of the standard model, not the maxwell equations

There was a divine creation 6000 years ago, big bang and evolutionism has been debunked for decades. See Dr. Hovind's work, and his $250,000 reward for 'proving' evolution if you want to learn more.

>what is unverifiable bullshit

>unverifiable
lolno

I always giggle when I see people who believe that there was time or a 'before' the big bang.

So limited in intellect.

What if "universes" break off into "child universes" via black holes exploding which coincidentally contain less matter and energy than their parent universe?

Aka it's all just stuff exploding, spreading out and converging in clusters, and exploding again and our "observable universe" is just us being limited to what we can see from the gravitational shockwave combined with the fact that the other "universes" are spaced out far away from one another.

Our universe is a simulation run on a computer. Big bang was just someone starting the program run. Good luck finding out how things started wherever the simulation computer is located.

How easy was that? Next question.

You're mixing up science and religion you fool. As best as science can explain in the beginning there was everything. In one point, a point of infinite density.

>Unironically unfamiliar with infinite density.

that is the stupidest shit i have ever read and makes god theory sound more plausible

bs
this muzzie gave a good explanation why that is illogical
youtube.com/watch?v=8j-74JaZV9Q

It all started from a fart and will all perish with a queef.

Men inject life and women expels it.

think about empty space but it still has dimensions. the 3 dimensions we have were created during the bang so before that there were none. zero. that's what the "nothing" is

>not a thing that actually exists

wtf are you talking about nigger

Lol