How many extra calories would you burn if you lowered your room temperature to 12 degrees celsius?

How many extra calories would you burn if you lowered your room temperature to 12 degrees celsius?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1620631440/thin-ice-20-a-next-gen-weight-loss-clothing-line
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My guess by the way is:

Assuming temperature in which your body does not have to put extra energy into maintaining your temperature is 21, and your body weight is 80kg, and you burn 1 calorie heating up 1kg of your body 1 degree, then you need to heat up 80kg 9 degrees celsius, which is 720 calories, then I don't know

That's heating up body from 12 degree to 21 degree and in both cases you're dead.

You actually need to measure the loss of heat from the body which varies depending on mostly clothing and minor things like humidity wind etc probably. Your body will need to produce as much energy as is exchanged with the environment, so you compare rate of exchange at 21 degree to rate at 12 degree. I don't think you can calculate it non experimentally with any accuracy without tons of other data and calculation.

You could probably search for some papers, it might be likely someone already measured how much heat we exchange.

How many calories would you guess?

I usually shower in cold water to get my metabolism running quicker. I don't even know if it works lmao, i'm just taking a bet that it does. too lazy to research.

>tfw 2faggot to take cold showers
literally kill me

just stop being a pussy

How does focusing/thinking about a lot of things allow your brain to "burn more calories"? Or is that just a meme

b-but its too cold ;_;

Hard to say, as it heavily depends on what you wear and what you are doing. I can assure you though that it's not worth it. Taking a walk for half an hour will certainly burn more calories than spending a day in the cold. The downsides of latter are that you feel miserable all the time.

It doesn't get your metabolism running quicker, whatever you think that means. It does put some stress on your circulation though, which is a good thing.

Yes, it's a meme.

I spent the winter of 2007 at 10 Celsius. It was the Great Recession, I was laid off in July and I couldn't afford more heat.

Between that and various Manuel labor jobs that I took to get any money, I lost 80 lbs. that winter (5'10", 250 lbs. down to 170 lbs.).

I tolerated it by always wearing coats and blankets. As my body burned away my fat stores, my farts became toxic as hell. I dropped birds out of trees.

I also got pneumonia from the constant cold sometime around Christmas. I crawled out of bed, vomited phlegm for about 15 minutes, and went to work. A doctor was completely out of the question. Couldn't afford one.

Good times. I look forward to a repeat sometime in Trump's first year.

okay I'll throw this in, since it seems like the most appropriate thread: if you take laxatives with a meal, will you process as many calories?

Kys

Yes. Here's the simple solution; eat less and stop trying to find workarounds as you're just enabling yourself.

Jealous I didn't think of this
first

kickstarter.com/projects/1620631440/thin-ice-20-a-next-gen-weight-loss-clothing-line

>stop trying to find workarounds
But finding workarounds is a product of critical thinking - is this something you lack?

Whatever the answer is, the real answer will be less than that because your body will adapt to the cold conditions to retain more heat instead of losing it to the environment

So you were morbidly obese with an easily replaced job. Got it.

That's just your failures in life coming to light, nothing political about it. Get a real education, get a real job, get your shit together kid.

i know its tough being a level 1 fitness initiate, but you can only advance through hard work, dedication, and most importantly of all, consistency.

by level 10 you will no longer be swayed by get fit quick schemes and mainstream media fitness advice

by level 20 you will be able to eat multiple cheat meals a week without negative impacts

by level 35 you will learn how to eat whatever you want whenever you want and still stay below maintenance

by level 50 you will be able to maintain an 8% bodyfat indefinitely

Just take 1kg of DNP op.

After 6 months you'll be almost just a skeleton.

I always end my showers cold even in winter (used to be to "close" skin pores but apparently that's bullshit) since I take my showers at night and it's far easier to fall asleep with a cold body temperature than a hot one.

after a hot shower for 5 minutes or so, gradually moving to a cold shower feels like taking a refreshing cold one during summer.