What are some ubermensch characters in literature?

What are some ubermensch characters in literature?

Other urls found in this thread:

confero.ep.liu.se/issues/2016/v4/i1/160111/confero16v4i1_160111.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

all of them with the right reading.

Pippi Longstocking is my favourite
Here's an essay about it.
confero.ep.liu.se/issues/2016/v4/i1/160111/confero16v4i1_160111.pdf

Antony and Cleopatra. I wrote a paper about this in college. They create a "new heaven, new earth." They shape the morals of their antecedents.

try

notes from underground
white nights
the sorrows of young werther

stephen dedalus

Said by Nietzsche himself, Byron's Manfred.

wtf i read an essay about pippi longstocking being an übbermensch like five yearsago

p sure werther is a cuck tho

( but then i'm only halfway through the book so let's see)

Conan the barbarian

Stavrogin from Demons

I'm not sure about literature, but some of the historical figures he admired include Napoleon, Caesar and Frederick the Great.

James Orin Incandenza

Cormac Mcarthy's antagonists

Unsure if trolling but Raskolnikov is pretty much Dostoevsky's criticism of the ubermensch

The main character of my diary desu.

Your point being? The fact he is an example is how the criticism functions

If you read OPs question VERY carefully it asks for books containing ubermensch characters not criticisms of the idea

you dumb nigger, the fact that C&P is a criticism does not make Raskolnikov less of an ubermensch character

Ok m8

Can I just say it's cool that you've read some of Dostoevsky's books and that you recommend his books whenever you can

It signals to everyone that you really know what you're talking about when it comes to literature ya know?

Have you read 1984 by George Orwell? I think you'll really enjoy it

Please refrain from posting here in the future, this is your first and only warning

getting so butthurt over a lost argument is really funny, friend, but i'm not even the person who recommended dosto in this thread. i think you should just stick to reddit, at least there it's easier to track who calls you a dumb nigger.

being a cuck is very ubermensch. it is the highest, most intelligent fetish

This isn't even wrong

>mfw it's true

William Stoner

Mina Harker is the uberwomansch.

Conan the Barbarian, any hero mythology, captain Ahab, Judge Holden, the Dune protagonists, the guy from the stranger. I especially enjoy the big guy stereotype.

Was Bane an Ubermensch?

yeop

Those are just thugs. Hitler, Muhammad, Napoleon, Alexander and such were actual übermensch.

>Raskolnikov
The post you replied to didn't mention Crime and Punishment.

Buck from Call of the Wild

>Whole existence revolves around revenge

Lol, nope.

Raoul Duke and Dr. Gonzo, Siddartha, Snowball, Lenny

>Lenny
He hid the pup he killed under some straw. He was bound by petty morality

He only realises at the very end though

Every protagonist in Jules Vernes' books.

might have chosen that morality for himself, mightn't he

Ahab.

Jay Gatsby. I think he is an example of a born übermensch that has not become self aware yet. Also, Avril Incandenza. She claims her own values. She is described as having obsessive compulsive disorder and being overwhelming. It sounds like she feels a lot of guilt when she makes a mistake but tries to bring everything back into alignment. Pippa Lee from The Private Lives of Pippa Lee (I've only watched the movie so my assessment is based on that). Luna from Harry Potter. I could give you a ton of examples from non-literature. For example, Rorschach from Watchmen (again I've only seen the movie).

Andy Warhol in the Philosophy of Andy Warhol. I say 'character' because his public persona was largely a fictional invention.

> that image.

LOL @ the idea that Nietzsche denied the importance of love.

Care to explain?
Also with extremely detailed examples, preferably from the living life?
Pretty please?

* literally Superman
* something from Ayn Rand
ubermensch is a dead end btw, literarily and otherwise
at best it's a step toward something more (see esp. )

Jay Gatsby is a literal beta.

Stannis Baratheon, in my opinion.

Raskolnikov

Julien Sorel

Isn't Sorel too much the rebellious, idealist bourgeois youth? Nietzsche praised the psychological insight of Stendhal's narrators, not the characters.

>notes from underground

literally how

Tyler Durden

Cross De Lena

Jesus

Buddha

Zoroaster aka Zarathustra

Oda Nobunaga

Aslan

Aegon Targaryen

each of them slaves to their ambition, and so too failed because of it

The Uberhund.

For you

>Rorschach from Watchmen
Rorschach is based off the Question who was originally an Objectivist. He retains some of his übermensch qualities but without any regards to his life.
A übermensch would find his morals to be worthy of praise while an Objectivist would call him an insane person who had a blue gun pointed to his forehead and didn't care if he died.

There is nothing übermensch about Rorschach. He died like a dog for spooks.

From the Bible:
Joshua (the most ubermensch possible)
Jacob
David
Jesus

I just thought Rorschach seemed like a sanguine character. I was going by feeling. If you look at the actual actions of the characters in these fictions they obviously don't behave right.

Rorschach owned his spooks and died for them like a man. He got the last laugh as well because his findings were published at the end. He stood for what he believed as an expression of himself and effected a change around him, in the end he broke rather than bend in the face of a higher power like the others, even ozy. I may be biased because I'm a watchmen fanboy.

No he wasn't and he admitted it. The murderer in the Brothers Karamazov was.

He was not an ubermensch though. He says something like "I thought I was a Napoleon, but I'm not" because he agonizes over murdering a lousy woman that nobody liked.

>friendzoned
>fulfilling someone else's destiny with open arms
>probably a pedophile
>crippled
nope, he was not

Chigurh?
>Kills at will
>Is superior to everybody
>Stronk
>Smort
>Above all men

Henry Miller in Tropic of Cancer

Lives according to his own set of values and morals and constantly affirms life at every turn, embracing whatever situation he's been put into.

One Punch Man

The Steppenwolf from Hesse.

>Rorschach owned his spooks and died for them like a man.
Bullshit, he died like a dog. Holding down the barrel of the gun to his forehead and screaming to shoot doesn't make him a man at all, much less a übermensch. Had he really fucking cared about his spooks, he would have just lied and accepted to not tell anyone then revealed everything.

Obviously, this didn't happen because it's better narratively for Rorschach to get killed at the end rather then tell the world himself, but whatever, he still died for nothing. Just another body on the pile.

>effected a change around him
The point was that his heroism did nothing to actually change the world. The only reason he went to stop Ozy was because he and night owl thought that Ozy was the mastermind leading the world into a world war. They thought that world politics could be solved by simply punching someone.

I personally have a bone to pick with Rorschach because he's clearly based on the Question but lacks the one fundamental principle that makes him an Objectivist or a übermensch; the love of his own life. It's explained in the plot so meh, but he threw away his dual personality of being a person dressing up as a superhero and just became his persona entirely after that missing girl case. In his hierarchy of value, his life had no meaning. This is why he didn't care if he died at the end. He let spooks overtake the highest human value of survival.

This is more to contrast with Batman that he would work better if he simply threw away his Bruce Wayne persona and just became Batman entirely. Some stories try to have their cake and eat it but Watchmen shows this archtype to the extreme. It's the reason why Rorschach asking for questions is more realistic and brutal. Batman would possibly make you fall off a building but you'd be unharmed. He would never kill you. Rorschach would break every bone in your body even if you didn't know anything.

Raskolnikov doesn't fit his own definition of the übermensch.

Martin Fierro

gest killed or injured, gets fucked constantly by some soldier, WORKS FOR SOMEONE

Stop trying to bridge being passive with intelligence.
Being a cuckold only denotes passiveness.

>Siddartha
>Ubermensch

Would an Ubermensch really make sense of the world by denying time exists whilst watching a river flow through time?

there has never been an ubermensch, even in fiction

protag of my diary desu

>someone who trusted and served God
>someone who trusted and served God
>someone who got horny but ultimately trusted and served God, including writing a great many Psalms to that effect
>someone who considered equality with God as something not to be taken for granted but who instead emptied himself, taking on the form of a servant
>ubermenschen

Lelling
Extra
Loud

But seriously you want to look at someone like Nebuchadnezzar or King Saul

Meursault

He made/found his own truth, did what he wanted but with a simple gesture he could show a man all existence and meaning just because he felt like it. I don't think it gets much more uber than enlightenment.

ooh som jag skrattar

Joshua commanded God you dumbass
Jacob literally wrestled an angel to the ground to insure his prosperity
David is lesser
Jesus served out of recreation

Nietzsche acknowledged that Jesus had some qualities of an Übermensch though. He also called him the only real Christian.

This is an interesting point. What do you mean by, "slaves to their ambitions"?

Nietzsche only called Jesus the only real Christian because no one could share his same ideology.

Satan in Paradise Lost

Satan is such a joke when you notice all his well spoken sophistry is full of resentment towards god. And all you can do is smugly pity him with a smirk and a crackling laugh.
I like to think that the only reason God lets Satan fuck with his creation is to let him wallow in his own misery.

>Aslan
He was literally God, the Christian God. How does that fit ubermensch?

Jesus was an ubermensch

OF COURSH