Make nice beverage

>make nice beverage
>add gross textured balls to it
What's the deal with this?

Bubble tea isn't the first drink to try this shit.

Bubble tea predates Orbitz by at least 10 years. Try again.

Any respectful bubble tea place has multiple options like coffee jelly or whatever instead

All of which are weird textured objects.

Bubble tea was the trigger I needed at my most vulnerable to stop and reassess my situation. If it wasn't for bubble tea being complete trash I might have become a fucking weeaboo.

>weeaboo
>boba tea is Taiwanese

Asians like weird textures...

How to spot a weeaboo

Wait, are you meant to drink the bubbles instead of just let them stay at the bottom?

You can just ask them to not add the balls

>Lychee jelly

that shit was disgusting.

SOMEBODY SURE IS A WEE A BOO

the balls are a choking hazard

It's called using your teeth

This man knows what's up.

>Not loving sweet yam balls in your dessert drink
Almost as pointless complaining about ice cream toppings.

>anything east of gibraltar
>not weeaboo

They are baby froggos

Jelly textures are associated with jellyfish by Asians, which was historically an expensive food.
We westerners just associate it with Jello, which is cheap.

God, that FUCKING SHIT. I had it once as a kid and I can still taste that garbage after all these years.

Hate tapioca, but maybe with coconut or lychee jelly? I haven't tried it in many years.

Is that why 90% of Jap food is slimy shit?

You're confusing slimy with gelatinous.

Asians in general love gelatinous food like chewy bits of cartilage. That's why they are willing to spend crazy money on swallow's nest, bear's paws, sea cucumber, etc. Those have that chewy gelatinous sort of texture which is highly prized. It's a lot more common in Chinese cooking than it is in Japanese.

For me, it was listening to Pink Floyd. The japs will never produce music half as good.

i so know. i even remember why i had it and where.
i was coming in late to school and i had to go to second period which was science. it's funny when you're disappointed by clever marketing so much that it makes you remember how something sucks.
on the other hand perhaps it's the fact of the coincidence that we were learning about colloidal suspension that day?
it sucked regardless.

Love me some tapioca pearls.
It's just a preference thing, I like texture in drinks like orange juice with pulp and aloe drinks with bits of aloe (delicious, fresh crunch). Boba is great, I love the chewiness of it, it reminds me of mochi

I always thought they were small chocolate kisses and the flat ends of the chocolates always landed facing outwards

>extract 4-5 black pearls into mouth with straw
>use straw in mouth to aim in user's shirt then blow the black pearl out 1 by 1

>works at the most expensive mall in my province
>only thing I eat for lunch/dinner is bubble tea, pepperoni sticks

So is the drink actually any good ? Or does it taste like complete shit

Driving around while nailing stop signs and cars with a boba/bubble tea blowgun is bliss.

>So is the drink actually any good ? Or does it taste like complete shit
Have you never tried Thai tea? Dankest shit alive.
In California we call it boba

They're pretty good. I like taro and coconut milk teas. Thai tea is great too but you can make that at home with a cheap store bought mix.

>used to work at a pizza shop
>next to a boba shop
>tfw we would trade pizzas for boba teas on the regular

Though I should say it also depends on the shop. Some places water drinks down or make them way too sweet.

Lychee is great. The various flavors of popping bobas are great too.

Taro flavor is great just like you, user.

Good taste.

This kills le pepe

If you like Pink Floyd you should check out some of Boris' stuff. Fantastic Japanese band that play multiple genres from doom metal to psych rock to pop, the lead guitar is very influenced by Pink Floyd in a lot of songs.

this banishes pepe to the shadow realm

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
>balls
>choking hazard
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

My local place doesn't offer lychee jelly anymore for some reason and it fucking sucks.

thanks user

It's completely understandable that the slimy texture is enough to put someone off, but let me tell you, they're so much better when they're like that. I've had bubble tea where the balls are dry and hard and they were fucking nasty.

You're just looking in the wrong places.

>not carefully sucking up the delicious liquid then using the 6" diameter straw to launch the gelatin balls a quarter mile

i tried making this once and it was awful. are the balls supposed to add something to the experience?

It's a dessert drink. You eat them while drinking. It's like a basic halo-halo.

>are the balls supposed to add something to the experience?

Some people enjoy their taste, and of course the texture of chewing on them. Remember that kind of chewy texture is super popular in Asia.

From personal experience it can be hard to get the texture of the balls right. It's common for them to be overcooked and slimy, or undercooked with a hard "core" in each ball.

Of course you can always make or order it without the tapioca balls. Or you can get alternate "sinkers". Various kinds of jelly cut into small pieces are common. Some are herbal, tea flavored, fruit flavored, etc. Some places use pieces of fruit, etc.

I've never had this, the only place close to me that sells it is usually packed full of teens whenever I walk past. I assume it's just an incredibly sweet, sickly sort of substance that I wouldn't have much interest in.

This looks horrible.

Yeah but it tastes great.

Drink is often the best part, people add boba to give it a little more texture and make it feel like the drink lasts longer.