How do I stop browsing the internet everytime I read Veeky Forums? post your strats

how do I stop browsing the internet everytime I read Veeky Forums? post your strats

You must give up the internet.

It is like quitting cigarettes, isn't it?

What the fuck do you even do without it besides read?

Anyone else feel a weird sense of loneliness without Veeky Forums? I don't exactly consider myself not-alone here. I'm not out with friends you know? However if I close the browser and go work on something I imagine it in like a third person view of me doing that thing and I just look like a lonely fuck.

That's life.

Yeah I suppose. I'm weird in that I'm not entirely sure I want friends too. All my interests are individual and I don't want my happiness to be contingent. I want to be okay with being alone.

You have those threads where you have to pick like 5 things and live in a prison for 5 years but you get a million dollars. Extend that to a life with and without the internet and how would you perceive your loneliness differently?

Me personally?
I have a dumb job. That takes up entirely too much of my life.

I do live alone, but being anonymous here I terribly lonely. I felt better with the name.
But yeah, better still once I left. IRL friends re best obviously.

I'm good being alone, but I do want/need some friend time. Hard to find people with similar interests and mentality.

There's being introverted and engaging in your own interests and there's being socially isolated. For most of my life I knew what the former felt like and it wasn't so bad, unfortunately over the past year I've come to know the latter and there's no denying it does things to your mental health that extend beyond what you may expect.

Yeah I'm probably socially isolated. It's weird only really wanting to be around people every so often. That and I don't like the feeling of dependency but I'm human. So is the best bet just to hang out every now and then? Have a smaller but closer knit friend group? What do you guys do? What are your thoughts on what is best or how this should be approached?

Also to go back to OP set a timer on how long you'll shitpost and alternate back and forth. That or ween yourself off that way. Tell yourself you'll go a day without internet. Then three. Then a week. You could still use it for important shit but acknowledge the fire you are playing with

What's the job?

Maybe you're different than I am but as someone who used to have a really close group of friends and now hasn't had a conversation in over half a year let me tell you: cherish whatever close friends you have, even if you only have one it makes all the difference.
Social isolation extends farther than simple loneliness after you've had it for long enough, your speaking ability wanes, you sense of time evaporates, reality feels fake, and gradually lose all your feelings.

Do you feel like you have more freedom and time to do things or does the loneliness absorb your energy?
What happened to your friend group? My friends and I used to walk around everywhere and we stumbled on a 300 foot quarry once. However I don't talk to one anymore and I'm likely going to lose the other. If I do my only hope is making new friends if I ever decide to turn my life around.

This time I've spent alone actually made me think a lot about what freedom really means. I realized that even if you're not bound by any official system or personal entities you're not necessarily free.

Freedom to me now means the ability to do what I wish to do, which sounds very intuitive, but when you're "free" of school or employment, but don't have anywhere to go to, or anyone to go with, even though you could step out of your house at any time you don't because you have zero reason to, and not only does your house and mind become prison, but reality itself does when all the internal and external events and circumstances that happened in your existence have lead to your incarceration.

As for my group of friends, it's hard to tell. I've thought a lot about what might have lead to us drifting apart but eventually concluded that the specific events don't matter, especially when they don't think about me at all it's too pathetic for me to still think about them alone in my house when we haven't spoken for months and will probably never see each other again.

There was also an anime pic that would appear in feels threads with this quote I think. So you're NEET now? Any plans on making new friends? It seems you've had enough of being alone.

That or probably the manga from the same guy

We'll just have to see. I'm under special circumstances for the next several months until I can enlist.
Going for a minimum wage job seems kind of moot as I don't really need the money and I'm gonna have a rough time in the army anyway, so I've decided I should try to focus on educating myself in a way I won't be able to in the foreseeable future by reading books, watching films, and really just absorbing all influential works I can find.
Though even that focus doesn't really negate the feeling of purposelessness, as someone here aptly said "literature isn't mental weight lifting" and they're right and I'm glad that they are, but it also means the murkiness of my daily life continues.

So now my impetus to act as in getting a job or something along those lines is the raw meaning actions brings to life that only NEETs can understand and the hope of gaining new friends in that job like you've said, but having a minimum wage job as my perfect fantasy for happiness is what it sounds like to me: a fantasy, which just further demotivates me.

And then I have these really far-reaching fantasies sometimes, for example of making some sort of film in these months I have: I'd write a script, scrap up money for equipment, and get people to act it out and make some friends in the process. These thoughts are just all around debilitating because they get me so involved I'm almost day-dreaming before crashing down to the floor of these same four walls again. So right now I'd rather continue floating than take flight.

I wish you the best of luck there. Making a film isn't too high a fantasy lol. I sometimes daydream about studying immortality or something. If you have something you actually want to do that's more than some of the worst of us on this website. Would you like directing?

dont know which one of you guys to reply to so ill just post it

i think the key to, or atleast my key to, being successfully introverted is to still engage in a social life, but to try to keep it limited to ones interests.

im in college and live alone in an apartment, but i go to my aikido dojo three times a week and recently applied to be an editor of a literary publication. sorry this came out as a blog post, but keeping myself to these social engagements allows me to focus on my own interests without killing myself.

Thanks for the insight user. I used to do karate and my have a discount laying around here somewhere. Probably just gonna stretch and start lifting again

I don't do the third person thing but everything else is me.

This is legit advice:
I play in an amateur orchestra and take modern Greek class, and while not "social", I refrain from killing myself

Do you think Sisyphus could be happy?

Have you ever done physical shit for an entire day?

m8 i did hard labor 40 hours a week this summer and let me tell you that shit is for the birds.

I did brick laying and similar before, got me fit and left enough mental capacity to contemplate on all my favorite aspie stuff during.

Considering going blue collar atm and live life on the outside as fit normie and go wild with my intellectual pursuits after work.

Gf, family, fame and glory no thanks.

r8

This more or less. I'm quite happy at the moment and also quite introverted. If I'm alone for too long, I sink into the depths of my mind and become sad. I just end up thinking too much and disconnect from reality. On the other hand, if I spend too much time around other people, I get exhausted because I can never think clearly and contemplate like I am when I'm alone. You need a balance of both.

I consider my friends as 'reality anchors'. Without them I just drown myself in the fantasies of my mind and get lost. You don't necessarily need to share interests, you can just take turns. One weekend, you try his interests, the other weekend, he tries yours. Hopefully you eventually find something you both enjoy equally. As long as there is mutual respect, it works out fine for me.