Redpill me on Fernet, is it really as revolting as people make it out to be?

Redpill me on Fernet, is it really as revolting as people make it out to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZFKtAa7Ok
imbibemagazine.com/fernet-swizzle/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

How would you best describe it?

Its good to drink a shot of it after a nice big italian meal .

Or mix it with coke argentinian style

Imo its fucking good

It manages to taste bitter and sweet at the same time. Somewhere between Jagermeister and medicinal herbs. Here it's considered a old person drink

Only ever blacked out one time in my life, and it was drinking Fernet. I like it, but it's a lot more alcoholic than it tastes.

I love this shit.
Everyone I get to try it hates it.
It goes really well after eating a big heavy meal. Also really good for hangovers. Expensive as fuck tho.

>Fernet is made from a number of herbs and spices which vary according to the brand, but usually include myrrh, rhubarb, chamomile, cardamom, aloe, and especially saffron

That's a lot of different and conflicting tastes, I've never had it but it sounds disgusting

Tastes litke drinking a really minty plant.
Very strong earthy flavor with some mint. I like to think of it more of a medicine. Great to cure an upset stomach or hangover.

it's really strong, if you like straight whisky you should have no problem with it

Fernet-Branca =/= Branca-Menta

>Or mix it with coke argentinian style
That actually sounds kind of good. I shouldn't do it infront of an Italian I'd imagine. Also, what's the fernet/coke ratio?

The neat thing I know about it is that if you ever see someone order a shot of Fernet at a bar, it's likely that they're a bartender or a former bartender.

Italians make this too, however it's not so popular (argies drinks way more fernet than italians). I don't know the ratio.

Or a hipster who thinks it's cool. Seriously I've seen so many people start drinking this shit lately.

You have Batman to thank for that
youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZFKtAa7Ok

>Or mix it with coke argentinian style
THIS! with a bit of lime.....so fuckin good

>redpill me

fuck off

fernet has a mexican cousin, which is in many respects easier to get on with
whereas branca to me has cola notes, vallet has more coffee notes and its more balanced bitter-wise

It tastes like herbal listerine.
It CAN taste good in the hands of a decent bartender.
imbibemagazine.com/fernet-swizzle/
This cocktail is delicious. May not seem like a lot of Fernet, but it definitely shines through and is complemented by the rest of the ingredients.

Fernet is fucking amazing, earthy goodness. A little does go a long way.

90(coke)/10(Fernet) to 70/30

it is

Tastes like my grandma medicine for rabies. But i love it with coke and ice, Very good drink to take with you for party, you can leave it unatended and nobody will touch it.

18 fernet 82 coke. I'm from Argentina.

Lol Ameribabbies

I'm french, jackass. Litterally no one aside from old drunkards drink this shit. Stop pretending you're sophisticated because you drink disgusting stuff with fancy names and ingredients.

i like the bitter taste.

>Somewhere between Jagermeister and medicinal herbs. Here it's considered a old person drink

Funny, so was Jagermeister until marketing got a hold of it.

>Litterally no one aside from old drunkards drink this shit

It's a thing among chefs and foodies.

Not in France it ain't

El 1882 es una mugre, kpo

Isn't that true of pastis, too? Whenever I read a novel set in france, the old men are always drinking pastis.

>Claims to be French
>Yet is totally unfamiliar with the concept of a real digestif

Okay Amerilard.

It is, but many young people drink it as well, especially in the south
Un digestif pour moi c'est une vielle poire ou un cognac, pas ta merde aux herbes de provence. Mais vu que tu dois pas parler francais, suce ma bite enculé d'étranger

Forse in Francia il concetto di ordinare un digestivo per il suo aiuto nella digestione è sconosciuta, ma in Italia questo è il motivo per il Fernet rimane popolare.