If a black hole is a singularity, how can we have large and small black holes...

If a black hole is a singularity, how can we have large and small black holes? You can't have an infinitely small and massive object that is larger than another infinitely small and massive object

Other urls found in this thread:

physics.stackexchange.com/questions/75619/are-black-holes-really-singularities
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>physics.stackexchange.com/questions/75619/are-black-holes-really-singularities

has a good explanation. Basically, black holes aren't singularities throughout, but they have a singularity at the center.

Singularities are infinitely dense, not infinitely massive

your infinitely dense

Rood

Checked

Check em

The radius of the event horizon is dependent on the black hole's mass. I can't be arsed to look up the Schwarzchild radius equation, but it describes the relationship quite clearly if you want to learn more.

Interesting fact: The name Schwarzchild is German for "black shield."

Kek confirms that singularities aren't real

>I believe what Hitler says, and ignore what he does
>wtf I love Trump too

He killed jews who are the most greedy disgusting capitalists now. I fail to see your point.

>your
you're
>dense
yeah.

It's an easy one to remember. Take the equation for escape velocity of a planet and set it equal to c. This isn't a proper way of deriving it, but it makes intuitive sense (light can't escape a BH).

The mass isn't fininite; There is only so much that has been absorbed by it

I'd put my singularity in her black hole, if you know what I mean

When a star explodes and forms a black hole by being at or above a critical mass, the event horizon forms at the center, grows outward and breaks through the star's surface just as the star collapses into a singularity.

The size of the black hole is the radius of the event horizon. It depends on how massive the star was which was responsible for the black hole.

Also black holes get bigger the more mass they absorb.

this
you can't squish atoms together, only infinitely decrease the space between them

The singularities might be the same size, but they don't have to have the same mass. A more massive singularity will have a greater gravity well and a bigger event horizon, which makes it look bigger in total.

Heh heh heh kek lol lulz... Umm.. no. Explain it to us, junior.

>literal cosmic irises capable of observation turn that which they observe into "things" or "stuff" and our portraits are only as good as those
wrong question right subject senpai

>You can't have an infinitely small

Singularities are not infinitely small, they have a diameter that is directly proportionate to their total entropy.

I like cute freckled bitches...mmmmm Irish carrot colored pussy :D

What if there's a benis instead :DD

What the FUCK is wrong with that woman's skin?!

Heavily photoshopped freckles

Nah, freckles actually get like that sometimes.

HOLY FRECKLES

Summerboy: The post

>black holes get bigger the more mass they absorb
that's because they are spherical masses with a surface just like any other. The mass doesn't disappear when it is gravitationally pulled past the E.H.