How do you feel knowing James Franco is more literate than you?

How do you feel knowing James Franco is more literate than you? vice.com/read/my-book-list-while-i-prepare-for-the-oral-exams-861

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Broken_Tower_(film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wow a whole article literally dedicated to just namedropping some books

brilliant, vice proves once again they're on the cutting edge of journalism

>Vice
>James Franco

sounds a lot like he's, dare I say it, our guy

Cliff Sargent>James Franco

looks like the kind of middlebrow horseshit that would only impress other pseuds

he is more of a pseud than i am

I get that it is fashionable to hate on Franco for being a pseud (which is justified), but I think it's cool that he is promoting an interest in literature, even if it is for narcissistic reasons.

With that said, this article is terrible. He just masturbates for a few paragraphs and then devolves in to listing books. This is really pathetic.

Franco directed a movie based on a book my uncle wrote
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Broken_Tower_(film)
It ended up being pretentious garbage

What did your uncle think?

Your uncle is the poet named Paul Mariani? Interesting.

I'm not close to him so I never asked
yeah he's bretty good

>I'm not close to him
Damage control, we'll find you

Leave him alone or I will call the police Veeky Forums is supposed to be the safe space of Veeky Forums and you are making many of us feel uncomfortable we are a haven for intellectuals and intelligent people unlike /b/ or /a/ or /pol/ so leave us alone and exist our board because if you try to dox any of us but especially him I will involve the authorities.

That just means his dentist has great taste in literature.

But in reality you can tell from his list of american authors he likes how much of a pleb he is.

It's mostly a few big name guys while forgetting many many important players in the lit scene.

Also wheres all the european books m8.

>we'll find you
This is Veeky Forums we arent gonna do shit to this nice boy

I have read 25 of those. Most were good. He might be able to keep up in a conversation with my friends and I.

Reads all these good books and yet manages to write like a fucking 7th grader in Palo Alto. How?

>james franco's taste in lit is milquetoast and boring compared to mine
>but my life is in the toilet and he is still james franco

it's a conflicted sort of feel.

The same way Veeky Forums does it. By having no discernible talent.

Very entry level for the most part. Huh.

No, just coping to make you feel less miserable

>Ask Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg if, between jokes on The Interview, I was reading ... Ask them ... Ask my dresser, friend, and artist David Page if I wasn’t reading every minute backstage on Broadway. Ask Wim Wenders if I wasn’t reading every free second in Montreal.

Same rhetoric used by Trump kek

Franco is a cunt

you sound just as miserable ya denial addled dingus.

Wtf? This is a troll right? You're gonna call the cyber police?

>all shit American novelists

Literally the only authors worth reading there are Melville and Faulkner. And if you still want to be narrowly parochial, where are poets like Whitman and Stevens?

Poe is not worth reading?

lol this
interesting take on his situation, but hes a fucking idiot, regardless
edge 5000

>european books

Well, I passed my oral exams ages ago and got my doctorate five years ago, so I'm not terribly impressed. Also, Franco is so annoying I can hardly watch or listen to him. His Ginsberg was horribly wrong. But hey, if it makes people pick up a few more books...

i take cbt. it's mostly full of losers with no friends but the one thing that makes sense out of it all is the uniqueness and loneliness of the human experience, i.e. learning not to compare yourself to others.

Lol no, he's highschool-tier shit,

>Ask me if I give a shit what James Franco's friends will tell me he was reading if I ask them what he was reading.

Honestly, his list is OK, and there are some decent books on it, but there isn't a single challenging work there. I am not impressed.