So do anything at all happens here? 100 pages and is just some boring academic love triangle

So do anything at all happens here? 100 pages and is just some boring academic love triangle

nope. stop reading it and stop making these treads.

you cant force me

How about finishing the damn book and then figure it out.

i dont want to read other 900 pages of that shit

then don't

>Veeky Forums - Literature

its a book you f*cking sperg

The Hans Reiter part is really good, the parts aren't really that much connected story wise so you could just read that one if you want

If you haven't read Savage Detectives already you probably should, it's vastly superior to 2666 and I'd say his best novel

terrible advice

The book pulls everything together at the end for something amazing.

Read it if you want

y?

Part of what makes Hans Reiter part so good is that it is the last part and you already have a collective image of all the previous parts which are necessary to truly understand Reiter part. It's kind of the culmination of the "all the ways leading to Santa Teresa" thing that's going on for the whole the book. I believe it doesn't really make sense to read that part without, amongst other things, having all the background on Haas that the previous parts offer. Every part in the book is necessary for the other parts to work, even if it may not look like it, and I think that's what makes the book great.

Indeed, deplorable. And, for that matter, 2666>SD.

savage detectives was the only good bolano novel

I honestly wish the entire book was just the academic love triangle. Those first 100 pages were magical. Unfortunately it drops off and doesn't pick up again until the end.

2666 was better though

disgusting lol

this

also this

plen

it was comfy but it gets elevated when put into the greater context.

It's a satire on academics and their obsessions. Go with it and enjoy it, once they get to Santa Theresa it starts to pick up.

The love triangle is resolved when the woman pics the guy in the wheel chair & they don't find the author, then it switches to a professor in mexico who thinks his daughter may get murdered & it turns out she's heavily involved with the gangsters who maybe involved in some of the murders, then there's a bit about a journalist & a possible german suspect, then there's a section about the rapes & murders, which are never satisfactorily solved. The final section follows a german dude & it turns out he's the mysterious author & his nephew is the possible murder suspect from the earlier bit. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

Oh wow a satire. Those are always so good :)

>Not enjoying when they beat the paki cab driver in London

>he forgets about when they beat the shit out of the cab driver
>nothing about the professor dressing up a girl like a teddy bear and fucking her
>forgetting when Archimboldi peeps in on the hung general
>nothing about Robert Rodriguez's cinematic sex tape

I was actually going to mention the cab driver bit, but I didn't want to make it too long so it would be too late before he realised what he was reading.

The cab beating was hilarious "this is for Salman Rushdie!"

We should also mention the german soldiers watching the Countess getting fucked by the generals giant cock through the castle secret passage & time travel section where they visit the future mar colony.

There's so many memorable moments.
One of my favourites has to be when that Romanian general gets crucified

Every day I try to tell myself that the people on Veeky Forums are more intelligent than those that post about Orwell and Adams non-stop on r/literature, but I see these threads and I know that's not true and that I'm even more idiotic than this OP for continuing to come back here day in and day out.

Kill yourself. Bolano accent over n is fucking trash

Point out which posts are stupid. But be warned, if one of them are mine, I won't be happy.

Other than that post (and this one)

>It's a satire
what makes you say this?

Hans meeting that guy in the library as a kid was pretty cool too, and his relationship with that one girl was cute

There are a lot of good satires tho

he's a pseud projecting his own insecurities onto the book

Portraying something is actually making fun of it, didn't you know?

no

>nothing about the professor dressing up a girl like a teddy bear and fucking her
I don't remember this