Do you consider humanities to be as valuable as sciences?

Do you consider humanities to be as valuable as sciences?

>brainwashing classroom filled with exclusively white women

It is because things like this that I think if we just genocided white women we would cure racism, sexism and any kind of discrimination that exists in the universe.

Even the lecturer is a white woman. Holy fuck.

Humanitarian here

not even a little

The humanities might have the potential to be as useful, but I think what is commonly done as "humanities" is mostly pointless.

No, you could be learning humanities without paying 10k+ dollars, instead of that you should just get a library card for free/5 bucks/month

Like god damn it, universities should only be for STEM and Business and politics desu

Why are they showing memes in an academic setting, mhm?

It's very valuable for indoctrinating gullible youths to become activists for your pet ideology while having the people pay you for it.

50 year old regressive trying to be hip and cool to influence the 18 year old future regressives.

Sad, very sad, like when your grandmother tries to call something 'cool'.

Learning it from who? Who writes the books that you'll read to teach yourself?

absolutely not
philosophy is interesting but hardly useful
every other humanity is neither interesting nor useful, in fact some of them are actually anti-useful

>Learning it from who?
Yourself if you were that interested in humanities
>Who writes the books that you'll read to teach yourself?
You got me there, but most people in humanities aren't that deeply interested in it and eventually drop out sooner or later, though.
If they ever finish, they won't get their PhD and write some books though. Everyone will use the same books over and over again.
This

>classroom full of rich white girls on their Macbooks get to gleefully nod and stroke their oppression boner as the teacher displays slides deriding white men

Tear it all down

This is what really gets me. What happened to the left? CLASS PRIVILEGE IS THE ONLY PRIVILEGE.

And it was good that way because then economic reform was based on real facts. Facts such as the poor are fucking dying on the streets, so we better tax our citizens and give them healthcare.

Now if these people had their way it would be white rich women are not getting all the jobs, so lets tax men to fund freebies for women.

We need a new left.

I miss the humanitarian liberal of the 1800s and early 1900s. Do you?

Everyone does. Back then the left was strong. Nowadays I don't see a leftist politician winning an election ever again. Because now their politics is not about helping the poor, it is about helping the blacks and the women. Fucking governmented mandated "female quotas".

Imagine if instead it were "poor quotas". You need to have at least 10% of your staff be people born in poverty so that they can increase their social status.

That would be fucking amazing.

But nope, female quotas. Black quotas. Oh, is that black guy a graduate from Harvard which he paid with daddy's billion dollar bank account? AFFIRMATIVE STILL APPLIES. LETS HELP THE PRIVILEGED.

Just end me now. I wish I could just smash my head and suddenly turn right wing so that I could be hopeful for the future because Trump already happened, for a good reason, and every election in the next years being held in europe and america is going to be won by the right wing.

Goodbye abortios. rip

>CLASS PRIVILEGE IS THE ONLY PRIVILEGE.
This. The rich elite managed to evolve and fool people into thinking they were the workers' friends and the defenders of the oppressed. And it seems to have worked, everyone is thinking about identity politics instead of class politics. I can only hope that this alt-right reaction can create this new left that we need, but I'm not optimistic.

Exactly, I hate it so much.

Every time some asshole left wing politician passes a law allowing for more immigration, specially for the middle east, I WISH they would take all those immigrants and settle them in housing next to the rich. Next to the political class. Next to the upper middle class.

If we had those immigrants living right next to those assholes you would see how fast their "progressive values", their "compassion" and their "tolerance" fades the fuck out and turns into a mass genocide of brown people.

But no, let them pass and settle them all next to our native poor population. So that they get fucked harder. So that their competition is bigger in the job market. So that when these also poor immigrants come and are forced to commit minor crimes in order to survive, the ones paying the price of those crimes be the poor of our nation.

If fucking only the next terrorist attack was in a rich neighbourhood. Oh fuck. I wish. I hope that ISIS is planning a big attack and that they do it in a upper middle class / rich neighbourhood so that we see all that tolerance turn to hatred and mass incarceration.

Not as -sciences-, no.

They're valuable as fields, but unfortunately they're the easiest to poison, as you can see.

>this thread

Actual, rigorous humanities (English, Philosophy, History, Geography, methodologically sound Sociology) are as valuable as science, if not more, since they form the basis of civilisations.

History is particularly vital.

The only useful area of humanities that I can think of would be linguistics, everything is pretty much a sham

History, geography. If /pol/sters open a single (serious) book about either of those subjects they wouldn't be /pol/sters.

I thought science required critical spirit.

>history
>not cucked by the revisionists
History is about as factual as the one who teaches history.
In case you have been living under a rock it is quite fictitious.
But I do love how you included the (serious) so you can dismiss anything said against your post with an argument of "no you have to read SERIOUS books" and (serious) books falling under a strict definition of your choosing.
I learned a long time ago when you read "because" in a history book that the following statements will be false.
You dare to mention being critical in the same posts as history just makes me lose my faith in humanity and thus the humanities :^)

BTFO

>if not more
Don't go there. Don't be retarded and try to compare them, unless you have an actual metric for doing so.

Just make your argument that they are valuable and stop there.

kek

We got new right wing government here and they concentrated their effort on revising the history books now to show that Poland is more stronk and on cutting down on anything STEM related and instead adding more humanities.

Reasonable center with leaning is the best place for science and faggots caring too much about their ideology are only gonna shit on it. Thankfully no one elects full retard leftish now and the worst thing that happens is that Academia likes leaning more to the left than right which means that the government should forcefully stop it and dump their own propaganda down children's throats.

t. has never read anything about history and historiographical methodology.
History is extremely serious and very strict about what can be said and what cannot be said. It uses primes sources, cites and usually uses a very logical and scientific reasoning.

History is not political. It's politics who are part of history and can be analysed.
Yes, what the Nazis did was real, was horrible and should be remembered as such. Same thing with the communist gulags.
Yes, Karl Marx analysis comes from an accurate understanding of the economic conditions of his period and from very harsh treatments towards workers. However, its predictions were wrong in many ways.

>and (serious) books falling under a strict definition of your choosing
Any book from a known editor, or any book whose author has a major in history. Even then, when you read history you must be critical about it.

Not every comparison needs to have a metric. Physics tells you how a build a nuclear bomb. History tells you why you should not build too much of them.

I was speaking in respect to first world nations and not former Communist states. Poland's impact to academia is literally zero. I certainly don't care that North Korean schools teach their students that North Korea is the best country in the world and they are super powerful and rich because it is irrelevant to the greater community, just like Poland.

>history isn't political
The naivety of that statement made me lol in my office, thanks

>The naivety of that statement made me lol in my office, thanks
Well, I actually studied it. History itself is not political, however it can always be used. I don't like people saying "bruh human sciences are useless because of bias", because there's as much bias in exact sciences, like Lysenko.

>I studied it
I can tell, because only someone who has gone through the regressive brainwashing can honestly believe the ridiculous things you are saying lmao
Also
>what the nazi did was real
Remember the six garzillion user

Warp your ideology in memes and meme your ideology away
Not an argument

But it's the exactly same with other nations on the verge of electing some retarded right wing parties because they think the left did something wrong not realizing you're walking yourself into an even bigger shit. It's like punishing assholes by choosing to be ruled by worse assholes. But oh they seem more honest about their ideas! But they said nation first!

Academia won't stop leaning left because those are the people the academia concentrates just about everywhere. To get rid of it you would pretty much need to actually make effort putting people there only due to their political leaning.

some things are useful, some things are obviously brainwashing. you have to learn how to distinguish, and some topics will teach you how

I don't think the OP asked about studying humanities as a career, did he?

philosophy/sociology/history books
there are a shitload of people writing these books, that doesn't mean you have to make a career off them

>CLASS PRIVILEGE IS THE ONLY PRIVILEGE.

>What happened to the left?
these people are no leftists.

>Academia won't stop leaning left
It might also be because reality tends to have a leftist bias.
As in, climate change is real, races do exist but are not a useful classification, and intellectually there are only few differences between man and woman. Also, colonisation did ruin much of Africa and Latin America.

not really
they either do nothing
or memorize useless shit you can find on wikipedia, connecting bits in between by using common sense at around a 10 year old's level
it's practically stuff anyone can pick up in their free time

talk to us about philosophy of science
pretty sure you can learn about that in a few minutes
right?

The philosophy of science as far as academia is concerned; anything that goes against the narrative is dismissed as "problematic" and often those involved face negative repercussions like budget cuts and dismissal from positions.

yeah i could but it's useless so i'm not gonna

Again, intelligence is very different and much harder to measure than weight and height. Apples and oranges.

And you have to go back.

>hand 50 randomly selected men and 50 randomly selected women a standardized IQ test
>men perform better
>impossible to measureee!1!!!

just keep throwing buzzwords at me, surely that will work

ironic that even scientists reject philosophy because "it's useless"... while it's something that you are supposed to learn, because, well, it's something you are supposed to put in practice for the rest of your life

>IQ
lmao

Also
> 50 randomly selected men and 50 randomly selected women
That's a shitty sample

pubmed source for that?

>even scientists reject philosophy because "it's useless"
/polsci/ are not really that much of scientists

you are right, not sure why I'm arguing with these tards

white people have no right to complain about life.
you're tall, born in first world nations, not risk of starvation or crime, be considered the prettiest race of all, the tallest of all, the top at the genetic hierarchy.

You have no right to complain, because you won the genetic lottery.

If you're poor and white, it's your fault most of the time or it will be extremelly easier for a white male to succeed compared to other races because of his superior IQ and creativity, even while asians have bigger IQ they have less creativity.

You were born in the most OP and easy to play race on earth.

You're simply too entitled to see how lucky you were, you have not a right to complain.

Even if you're poor, women of all races will prefer a children with you, because you won the genetic lotery and is at the top of the male hierarchy.

Also, even if you're poor, you will still live a safe and secure life, unlike blacks.

Also, you were born in first world country, pretty safe and making the most money compared to us.

Literally even, if you're among the poorest family in your country, you still have it much better than 99% of the rest of humans.

You have not right to complain, your literal only concern in life are internet crusades trying to elect some meme president or caring about videogame journalism, what a joke of entitled lifes.

What was the time you were concerned about not getting stab by visiting your city?
What was the last time you can't dress fancy clothes because you could be killed for that?

You faggots are playing life in easy modo, yet complain about videogames and politics of other countries.

Seriously faggots, you have not right to complain about nothing.
And you will call me a faggot, because you're so entitled to a first world white life you will never understand the problem, because you're white.

Most scientists learn ACTUAL philosophy
Like Plato, Socrates, Aristotle, Marcus Aurelius, and other ACTUAL philosophers.
Not the marxists universities self proclaimed champions of philosophical notions such has "one race!!"
Kill yourself, I cannot wait to drag all these regressive lunatics out from their tenured positions by their necks and crucify them in the streets

>classroom full of rich white girls on their Macbooks get to gleefully nod and stroke my oppressing boner as the teacher displays slides of her riding white men
ftfy

Nice try white /pol/ cuckboi, your day of reckoning is coming. Think about all your pathetic racemates cheering us on our onslaught against your slaver race while you're fapping to our BBCs humiliating your "pure" women that crave actual men.

Plato was advocating, among other things, gender equality.
Aristotle said "one swallow does not a summer make". Likewise, one gene making white and blacks different does not make the races themselves different.
I don't know much about Marc Aurelius, so you've got that one.

>Not the marxists universities self proclaimed champions of philosophical notions
>Claims to be a philosopher
>Rejects anything he doesn't consider "proper" philosophy due to unchallenged preconceived notions
>Even people like Kant are probably Marxist to him
Top kek

Don't waste your time, man. They're probably freshmen or highschoolers.