How to prevent bread from becoming tough/chewy/stiff/rubbery?

How to prevent bread from becoming tough/chewy/stiff/rubbery?
It can lie in the store a whole day in the open and still be "fresh".
But at home it gets nearly inedible overnight.

Do people really buy bread from stores? Just make it yourself,r if you're really that lazy get a small portion from a proper bakery that you can finish in one day.

Most stores in Sweden have bakerys inside them.

Most people are helpless. Stop being bothered by it and enjoy being better than everyone you know.

Fuck off, you insufferable cunt. Yes. People buy bread at stores abd bakeries, that's why they exist. Not everyone has a proper oven or the time to bake bread. That's like saying "do people really buy ice cream at stores? Just make your own" You could use this snobby retard logic on any number of things.

And don't really want to drive 5 miles everyday just to get bread.
Baking myself doesn't solve the issue of how to keep bread fresh without putting it in the freezer and RUIN IT.

>being five miles from the nearest bakery
Try moving to civilization, or at least just baking your own bread in small quantities that you don't need to fuck around with to deal with staleness.

Or if you truly are that lazy and worthless, just, oh, I don't know, use the stale bread for recipes that call for it like french toast.

Looks like someone is alone and sad on Valentine's day.

I have my waifu, I don't need some money grubbing whore.

Then what's with all the irrational hostility?

There's a small store 2.5 miles away, but it only has a machine "bakery". And no proper made sweet CIABATTA.

If you do end up getting a proper oven or even a mini one, you can always make the bread then pre freeze the dough. That's what bigger brands and bakeries use. Premade frozen dough. (I worked in a few bakeries through university)

Then make your own.

I'm just being helpful.

You seem to have a huge ship on your shoulder.

That would probably crush me.

You realize most humans in history didn't bake their own bread, right? It was the job of bakers or the keeper of the house.

plastic zip lock and sour dough means it will be fresh for a week or more

This has got to be the most extreme example of this Veeky Forums "just make it yourself" snobbish shitposting logic.

Bread is literally like one of the most cliche grocery store purchases since forever dude. Bread, mlik, and eggs. What the fuck are you even asking, "do people really buy bread in stores?"

Like what fantasy world do you live in?

>This has got to be the most extreme example of this Veeky Forums "just make it yourself" snobbish shitposting logic.

Why? You act like baking bread is some kind of super complicated, time consuming thing. It's not. It's easy. It's so easy in fact that uneducated peasants have been doing it for thousands of years.

Ten minutes of kneading is quite a lot of work, and is always going to take more work to clean the surface. Bread is dirt cheap to buy, and the cost is smaller than the invested effort for most people whose amateur efforts will not produce anything substantially more enjoyable than supermarket bread.

This should be obvious to you.

This other poster is seriously acting like they're shocked that one of the most basic human staples is purchased in stores.

It's being willfully ignorant to make yourself feel superior or "patrician" or some other hopelessly solipsistic shit.

I'm all for making things yourself, but I can't take you seriously if you're gonna act like it's surprising that people buy BREAD in stores.

>Ten minutes of kneading is quite a lot of work

It's no work at all. I toss the dough in the kitchenaid mixer. It kneads while I do dishes. When it's done I stick the mixer bowl and the dough hook in the dishwasher.

>>Bread is dirt cheap to buy
But the dirt cheap bread sucks.

>> whose amateur efforts will not produce anything substantially more enjoyable than supermarket bread.

Anything is better than supermarket bread. I've had several roomates who decided to try to bake their own bread. Every single one of them managed to kick the shit out of supermarket bread on their very first try.

I'll say again: you seem to think that making bread is somehow difficult or requires special skill. It doesn't. It's trivially simple to do much better than normal supermarket bread.

>but I can't take you seriously if you're gonna act like it's surprising that people buy BREAD in stores.

I'm not the person who made that original claim, but is it really so hard to understand that not everyone is used to big American supermarkets?

For example, I grew up in Denmark. In the 1980's there was no such thing as supermarket bread. It didn't exist. You either baked bread yourself at home, or you went to a dedicated baker. Those were your two options.

Of course it didn't take long before supermarket bread was available. But I can easily see how someone who didn't grow up with mom buying wonderbread from Wal-mart would instead be used to bread being baked at home.

>Bread is cheaper
>Just use this $600 mixer

For baguettes, I usually preheat my oven at 350 °F and boil around a liter a of water in an electric kettle while the oven is getting warm. When the oven's ready, take your boiling water and put it in an oven-safe dish/pan and put it in the oven along with your baguette. Then, you can turn off the oven and let the baguette in there for 3-4 minutes of more. Keep in mind that it may make a "thicker" crust (i.e. overcooking the bread around 2mm under the crust), but you'll get that moisture right back inside your beloved piece of bread. It also works better for reheating frozen baguettes, but keep the temperature of the oven at 250-300 to prevent thicker crust forming (you may have to leave the baguette in there for 8-10 minutes, so you better not cook it at the same rate it is thawing/heating up).

Buying bread from a "dedicated baker" is still buying bread in stores, user.

No idea why you're trying to defend this.

I paid $20 for it at a yard sale. It paid for itself within a month.

Heck, even if you bought an expensive one it would pay for itself quickly given how much you can use it for....bread, cake batter, whipped cream, pasta, ground meat for burgers, sausage...

>this thread