Greentext the plot of your new novel

It's not like it's going anywhere

Other urls found in this thread:

pred-ed.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>small boy walking through philly in a howard beale like fugue state
>finds his way to the liberty bell (idek where it is)
>mends the crack. doesn't fill it, literally just erases it, defying entropy
>???

>son of an aristocratic russian family is introduced to society
>all the characters he meets will be his inspirations growing up
>they all turn out to be bad influnces in different ways
>deluded by everyone he leave to join the fight against a terrorist organization
>in his time as a soldier he finally managed to mature and becomes a man
>dies stepping on a mine

>2053
>Cyborg police detectives become a thing
>Girl cyborg detective investigating a murder
>Unveils a massive government coverup instead that leads her to question her belief system and the very nature of her existence

>Slice of life, otherwise uninteresting, that exemplifies the human condition

It better have fuckin amazing prose my man

>Girl is a drug addict
>Dies.

>people living in idyllic community
>some are the masters
>they look like normal people and live forever
>other people are somewhat doglike w piebald coloration, etc.
>they do not live forever
>they are bread for different purposes
>strong for labor, aggressive for security, tiny little miniature people for pets, intelligent but loyal for performing complex tasks
>these mortals serve the immortals
>the immortals are relatively limited in number and serve different leadership roles in society, kind of like a pantheon of gods
>protagonist is one bred for doing engineering work.
>intelligent but has problems with discipline
>repeatedly gets into trouble and fights, and is considered a candidate for "therapy"
>his physical appearance is unlike any other mortal
>jet black skin, whit spot on forehead
>He is sent to do some task at the home of one of the immortals, the Epicurator
>Epicurator is in charge of planning the sensual delights for the other immortal masters
>His home is filled with odalisques -- basically mortals who have been bred to provide pleasure
>While working there, protagonist encounters a female with a similar appearance to himself
>Pursues her out of curiosity
>This infuriates Epicurator who demands that protagonist be punished
>protagonist is sent for therapy
>therapy involves neutering him
>just before he gets snipped, the procedure is cancelled
>he is told to report to the head Eugenicist
>Immortal in charge of the breeding of the mortals
>Makes protagonist his apprentice.
>explains to him the breeding program by which the mortals are selectively bred for certain physical and behavioral traits
(Russia fox breeding experiments)
>protagonist continues to be curious about the odalisque he saw who resembles him
>gradually learns more of the history of the world...

That sounds genuinely awful. Probably overwritten with 80K more words than it needs too, judging by your post length.

Part 2
>sometime in the past scientists accidentally created a nanotechnological virus
inb4
>that causes immortality
>it's a sexually transmitted disease
>once people are infected, the virus is incurable
>once you have it, you live forever
>can't die from old age, disease, violence, nothing
>If you get a disease, you may suffer the symptoms but you won't die
>even if you head gets cut off, you'll keep living
>gradually the world descended into chaos
>people wanting immortality would do anything to be infected
>people raping other people in the streets to get the disease
>babies born with congenital immortality
>earth's population balloons because there is no turnover
>nobody dying
>resources consumed at accelerating rate
>whole world is becoming india
>a group of infected elites -- billionaires, scientists, politicians -- decided to leave earth behind to live in a space station with a small group of uninfected humans
>They set up their new home
>rules are that no one is allowed to infect any of the infected mortals
>only mortals can breed with mortals
>that is one most important law of the new society
>so that the disease won't spread
>over thousands of years, generations of mortals live and die while the immortal overlords live forever
>institute a system of selective breeding to create specialized mortal humans
>protagonist learns all this
>learns that he and his fellow mortals are basically domesticated humans...

Part 3
>But the protagonist is immune to the disease
>that's why he looks different, etc.
>after thousands of years of boredom and wanting to die, chief eugenicist decided to try to find cure for immortality
>through breeding program developed a genetic strain that is immune to the disease
>He had accomplished this once prevously
>with the help of another scientist
>a female that he was in love with
>he ended up getting cucked by his own creation
>the female scientist fucked the immune mortal
>she was banished from the society for breaking the law of fucking a mortal
>banished meaning sent back to earth
>the immune mortal was just killed
>some of the immortals who want to continue living forever covered the whole thing up.
>the chief eugenicist wants revenge because they banished the woman he was in love with (even though she cucked him)
>So he continued attempting to breed immune mortals in the hopes of finding a cure
>when it is discovered that the protagonist and sex slave are both immune, they have to flee for their lives
>the escape back to earth...

>earth has been through millenia of unchecked population growth
>everyone on earth is immortal because they all have the disease
>but their standard of living is horrible
>large portions of the planet are covered in super-dense cities
>like Kowloon walled city but worse
>these massive cities are seas of human flesh
>mangled dismembered body parts that cant die and have just piled up and fused together
>a sea of arms and mouths and eyeballs squirming and covered in excrement, blood, and bile
>if you fall in you just get churned up and become part of the sea
>the protagonist has to try to find the banished scientist
>she has some knowledge for finding a cure to immortality
>but his genetic code provides the missing piece she needs

intrestin....

>set in a contemporary affluent predominantly white suburb
>follows a group of children from their entrance into middle school to their graduation from high school
>charts their blossoming bond and eventual disintegration
>organic character study subsumes notion of actual plot

a shallow outline. coming never to a bookstore near you

>an extreme anal fetishist tries to convince his lover to get a colostomy so his ass can become entrance-only

looking for commentary/feedback on this. it's a rough idea and i am already in the process of writing a different book, but lately i have been wanting to turn my attention to this

>in the future with space colonies
>living in space colonies caused a lot of mental illness for the first generation, second generation seems fine
>first generation develop psychological coping methods like spending a required hour in zero gravity and communal viewings of the earth from the colony windows, the second generation thinks this is really dumb
>a group of second generation friends leaves their space colony to go on a vacation
>they go past the allowed boundaries, stumble upon an abandoned colony, they go inside
>one of them accidentally turns out the lockdown system for the colony, so they can't leave
>spend a few das exploring the colony since they're stuck
>they find a supercomputer AI
>AI is only willing to talk to one of the friends, they go speak in private
>when the friend comes back to the group, hey are changed and start acting really weird, isolate themselves from the group
>eventually the AI lets them out of the colony
>friend that spoke to the ai finaly tells the group that there is a second group of colonists living on generation ships that nobody knows about in the colonies
>they set out to try and establish contact with one of the generationships

Agreed. It sounds terrible and each successive post is worse than the last. Like an autistic version of that one Sean Connery movie.

>opie kills hisself
I'm going to win a Nobel for it.

Ghost in the Shell isn't your new novel

>Colony on a garden world still recovering from devastating civil war
>Next generation finds themselves on the brink a new war
>different parties attempt to stop coming war
>no one realizes violence is a cycle and inevitable
>war reduces an entire generation into battle hardened lunatics for the second time
>the cycle continues

OP here, I've been making these threads for awhile (I'm usually the one posting scantily clad chinks). I'm noticing there seems to be a trend of sci-fi and human condition type plots in these threads. Can someone explain?

>mandatory state enforced black cocks in white holes
>one rebellious gaijin

>aristocratic russian family
>join the fight against a terrorist organization
Are you autistic?

>20 year old orphan boy is super smart
>works as a janitor at MIT though
>is actually super smart but held back because he's afraid of his potential and leaving his pack of friends whom are all idiots and belligerent douchebags
>finishes super hard math question on a board in the hallway
>a professor finds out and tracks him down
>matt damon gets in trouble and now has to do math for the professor so he can stay out of jail
>shows the professor some badass math skills and gets with a girl he's afraid to commit to
>has to do therapy as well though
>all therapists fail to get to him except for some bearded fuck
>mathlete and bearded fuck become friends
>bearded fuck consoles with him and realizes that it's not his fault he doesn't have parents

the end

Keep your shit ideas out of my city.

I'm writing a story for /pol/

>Soldier from another world where hitler won the war comes through to our world and has romance with a female protag.
>He is kind of futuristic in some ways and impressed by our tech in others. His world isn't bad at all but he likes ours too.
>eventually he learns enough about our world to point out how much we lie to ourselves and how bad our world is.
>protag gf shoots him before he can make a change to set our world straight (basically, to the way it is in his world where the nazis won)

thoughts?

the life of a trans woman to suicide

The last remaining chapters are when all hope is gone all characters left from her life and all she can see is the despair that came with the mistakes that will be a monument to her life as a boy who was confused

So she goes and lies about being someone else entirely, to some anonymous underage girl over skype. She lives a life as a woman she dreamed she could, a real woman. With a relationship, plans, a degree. Everything she wanted to aim for but missed. And each day alone she crafts the story of a woman she'll never know, the empty longing for both her mother daughter like relationship with this friend grows, and the longing to metamorphose into the person she dreams. They fall in love, they masturbate together, they feel like pieces of a whole.

Except it ends in suicide.

And the young girl never speaks to the woman she loved again.

A bit pinnochio-esque.

i feel like i already read it

>Guy kills his wife and her friends
>Goes on the Run
>Comes back and his wife is still alive
>He is overjoyed and repentant
>Over time she begins to annoy him again
>Is Driven to rage and hatred
>Guy kills wife and her friends

It's supposed to be a dark comedy Magic/realism thing. I can post the first bit if anyone's interested.

Sounds interesting, please post

>anime becomes illegal
>western governments start executing anime users to cleanse society
>every obama's daughter secretly likes anime and leads the underground resistance
>sonic hedgehog vs the flash
>soul of onii-chan in reanimated body of kimbo slice
>society is torn apart and all that's left are a clan of shamanistic survivalists led by joe rogan who are now the only ones fighting the otaku nerds who have taken over all major popultion centres and sexually enslaved all 3d girls
>tentacle rape god summoned
>eventually aliens come and sort everything out

'Thank fuck!' Michael thought. 'Thank the fucking lord'. He'd been at this Party, an event he didn't want to attend, for close to six hours now. His wife (who he hated) had pleaded, sulked and goaded until he contemplated killing her and then himself for the fifth time that month.

That was usually an indication for him that he'd better dial back his emotions and submit to her will.

He'd just dialed them back to ten though. He had eleven up his sleeve, the control he had over the power to really frighten and offend his esteemed guests is what gave him the strength to sit and listen to they cyclical sharing of verbal fecal matter.

But now was the time to escalate, now he was going to turn it up to eleven. His mum had always told him when he embarrassed himself in public (an almost daily occurrence in childhood) that he needn't worry, that he'd never see these people again. Well now nobody would ever see these people again, they'd be gone, kaput! They would be physically unable to talk shit about him behind his back if he fucked up again, their judgemental glances would be completely overshadowed by that of death.

His temper never left him, not really. However the inverse of his mothers statement seeped into his psyche; he could never really relax around people he was forced to see again and again, over and over at the behest of sexual partners, dominating friends, work colleagues.

He spent his whole life suppressing the urge to do something crazy; to should expletives in the cinema, to brain the woman from accounts who talked incessantly about her ugly cabbage patch doll kids. Many a company meal was spent with him quietly eyeing up the hotplates his over priced food was served on and wondering if the fat on her face would bubble if he struck her with it, or if he'd have to hold it in place.

But Michael never did anything because that's what he does. He's an anti-person, a person without will. His stream of consciousness, his every hope, dream and ambition was on the tip of his tongue. He'd feel passion, rage, indignation like you or I but he'd keep it to himself, he'd make futile efforts to re-distribute it. He'd pound the street jogging until physical exertion overwhelmed emotional pain, he'd get into arguments in shops about minutiae, he'd cry sometimes for no reason but that wasn't much to worry about, he'd read a book on his last holiday that said that crying was good for your emotions.

It never really gave him any catharsis but he'd assumed that crying was, like everything else, something one needs to practice. Maybe it's tiered, like meditation, maybe if he cried frequently enough it would clear his physical static. Michael hated crying though because it embarrassed him so it's unlikely he'd ever get very good at it.

He felt like crying now though, he wanted to cry. He wanted to sit at the table and weep. For the first time in a long time Michael held the keys to his spirit and he was going to open it. But not yet. He was still enjoying the control. Eyes slowly moving round the table like I spotlight, politely nodding to his wife, her repulsive friends and the histrionic queen with a laugh that could melt lead.

They all looked the same to him. The conversation was almost identical to the one they'd had the last time they'd met. And the time before and the time before. They were all wearing more or less the same clothes, they ordered the same drinks and similar food. They all whooped and cheered when the teriyaki hotplate was brought out like they'd never seen food being cooked before. Michael knew they had because they'd come to this shit, overpriced fusion restaurant over seven times in the past year.

Michael hated Fusion cuisine because he felt that if you merge cultures you lose the essential essence of the flavour. There's something metaphysical about each cuisine, a whisper of spirit from the country of it's inception. When you combined, both cultures become one and the same, they become poor imitations of each other and they cancel each other out, they become spiritually void.

He'd expressed this to his wife on multiple occasions but she'd rolled her eyes like he was a petulant child. He'd taken it because that's what he's always done, he's always just taken it on the chin. Tried to be a stoic like Marcus Aurelius, whilst being treated with the respect of a beggar. He'd rationalized that having this conflict would make his ability to remain stoic stronger, that letting the slow trickle from the poisonous river of invalidation just wash over him would allow him to become some kind of ubermensch. Aurealius incarnate, invulnerable to the petty judgements of man.

It hadn't. It had left him weak and afraid. Alone, surrounded by people. He wasn't even allowed to cry. He didn't allow himself to cry because being mocked was more frightening to him than denying his own catharsis.

But he was going to cry now. So he did. He cried like a cartoon character, like a beau waving goodbye to her war bound fiance. He had only really seen crying in the movies so he tried to imitate that. 'Goodbye my love!' he shouted. 'Goodbye! Write me, will you? Write me when you get there! I will wait for you! Keep your locket by your heart, it will keep you safe!' he had made himself laugh, sitting there laughing and crying. All eyes on him.

His wife gave him a hushed warning; 'go to the toilet and sort yourself or I'm leaving. You are embarrassing me'

This only stimulated his emotional ejaculation, he began so holler and whoop, shouting torrents of abuse at every pudgy faced cunt sitting at the table

Everything brought him joy, every previous source of shame was inverted, every titter , every 'sir I think you should leave' projected him further into a frenzy

And then he fell silent, calm. Placid.

His thoughts turned inwards and he thought of his premonition. He fantasied a lot because he was a fucking loser but this one had come to him out of the blue.

His esteemed guests were putting on their coats to leave, furtively looking for social shaming directed at them.

'You're all going to die tonight' Michael said calmly.

They stopped briefly to glare at him then they unloaded their emotions on him; cursing, shouting, swearing.

It was Glorious! An evening of catharsis!

But Michael was tired and he wanted to go home. So he picked up a hotplate to test out a theory. He wept and wept and wept. The conversation stopped.

All eyes on him. All eyes on Michael.

His wife muttered something in his ear about embarrassing himself and he started to laugh.

He started to laugh and laugh, laugh like he'd never laughed before.

He felt pure ecstasy, a torrent of positive and negative energy flowed out him like a puncture in CERN.

Sobbing and laughing in a restaurant full of disapproving faces, he began to think of the revelation he'd had earlier. His premonition.

This made him laugh harder, he was howling! Howling like an animal with tears streaming down his face.
I'm a psychiatric nurse so I'm really interested in the mistakes people make over and over again in relationships. Thought I could do a dark, magic realism groundhog day sort of thing. Thoughts?

I really like the idea. But you're doing a lot more of telling than showing. You should be describing the party/Michael's actions and letting the reader draw assumptions about his psychology and thoughts rather than just describing his thoughts. Would make for a much better read.

Ah cool, thanks for the feedback. This was more a rough draft to kind of get a clear picture of Michael in my own head, how he'd react to certain situations etc.

You're completely right though, I just read it back and I don't have any sense of the party or the guests. Will have to have a look at it again and try and be a bit more subtle.

For sure man. Good luck with it, I'd love to see it develop

This sounds like it'd do better as a short story

>tomboy starts attending a new boarding school
>always wears signet ring given to her by a prince
>aspires to become a prince herself; acts boyish, wears the boys' uniform
>the members of the school's student council all wear identical signet rings
>they engage in sword duels with the winner gaining "possession" of a young woman, the "rose bride"
>In the first chapter the protagonist will

Not going to waste 40 minutes typing out the entire plot. Patricians see where it's going.

This is so awful I actually want to read a sample.

I am not a native english speaker btw and I am not writing it in english.

>young married couple digs hole in back garden for swimming pool.
>the day before buying it, a burglar breaks in, they kill him, and use that whole to bury him.
>the novel is about A) how they get rid of the body B) how they deal with the murdered burglar being on the news constantly as a disappeared person, with his mother crying on talk shows about her missing son.

Forget a novel, I'm such a failure even my short story is going nowhere. Here's the plot of that:

>kid lives in suburbia with demanding and controlling parents
>can't connect with other kids and only finds solace in his room with the comfort of games and books and solitude
>looks out his window at some kids riding bikes down the street and is struck with a feeling of helplessness
>years later he finds himself in a similar situation in a one person apartment
>no prospects, smart guy but can't socialize with anybody, shit job
>peeks through his blinds at some kids playing basketball and has a sense of deja vu

Oh wow! The human condition guys! its not like that's an incredibly broad concept that most literature tackles anyway as well as other more focused issues.

fuck, replied to the wrong person

>time and space is collapsing
>history is folding over itself
> everything is mixed up
>Dude realizes it's caused by a singularity in time.
>people are communicating freely throughout time
>He's going through out time, killing dudes who are causing it
>realizes it's him
>universe ends with this knowledge

Why wouldn't they just tell the police they killed a burglar?

Nice autobiography loser

white privilege alert

>horny demon sneaks into a convent and fucks a bunch of nuns

Who's this fluid druid?

because it is a third world country with a legal system very different from that of the USA, with no common law, juries, or states with different criminal laws.

you are allowed to kill in self defense, but proving that it was self defense is very hard (you can only kill when you are under attack, feeling threatened is not enough), if it is decided the criminal intended to escape and you shot him, you go to jail.

many people who kill criminals go to jail, or are detained and face long trials, while becoming news channel celebrities "the carpenter who shot the thief in xxx city will testify next monday..."

And the possibility of revenge by criminal friends of the dead burglar, or even the family, exists.
Most people who go through something like that, end up having to move to another neighbourhood or city because they fear that revenge.
Or they move because they find out the criminal lived in a shanty town 10 blocks from their house, and you could meet their family-criminal friends in the supermarket.

the situation is very unfair for the protagonists, they did nothing wrong but they are fucked.

The only people dumb enough to post their ideas are the ones who come up with shit like that.

ah...thanks for that wordy and very uninteresting explanation and description of your shit smelling country's legal system. You could have just edited it down to the very first sentence.

I have a vaguely similar idea that I have a full draft of now.

>low fantasy as fuck
>no magic
>except for two characters i have deliberately given the most OP powers that are to always be avoided
>one has complete mastery over space (as in straight up physics mastery)
>the other has complete mastery over time
>neither one can get an edge on the other because they're both effectively omnipotent and neither can break reality harder than the other
>one can't win because they can't break the laws of reality
>the other can't win because if they do, it just gets immediately retconned
>entire nations tiptoe as gently as they can around these two so they don't get completely obliterated by accident in the eternal quest to fuck the other over
>our heroes are trying to find a way to depower these two without either catching on to their very existence
>because one will just obliterate them with a thought
>the other will reverse time to track them down and then effectively kill them with disintegration by time
The idea is to try and take some of fiction's biggest no-nos and show that, yes, it can be done. Because that's always fun to do.

This. These threads are really just a breeding ground for people to steal the ideas of those stupid enough to post them.

>mentally retarded meter-maid living in providence rhode island
>thinks aliens control her thoughts
>thinks the world is going to end in thirteen days
>detailed family history of ancestors all with intricate stories
>world actually ends
>aliens are real

Mines a play

>emasculated community college archeology professor fakes a dig site and an ancient culture in order to win the respect of his young daughter

Kinda cheated at the green text format

>it's another Veeky Forums is so convinced they're the next great writer of the generation that they think that everyone is out to steal their ideas episode
Most people generally write about what they want to write, user. You probably think that if you submitted a manuscript for publishing one of their more famous authors would steal it and pass it off as their own.

No one writes thinking they're going to be as famous as they turn out. Not Mark Twain, not Stephen King, not Tolkien, not Martin. Nobody.

Nice try but eat a dick.

>i won't steal your book, goyim, i promise, so just post it :^)

>lonely, conceited stockbroker protagonist
>travels to South Korea for work
>befriends a father-figure type older colleague
>older colleague's cynicism is a bad influence
>falls in love with a sex worker
>thinks she loves him too
>she doesn't, she's just sussed that he's paying for a fantasy
>realisation triggers violent outburst of doubt
>obvious allegory of the relationship between the individual and late capitalism

rip it to pieces please lit

>influenced by cynicism
>falls in love with a hooker
You wot m8?

Change prostitute to colleague or some girl. A heartless prostitute is as boring as a prostitute with a heart of gold. Just a heartless woman is more painful, more real.

is for

There is Cynicism and then theres a plebby version of cynicism that gets cured by pussy and that's what the average joe thinks it is

Not enough detail in the greentext to mention, but it's apparent from when the characters meet each other that they share a kind of half-bitter/half-romanticised worldview, although in the prostitute's case this is her being good at her job and sussing out what appeals to her client.

The point is that the protagonist thinks that it is real, and then realises that he's just been paying for a commodity. That's why the sex worker character works. If the protagonist merely has to go through an abortive affair with a colleague, there's no ambiguity or complexity to it, he would just come across as a petulant spurned partner. That he has been conned - both by the sex worker and his own delusional attitude - provides the novel with what I think is a certain depth.

no makes it boring, makes him dumb m8. you can write a colleague as an exploitative whore as well. makes it more painful, more real. makes man less dumb less boring m8 do it m8. he realises the colleague is nothing but a heartless whore, it's better m8 trust m8

You should've spelled that out more clearly because that can't even be called cynicism anymore. Pessimistic romanticism maybe?

I might be a shit hack writer but I have enough self-respect to not write a basic "femme fatale hurts nice man" story. That's a two dimensional story. I'm not saying that one can't write evil female characters, but there's nothing interesting about them unless one makes the effort to add nuance and ambiguity. I'm not going to write some bullshit r9k story about a nasty bitch screwing over a nice guy just to pander to dudes who blame all their romantic problems on women.

I suppose I'm using the old "behind every cynic is a repressed idealist" trope. The protagonist affects a world-weariness and wry cynicism but is perhaps, under the surface, yearning for something hackneyed and romantic.

>I might be a shit hack writer but I have enough self-respect to not write a basic "femme fatale hurts nice man" story.
that's exactly what it already is tho

Not him, but making her a hooker turns the whole thing into a cartoon. Maybe make her a telemarketer or something?

She's just trying to make money and stay alive. Is her making the best of her situation grounds to call her a femme fatale? I think you're assuming that being a sex worker and wanting to make money from your job is pure evil. I think it's complicated.

I don't agree. One of the reasons I chose Seoul (other than being able to use a hyper-modern setting to create an atmosphere of alienation) is that it's full of sex workers, just like Shanghai or Tokyo. The same with making him a stockbroker - a stockbroker visiting a hooker is a completely realistic (and commonplace) scenario, had I given the protagonist a different job it would seem less plausible, or as you say, like a cartoon.

I like the telemarketer suggestion a lot though. That's very good. For the sake of realism I might make that the hooker character's second job, it's more true-to-life that a hooker would work multiple jobs than be only a call girl.

i thought this took place in korea and the colleague in a late capitalistic system is also trying to make the best of her situation

>I think you're assuming that being a sex worker and wanting to make money from your job is pure evil. I think it's complicated.
what

but since u brought it up m8 in places like seoul where you have other chances you go into prostitution to make more money than you do in other jobs or to make extra money.

I don't know where you work but fucking your colleagues doesn't tend to improve your job prospects, even in brutal places like the financial sector. I said that the protagonist is sent to Seoul on business - screwing a guy who's only there for a business trip won't improve your lot unless he's the CEO. Also, it makes her look more conniving if she is seeking out the prospect of a social-climbing-fuck. I think that that turns her into something of a caricature.

no but screwing a guy who'll be gone and squeezing him for all he's worth would be.

you read all that social climbing into it i didn't suggest that at all m8

You only need to "squeeze a guy for all he's worth" if you're poor. If she's a colleague that seems unlikely. Your views about women seem a little skewed towards them being exploitative bitches...

>>philly
>>city
kek

every single fucking post i made you inferred and assumed a whole bunch of shit. thank fuck i don't know anyone as obnoxious as you in real life m8.

you on the other hand seem deadset on not allowing a character to have any traits at all except "just being". z

>Ulysses S Grant realizes he is extremely wasted after drinking and supposed to be meeting with General E Lee
>Lee is pissed because of Grant's drunkenness, demands Grant give an explanation while Grant tries his damnedest to appear sober
>Basically goes into One Thousand and One Nights mode with Grant recounting exaggerated and magic realism versions of his night out with friends, think of the Kafka story: Description of a Struggle
>By the end Lee is so enthralled that halfway through Grant realizes he has distracted Lee enough to pincer the south and win a surprise victory for the north

>a young boy is forced to work in a detroit car factory
>he figures out that if he wears magnets he can work faster
>quickly moves up the ranks and is promoted to CEO of the company
>what he didn't know was that wearing that many magnets has caused him cancer
>he is around 17 and is dying
>a girl falls in love with him
>then it's basically the fault in our stars but with the cancer girl being a car company CEO

Sounds more like a framework for a good idea than a good idea. It could be good or bad. We need more detail.

As someone working in Asia I can already identify with the feeling behind your idea. I think it could be a good yarn if you write it well and if you're authentic with how pathetic this kind of lifestyle is. What inspired it, user?

I think this is a very interesting concept, and I'd read it for sure.

I've posted my idea in these threads before, but since I'm here might as well shoot again:
>2016, alternate history where Japan is a communist state akin to modern China
>two high school girls, one is in lesbians with the other, who is straight
>straight girl gets a boyfriend, lesbian gets jealous
>lesbian tries to deliberately injure herself so that her friend will pay attention to her
>backfires, straight friend is hit in the head instead, wakes up convinced that this is the wrong history, actively becomes a dissident
>is killed in a protest against the government a few years later
>rest of the novel follows the lesbian through her career as a Party cadre as she deals with the guilt of her youth in increasingly bizarre ways

>unemployed 25 years old guy
>finds a secret enigma
>solved it
>joins a secret enterprise
>with the most advanced technology the enterprise is specialized in advanced security of everything in the planet and milky way,
>before being official, he was submitted to several tests
>the last one was the hardest
>he entered in a empty room
>in the middle of the room was a stretcher
>they told him to lie
>he did it
>1 minute after they told him to stand and leave the room
>a man came to him and told him to go home and not talk to anyone about anything of the company
>when he arrives home, three hooded man tooked him to a van
>they asked about what he had done in that day
>he replied that he had gone in search of employment in a mall
>they forced him to tell the truth
>they pointed a gun to his forehead
>he says the same
>10 hours with the gun pointed to his forehead
>he says the same
>finally they pushed the trigger of the gun
>the guy wakes up in panic in the room
>he was lying in the stretcher
>big machines around him
>"congrats sir, welcome to the enterprise"

To the people worried about their shit getting stolen, go here.

pred-ed.com/

This site will be your friend when it's time to get published.

oh my what?

Don't steal pls. Maybe collaborate? (;

>Autistic guy tries to write a book about an autistic guy who tries to write a book
>Lots of explicit sex scenes.
>A Bernhardesque rant about how awful David Foster Wallace is
>He gives up on his book when he gets kicked out of his parents house.
>He can't afford tendies and starves to death.
>Meets DFW in heaven, they play tennis until the rapture.
>At the end there are several B&W photographs of smashed pies.

David Foster Wallace meets David Foster Wallace

>Obsessed DFW fan genuinely begins to believe he IS DFW, dresses like him, adopts mannerisms similar to him from watching interviews until one day he meets another person who is also obsessed with DFW and doing the same thing as he is....Or is it the real DFW?

>An user makes a long greentext story
>It is screencaps of it go viral
>Eventually it is declared winner of various literary awards
>A nationwide search for the writer goes underway
>A name is eventually produced.
>There is some question if he is the actual poster
>Famous literary figures plot to assassinate him before the Nobel Award ceremony.
>Did they kill him?
>...Maybe...

Hey! This actually sounds a lot like my life!

It's vaguely similar but different enough for both to exist.

i like it but hwat's the exciting, what's the thing? they just try to get contact? do they need contact? do they care? aren't they fine?

are you nerds gearing up for nanowrimo?

>fantasy schlock dealing with easy concepts
>most of the characters are just outlines of the school of philosophy (think magic mountain)
>gnosticism, nihilism, antinomianism, amorality, predestination, ect.

I have a ton of fun writing the fight scenes; hope to get ripped to shreds by a Veeky Forums man soon.

Op might be with one of these stolen ideas. I already have a finished draft that's twice the fAgMoQuEeRmO "winning" length.

user I'll be honest, I saw that coming from the point where they told him to go home.

This could be a really fun light read that isn't entirely plebby if you pull it off well.