Are there any good female metaphysicians...

Are there any good female metaphysicians? Or are they all just focussing on their own in-group like blacks who become "africamerican studies" professors?

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/david-lewis/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>good metaphysicians
lol

>metaphysicans
>not recognizing this the "in-group" of white men

Name a male significant metaphysician in the last 50 years
That's about how long women have had equal opportunity to study for
But to answer your question, Sapho

Simone Weil kinda

why is it a metaphysician and not a metaphysicist?

Heidegger.

karen bennett at cornell

Heidegger stopped doing metaphysics in the 1930s you dip

Your question was ambiguously worded enough that my response was still valid.

>Name a male significant metaphysician in the last 50 years

david lewis (most important metaphysician since leibniz), quine, kripke, armstrong, van inwagen, etc. there are plenty.

Metaphysics is the cancer of the western mind. No other culture that ever existed has been dumb enough to think one could discern the totality of existence by pure thought.

Thanks Plato, you moron fuck.

It's not

>david lewis etc
literally whos. also americans who teach in america can't metaphysics

OP I forgot about Avita Ronnell

>it's not because i'm too much of a child to accept that i'm wrong
okay then

>literally whos

i guess you don't know much about contemporary philosophy but someday you'll catch up

My question wasn't ambiguous. You gave a wrong answer. I don't know what you're so upset about lol. If you want we can try to talk through this and you can explain what you didn't understand - or what was too ambiguous about my rhetorical request (it wasn't a question haha) - or you can call me names, I really don't care either way :)

Please. I can name people you haven't heard of too. That I don't know them says more about them than it does me.

>i refuse to accept i'm at fault but pls stop pointing it out i'm getting mad

typical retard continental. doesn't know anything about dank analytic metaphysics and thus resorts to meaningless insults. maybe broaden your horizons and cease being a little bitch

>That I don't know them says more about them than it does me.

this really isn't true. here is what the stanford encyclopedia says: "David Lewis (1941–2001) was one of the most important philosophers of the 20th Century. He made significant contributions to philosophy of language, philosophy of mathematics, philosophy of science, decision theory, epistemology, meta-ethics and aesthetics. In most of these fields he is essential reading; in many of them he is among the most important figures of recent decades."

lewis is an important and widely-known figure in the field, so the ignorance is really on you. but that's okay. it's healthy to admit ignorance. you shouldn't feel bad that you don't know much about contemporary philosophy; you can always learn about it later.

>mfw you just have reading comprehension problems, hence your genuine confusion and anger
>mfw you'll probably read this as ambiguous too

lol didn't you say he's supposed to be a metaphysician? hahaha fuck man, you just embarrassed yourself

lol stay anally mad analytic bro

>m-maybe if i greentext like him i'll win the argument

>lol didn't you say he's supposed to be a metaphysician? hahaha fuck man, you just embarrassed yourself

i wanted to see if you would check out the article, but as expected you did not. the article continues: "But his largest contributions were in metaphysics." and then goes on to explain those contributions.

(here is the link: plato.stanford.edu/entries/david-lewis/)

oh well, someday you'll learn

haha oh well :^)