Why do women hate David Foster Wallace and Infinite Jest so much?

Why do women hate David Foster Wallace and Infinite Jest so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

nymag.com/thecut/2015/08/david-foster-wallace-beloved-author-of-bros.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hardly a day goes by without hearing some woman expressing their absolute hatred for that fairly insignificant book.

I haven't noticed this phenomenon but they deserve credit for recognizing the lack of discernible talent.

It is sort of a manly book. Sports, a character named Himself, a bunch of brothers. I think DFW deserves his popularity because he writes sympathetically about all of his characters and always creates thick atmosphere (at least for me).

I don't know any women OP

I find it funny too because I write like this because of lack of education. But hey it works.
People appreciating this 'writing style' isn't a bad thing right?

they dont

If they hate it, then it would be some feminist who read it with a feminist POV looking for a strong female character, which there isn't, because Joelle, April, and all of them, are pretty much described as "pretty" or "really tall" and shit. Well, it doesn't help that the only character which has development is Gately, anyways. Neither Hal does, so why would the girls have it?

He was shitty to women. Even tried to push his girlfriend out of a moving car.

the deal is real

this used to be the second thing that came up when you googled DFW

nymag.com/thecut/2015/08/david-foster-wallace-beloved-author-of-bros.html

People who hate bros are the worst kind of people.

Ah yes, it's always incumbent upon men to be non-shitty to women specifically, because of the gynocentric culture in which we live

The writer of that seems like a real winner.

No, actually, masculine culture has been the major force behind denigrating the manhood of men who are aggressive towards women.

women love dfw and ij, they hate the kind of guy that makes a big deal about knowing who df is/showing off a copy of ij/being a general prick about it

what a fugly tranny

so in turn, see that article linked, dfw gets linked with being a "dude thing" and that repels a certain amount of women who would otherwise like ij
personally I didn't want to read it bc the description on the back was heavy on the tennis part and nothing is more boring than sports 2 me, also keeping me from underworld kind of

>nymag.com/thecut/2015/08/david-foster-wallace-beloved-author-of-bros.html

lol at the 115 comments
op, read those and I'm sure there's moron fanboys commenting that will answer your question

Woman love Infinite Jest. It's like indie culture: The book. Just like woman love Starbucks, Barnes and Nobel, and Neutral Milk Hotel. Not sure what you faggots are on about

I hate sports but loved infinite jest. There are not that much tennis parts.

They don't. A lot of them consider it a YA novel along with the works of John Green

the length is offputting for some though

I did read it and now I kind of like tennis :(

>hal
>no development

Fucking what? How can you say that?

Is there a DFW for women?

Mary Karr

John Green

neither of them seemed to tackle to issue of postmodern regression and existentialism in the same way, but I didn't finish reading them.
;/

read Reasons - (Green, 2011) which is close to what Oblivion would be if every story had the punch of Good Old Neon. Then work your way into Paper Towns which a reactionary piece to Infinite Jest.

he never called them back after ravaging their audience pussies

gracias

The majority demographic for that book is women