I want a good old palaeontology thread. Who's got a favourite Dino or some any other prehistoric lifeform...

I want a good old palaeontology thread. Who's got a favourite Dino or some any other prehistoric lifeform, mine is definitely quetzalcoatlus, a huge pterosaur larger then small planes, its head alone was more than 6 feet long. Pic related, it's quetzalcoatlus

Someone reply before I fucking kill myself

Smilodon, they were pretty boss.
Unless, cave paintings and carvings count as history?

i liked jurassic world

Yea they count, I also really liked plateosaurus, they were neato

I see someone's been playing ARK.

Oh i love dinotrux !!!

Like everyone else my favorite reptool is Revit but I'm also a really nice fan of Ankylodumps and Sawmetrodons

DINTRUX LOVE
Now i know we`re all kids here

Hey normie just passing through, I heard once about a dinosaur that was apparently making the transition from carnivore to omnivore. It had long foreclaws and a hard beak, I think. Anyone recognize it? The scientists didn't seem to know what it was about but thinking on it later, I realized the thing was probably eating wood boring insects and went omnivore because it was consuming wood too.

That thing cannot fly

Carolina butcher, an upright walking crocodile, pretty terrifying

You can't fly

Sounds like bs to me. Source?

I cannot disagree with the majestic quetzalcoatlus, certainly one of my favorite dinosaurs, a truly amazing specimen of prehistoric life.

My all time favorite lifeform from these ages is the treelike Prototaxite. A massive fungus-like organism that sprouted in the the soil of the ancient world.

Anomalocaris was a badass.

Idk i learned it in a class, you google it

the Tylosaurus

Glyptodon or GTFO

Ill headbutt your shit m8

I love those ones user, thank you for cheering me up. :)

All of the landmark organisms from my paleontology course stuck with me. Anomalocaris kicks ass. I like Pederpes.

lmao

Sarcosuchus

I could take him.

How Did they get created

Proto-sex

What's the current on how these pussies killed stuff?

I heard somewhere that they were dropping from trees on their victims killing them with that teeth.

CALYPTAULAX MOTHERFUCKING STRASBURGENSIS

Similar thing to modern day lions, et al. Run after then, don't bite them in motion (cause broken sabre) and draw them down with body weight, once down, sabres into throat and choke the cunt out, innit.

bump! with not exactly a dinosaur!

One of my recent favourite paleo fauna is the Postosuchus.

Check this motherfucker out, it looks like a cross between a crocodilian and a theropod.

Dicraeosaurus sattleri

Funny fact, a German guy called Sattler found it and 100 years later they used his name for the cutie π scientist in Jurassic Park

Strasbourg - frankreich (brainlets land)

Pederpes a shit

>dinosaurs

it's named after Strasburg, Virginia, which is where it's known from, you brainlet.

Thylacoleo Carnifex

Archaeopteryx. It's pretty much just a bird.