Would it be practical for a first world nation to go vegan?

Would it be practical for a first world nation to go vegan?
Not counting the taste.

Who the fuck cares? Stop being a busybody and just ENJOY your only chance at life.

>Who the fuck cares
You could say that about every thread on Veeky Forums.
I am asking if it is possible out of curiosity if our modern society can exist without using animal products.

If everybody goes vegan then say goobye to the meat industry (worth billions) and while that means some billioanaires will be driven to ruin (which is good), that would also imply that the millions of middle class and poor workers who do labor for this industry would get absolute fucked, which is terrible. Then they would have to get a job in the new "plant industry" but then that would imply getting new skills they don't have and more competition, given that big plants don't need as much care as big animals.

If the change is slow then probably. The meat industry would be having to decrease production and therefore employment year by year slowly so the workers would have enough time to research their field and find a job without losing too much time, preferably in the new plant industry.

>d-did you just bring class politics into a discussion of veganism?

Yes you fucking white upper middle class privileged scum.I know its cool to pretend not liking meat, shop at Whole Foods and pay for a single potato with 20 dollars to seem cool and hip with your other white hipster friends but the world is not like that, you fuckwit. Go kill yourself and take all the other retarded vegans with you.

>Yes you fucking white upper middle class privileged scum.

Gonna reply to my comments about veganism? Probably not.

Every time I see some vegan political activist talk about their crap, not ONCE have I seen them show calculations about how the growing plant industry could accomodate for the people who would lose their jobs. Not fucking once.

It is like they sweep an entire class under the rug. Who cares about them right? Fuck the middle class. Fuck the poor. The only people that matter are me and my hipster vegan friends.

Meanwhile let me SHAME you. Fucking SHAME you for enjoying meat. YOU FUCKING MEAT EATER. DEATH TO ALL MEAT EATERS.

Fuck you.

I don't really care about veganism but you can't just dismiss any potentially positive change because it will lead to job loss, because pretty much every major change in history has resulted in job loss: the industrial revolution, modern development in agricultural technologies, automation, the internet. Do you lose much sleep over all the people working at newspapers who are losing their jobs because of online news?

>you can't just dismiss any potentially positive change because it will lead to job loss

I can't but here is a special case.

> the industrial revolution, modern development in agricultural technologies, automation, the internet.

You see what these things have in common? They happened naturally. The global market decided what was good and what was bad and then the economy continui.

There was no "Industrialism" political movement. People just invented engines and started using them. No one was campaigning outside saying "YOU MUST INDUSTRIALIZE NOW!".

There was also no political movement for agricultural technologies. Companies simply did research and evolved.

The same for the internet. There was no internetism.

But with veganism it is ONLY a political movement. It is a political movement made by assholes who demand you must eat only plants. And specially, it is a political movement that goes against the interest of 99% of the people in the world and thus I can and will attack it to death.

Political movements are not natural revolutions.

Go back to the fucking dark ages your logic makes no sense

Are you denying that the revolutions you cited were not political?

How so? Show me the powerful move of Internetism that forced us all to use the internet. Oh, yes. I remember when their solders knocked on my door, murdered by fathers and told me to install a modem. Truly sad days.

Lol you were the one who brought veganism to Veeky Forums. Are you retarded?

Is the actual, real retardation? Or is this memes? I cannot tell if this is memes. Please confirm.

The only reason you think it's memes is because you're so fucking stupid you can't think of it from any other perspective

If it isn't memes then it is confirmed retardation. Thanks for replying. Now I know.

>Oh, yes. I remember when their solders knocked on my door, murdered by fathers and told me to Tofu.

You're the only person who thinks this will happen

It is just hyperbole.

Internetism would be a movement full of people campaigning to force other people to use the interget.

Veganism is a group of people campaigning to force other people to not eat meat.

No such as thing as internetism ever happened, which is my point. All the previous chances in the economy that took away jobs did not come from politics, they came from industry. And you cannot really oppose progress.

You can, on the other hand, oppose political movements and I will. Every time I munch on a steak I can feel how it was seasoned with white tears and I love it.

Go back to Starbucks with your hipster friends, fag.

do you normally get this emotional about people who don't eat meat?
thats what, 4 large paragraphs so far?

>thats what, 4 large paragraphs so far?

Yeah, probably 5. I guess my meat enriched brain allows me much more freedom of communication.

Noble warrior!

>There was no "Industrialism" political movement. People just invented engines and started using them. No one was campaigning outside saying "YOU MUST INDUSTRIALIZE NOW!".
>There was also no political movement for agricultural technologies. Companies simply did research and evolved.
>The same for the internet. There was no internetism.

>Intercursus Magnus never happened.

>The enclosures never happened.

>The clearances never happened.

>the Tariff of 1828 never happened.

>DARPA never happened.

Man, that picture is fractal in it's wrongness.

Most of the things you cite are not revolutions. They sound more like opression from the political class and wealthy to the worker.

And DARPA is just a government agency. What? That is not a political movement. Could you explain why you say the opposite?