How many hours do you guys research a week? I barely do anything at 5 hours of week. All majors, undergrad, grad...

How many hours do you guys research a week? I barely do anything at 5 hours of week. All majors, undergrad, grad, industry, or whatever are allowed to post.

t. biochem student

Too long. Demoralizes. 60 maybe?

t. Hopkins phd

Maybe 4-6 hours. CS/Maths double major.

Wow. What do you do? What field?

Medical robotics. The amount of time you lose to things being poorly documented is nauseating, or people stealing all the communal calipers

senior chem student, I try to get in 15+ hours a week during the semester. Over the summers I'm usually at 60

Define "research"
You mean independant studying or conducting actual research in a project?

usually about 6-8 hours a week during the semester,
and then 245 total during the summer

t. biochem undergrad from a small average college

Third-year in biophysics Ph.D. program. Passed candidacy exams last spring.

60 - 80 hrs/wk in total, typically. 50 - 60 hours in the research lab and another 10 - 30 hours of independent study and/or coursework.

>Define "research"
>You mean independant studying or conducting actual research in a project?

This.

Either is fine. I just wanted to see what Veeky Forums users did.

What do you do? I'll just be doing some protein purification this semester. Freshman.

When I was unemployed after my research degree maybe I researched 30 hours a week on my own. Right now I'm primarily teaching so I probably don't do more than 10-15 hours in my spare time each week.

t. One MSc and one babydoc in EE signal processing.

Independent research is the best. Never been as happy in my life as during my early unemployment. No silly social distractions or silly rules or courses you need to follow but just full blown algorithms research.

But sooner or later economic reality catches up and have to find a jaaahb...

Currently nothing. When I did my undergrad thesis, roughly 35-45 hours a week.

Id estimate about 30 hours. Its split between maths, music and reading nonfiction

t. artist

50 hrs a week
But not every minute spent in lab is a minute spent doing research

Umich phd materials

Last semester and over the last summer I did purification, but I just convinced my professor to let me work on a project in fusion proteins, so Im doin that now
(Im a sophmore right now)

I'm 19 years old.

I am handsome, smart, athletic and virile.

I have a novel that is in it's final editing stage, and a creative writing professor at my college has read the first draft and thinks it's saleable.

I have a girlfriend who is confident, articulate, playful and spontaneous.

I have a small group of interesting friends from different social and academic backgrounds, and I also have many other acquaintances who see me as a reliable source of humour and good company.

Both my parents are alive and in good health.

I have no regrets.

I have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.

I am a passionate lover, a sharp thinker, and a trader of witty repartee.

I am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble.

I will live a good life at your expense.

You forgot one.

>I am autistic.

>citation needed.

I research for 2 hours minimum with 14 maximum daily. It depends on the mood and how much time I have.

>handschudden.gif
what the fuck, fucking racist aussie cunts, christ

Confirmerd for never seeing Russell Coight's all aussie adventures

I see most of you faggots don't know the difference between research and studying.

As an undergrad, I used to study 4 hours per week per subject.

As a graduate fellow I researched one major topic for 40 hours per week.

Mol. Bio. Featuring genetics and neurology

No. All of the posters here meant ""RESEARCH"", not studying.

are these even the same person

how do you manage to concentrate for so long?

it's copypasta desu

Is this one of those miller high life commercials?

Can I add on to your resume
> I am autistic on all spectrums

Currently taking zero classes so I research as long as I need to in order to keep my project on track. Because I work in cell bio and the timeframes of various stages and procedures varies, this can be anything from 2 hours to 10 hours a day. On average it's usually just 7 or 8 hours.