Does anybody feel the need for a philosophy board...

Does anybody feel the need for a philosophy board? Every thread about philosophy feels about of place on Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums. And those boards are not really focussed on actual philosophical discussion. Why is there no /phi/ board?

And then make a politics board so we'll get rid of that too!

our japanese moot wants to actually close some boards, not open new unpopular ones, kek

there should be a religion board too

I think it's more urgent that we fracture /tv/ into multiple boards, one for television, one for film, and one for celeb discussion

lol

one for kino, one for flicks

>can't we have philosophy without the books and history?
>every sophomoric phil drop out ever
Veeky Forums is the best place for philosophical discussion because they're the most likely to spot you haven't read shit and don't know what the fuck you're talking about. /b/ is the board for your special snowflake "thoughtS" without reading.

OP here, /tv/ is a mess. Film is my biggest interest and i dont understand why there is no board about it other than /tv/. If fashion and comics get their own board a film one isnt to much to ask for.

/b/ should be doubled, seriously i've often seen more erudite discussions about music, literature, religion, politics etc than can be had on their specific boards. All other boards should be merged in to "not /b/", which could be doubled too to accommodate the extra traffic. It might teach the posters some restraint and concision.

>not /b/
>anything except "anything"
Sniffman would approve.

>Personal philosophical thought = special snowflake "thoughtS"
Thats a pretty retarded way to put it.
Every intelligent person has deep thoughts to some extend, sharing them with like minded people can lead to interesting conversation. But if they are bunch of edgy bigots like you, a /phi/ isnt going to work out.

Man, this really activated my neurons

what makes you think your "deep" thoughts are in any way significant?

there's a reason why all those people drop out. it's because they're edgy egotistical fucks who get very upset when they get refuted or scooped by someone in the 5th C. BC. they're incapable of debate without making it about themselves or their opponent, and that's the lowest hanging fruit of all rhetoric. it's equivalent to "doodoobrain", and normally they're not even well read enough to form interesting insults. those people aren't interested in learning, which is why they bitch about having to read anything, and they really don't want to develop critical thinking especially about their pet propositions, which leaves them open to being shot down by shit from the 5th C. when their pet proposition was famously shot down. personal philosophical thought of any rigour or worth is rare, even with training, and it's frankly arrogant to assume otherwise.

They arent, every thought you have has been thought before. But being significant is never the point. We are minuscule lifeforms living on a floating rock in a endless cosmos. Nothing is significant.

what happend with /phis/???????????????

if we expand significance to that scale, your board idea is roughly equivalent to nuclear war and that time i stuck my gum under my chair, and roughly equivalent to the need for a russian language board entirely about ewoks. it's not an argument which lends weight to your proposition.

Why is OP suddenly labbeled as a dumb philosophy drop out? All he said was that there is no real place for philopsophy on this site and i agree. It doesnt truly fit in on Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums.

OP's reasoning why it wouldn't be any good on Veeky Forums is because the philosophical discussions here usually require you to have done the reading, and it's a reasoning which leads to most of the second year drop outs from philosophy in universities.

there're actually a lot of great threads on philosophy here. even Marx threads will often drive out /pol/ spammers by having actually read Marx, or even just quoting Marx since there's no way you're reading a paragraph of Marx without a very high reading level even if you disagree. making knowing wtf you're talking about a basic requirement to entering debate keeps the level of debate high. having a common source increases intelligibility as well, because you don't have everyone using idiosyncratic terms to mean whatever the hell they felt like today. the reason that pisses off people is because they don't want philosophy, they want someone to hugbox them and tell them they are a genius, even if they're being told that by an idiot who couldn't spot a genius if they tripped over hawking's wheelchair.

This. They are thinking of closing boards, probably Veeky Forums, because they can't afford to maintain the traffic to this site. I really doubt they will make any new boards.

Philosophy works perfectly fine on Veeky Forums
Veeky Forums is garbage-tier tho

The best Veeky Forums ever was was after the creating of Veeky Forums where people took there non-literature threads over there. Occasionally you get a good philosophy thread but it isn't worth the quagmire of absolute shit it brings to the board. A lot of the time it's not even literature related (as in there is not even a mention of a philosopher or a text).

There was a brief period of a month or so where asides from a handful of threads about people being confused about what belongs on what board and people arguing about almost every single thread was about a book or an author and the quality of discourse markedly improved. Then the phil posters learned that Veeky Forums is a lot faster than Veeky Forums and their shitty threads were pushed into oblivion so they came back even when it was made explicitly clear that half of the threads they make are against Veeky Forums rules.

Veeky Forums had a serious hike in philosophy threads after Veeky Forums.
spergers who thought it made Veeky Forums /novelsonly/ and don't read even then assumed that phil posters didn't read and weren't bigger spergers, and damn were the /novelsonly/ spergers ever wrong.

/phil/ posters sperged so hard, hiro had to change the sticky that month. they're the lifeblood of this board. this wasn't even that long ago that you could have forgotten this without needing to forget it.

Yes , i need help to get on analytical philosophy.

You clearly came here from reddit and were not here when Veeky Forums was first formed.

>Let's fracture an already slow board
Nice idea you shithead