There is literally nothing wrong with using an aeropress

there is literally nothing wrong with using an aeropress

French press or GTFO. Dripfags could go as well.

>coarse grounds

except that it only makes one cup
You can ground finder, just deal with the silt, or filter it better.

t.turk

but user

what if i want one cup, and only one cup, of finer ground coffee without the silt

Are Moka pots any good?

Then you a moka pot, or instant.

btw, pic related is the best intant coffee on the planet. I have no idea what makes it so fucking good, but its worlds better than the fucking shit swill drip we have at work.
I keep a few of these in my desk, and just add hot water. Taste so much better than anything else I can easily prepare at work

Wellsir, at that point, m'afraid we'd have to conclude that we plumb arrived at a crossroads 'n then we'd have to settle our diff'rences in a way resemblin honor by drawin pistols.

thanks user, gonna try. the free shit at work tastes like rat shit and i'm too poor to pay $2.51 across the street

no, buy an aeropress instead

everyone who hates aeropress is stupid. it objectively makes delicious coffee and you can control every variable, apply more pressure than a french press and cleanup is almost instant.

french press over aerorpress personally but at that point it's just a preference thing (I like my coffee silty, it's got a good [trigger warning] mouthfeel

French press has nothing to do with pressure; it's a raw immersion method. Comparing the two is quite flawed. Aeropress is a cheaper press espresso, or could even be seen as a clean version of a moka cup if you use the metal filter on the Aeropress.

>aeropress
>espresso
You clearly know fuck all about coffee.

>Aeropress is a cheaper press espresso
No, its not. The aeropress doesn't even produce 1 bar. This is why people consider the aeropress a meme, because the users are retards and believe they're buying a real espresso machine for $30 from a frisbee company

>. The aeropress doesn't even produce 1 bar.
This is just not true.
If you use very fine ground coffee you can get it so you are putting your whole weight on the plunger.
Also 1 bar is 14.5 psi which is not insignificant.

>putting your whole weight on the plunger
With it sitting on top of a mug?
>Also 1 bar is 14.5 psi which is not insignificant
Espresso needs 9 bars

>aeropress a meme
Do you actually know what that word means, fuckwit?

How's your first day going?

Aeropress does not make espresso. And 20 psi makes an amazing cup of coffee
No one is saying its espresso

its not a flawed comparison. Lets compare
.....................French Press Aeropress
Raw immersion__x____________x___
controlled steep__x____________x___
Control H20 temp x____________x___
Pressure____________________x___
Easy cleanup________________x____

all the benefits of french press, with the added benefit of pressure and easy cleanup. Oh and you can use coarse or fine grind

>there is literally nothing wrong with using an aeropress

I have an Aeropress but almost never use it, as it makes the coffee too strong (I drink weak coffee all day long) and I’m scared that the cup will slip out from under the Aeropress when I’m pressing down on it, splashing me with burning hot coffee.

The Cafejo does the same thing but is a better design, as it incorporates a carafe that locks onto the water tower part while the plunger also acts as a microwaveable kettle and as it uses Keurig K-cups, there is less clean up (just the carafe).

>Keurig K-cups
Stopped reading right there

instant coffee is so underrated

i do french press at home keep pic related in my van when i'm travelling and camping

don't let it's cost and packaging put you off

it's german made and quite delicious

> implying Keurig K-cup coffee is bad
> implying you can’t use your own very special meme brand of Civet cat shit coffee in the ground coffee pod

>as it makes the coffee too strong
dude you control the amount of grounds that go in, the coarse/fineness of the grounds, as well as the amount of time the coffee steeps. If it's too "strong" for you, use less beans, or steep it for shorter time, etc. But what it really sounds like is you don't like coffee

>brewing through plastic
yuck
>drinking watery sediment coffee
yuck

I have french press, a cheapo $200 espresso machine, an turkish grinder, and cup, moka pot, a nice japan burr grinder, and 4lb bag of coffee from Costco that's excellent.

95% of the time I use instant because I'm lazy. On the weekend I'll bust out the french press

Aeromeme is shit. Proof of how shitty it is comes from all the Aeromeme competitions where people win with recipes using sub-195f water, meaning they are basically warm water cold brewing to make sweet tarting coffee.

literally kill yourself holy shit

195f? I'm sorry are you using boiling water to brew your coffee? 190-200f is the perfect drinking temp I don't know what the fuck you're drinking

>warm water cold brewing to make sweet tarting coffee
what the

>using overpriced meme instant coffee
>using autism prime to make your shitty instant coffee

just buy a drip machine jesus

pretty much this, comparing the two is actually like comparing apples and oranges

two different sides of the spectrum of grounds making a cup of coffee in two different ways

Wrong. Coffee should be extracted with the coffee SLURRY (including the ground coffee) between 195f and 205f, meaning the water must be close to or above 205f when added for the slurry to remain above 195f for the duration of the brewing process.

Most highly placing Aeromeme recipes use water around 180-190f, which is below the minimum temperature required to extract many of the soluble compounds in coffee.

As a result, Aeromeme brewed using water at that temperature range produces coffee that shares the flavor profile of cold brewed coffee, just made faster since it's warm.

went to england
had that
got sold on instant coffee and went back home to buy some
incredibly disappointing

not at all roasts have the same minimum temperature user.

although you're right in the 205 sense, other roasts/blends will have differing minimum temperatures to fully bring out their flavor profiles

>using course grounds in a french press
Do you people insist on having filtered wine and tea as well?
End this meme.

>French press has nothing to do with presser
maybe if you are a course grind heathen

>No one is saying its espresso
>Aeropress is a cheaper press espresso

>Do you people insist on having filtered wine and tea as well?

Well..yes. All wine is filtered before bottling. And tea nearly usually involves a filter of one sort or another. It might be a bag, a tea ball, a screen built into the teapot, or the Chinese method where you brew it in a Gaiwan and then use the lid to strain out the leaves.

>All wine
No it isn't.
Well there's screens to keep out the majority of the sediment from pressing, but guess what, there's a screen in a french press for the exact same purpose. Some wines go through extra filtering to try to make it more clear looking. Most of these wines are cheap to middle range.

>Well there's screens to keep out the majority of the sediment from pressing,
>there's a screen in a french press for the exact same purpose

Both of those are examples of filters user.

Yes, but if you were not autistic, knew jack shit about wine, or trolling, then you would already understand that there is a distinction between filtered and unfiltered labels.

>All wine is filtered before bottling

Not decent wine. It might be filtered going from primary to secondary to remove the fruit pulp, but after that, the liquid is transferred leaving the sediment behind. As a homebrewer, that's the method I use (pic related).

My point was that even the "unfiltered" wine is actually filtered at some point during its manufacture otherwise there would still be big-ass pieces of grape in it. Pedantic? Sure, I admit that. But even "unfiltered" wine (or sake for that matter) is filtered to some extent as those only contain very very fine particulates. There obviously must be some process which removes the big chunks.

Where do you source your grapes or juice?

I buy stuff from a european market, and that brand has import stickers on it.
if they sell it in the states it might be a different blend.

Oh how we laughed, when our boss demonstrated his new aeropress to us in the kitchen, and sprayed his pristine white cotton shirt with espresso, right before his big client meeting.

It goes everywhere, you want a percolator

also , Americano

I live in an area that has pick your own blueberries and that particular wine was from some we picked ourselves. I ferment it out completely so it's like a merlot or burgundy. My mead melomels I'll usually just buy fruit in season.

I'll stop talking about wine in a coffee thread now, but I just chimed in to correct a mistaken idea about wine. Sorry if I offended.

im sorry, not wanting grounds in your coffee is now a meme? what constitutes as a meme?

so do you just throw your grounds in a mug and pour hot water over it? yes because thats real coffee, better tell 99% of the population that their coffee brewing method is inferior and is an meme

kys

> fancy Civet cat shit meme coffee in a French press:

OMFG! Best. coffee. ever!

> fancy Civet cat shit meme coffee in an Aeropress

OMFG! Worse then Hitler!

you can make americanos with an aeropress

what are you trying to convey user. Both coffee methods mentioned are fine ways to brew coffee. However, using that childs toy with repacked instant coffee is quite possible the most retarded way ive seen to make coffee.

>recipes for hot water

Most of the people using an Aeropress or a Frenchmeme press, simply boil the water in a kettle and take it off the heat when it whistles.

Nobody is making coffee with a thermometer.

If I'm brewing some coffee that I like better with a lower temp, I just let the water sit for a bit after it starts boiling, or I catch it before it gets to a rolling boil. Knowing that a rolling boil is about 212 here, I adjust accordingly.

>using that childs toy with repacked instant coffee

Are K-cups instant coffee? I thought they were just a small amount of regular ground coffee in a plastic brewing cup?

>sit for a bit
>catch it before

Oh, when using strict scientific methods like that to craft coffee, who can argue?...

Not true at all. A lot of coffee autists, me included, either use electric temperature controlled kettles or a thermometer to control what temperature the water enters the brewing process at.

wow its as if people don't bother with thermometers or induction stoves/do not have the time to mess with temp

golly boys we have A REAL COFFEE CONNOISSEUR HERE

Then just filter it if you're really that much of a ignorant priss about it.
And yeah, most of the population uses drip, which is fine if you want a no hassle cup of coffee and all you care about is that it doesn't taste like complete ass. Most people don't really care about their coffee. Same with wine. Those who do care still generally don't know exactly what it is that makes it better tasting than others.

You can't figure out how to cook your chicken breast without a thermometer, either, can you?

Actually, the properties necessary to brew great tasting coffee are fairly well known since it basically amounts to simple chemistry.

yes because the taste of coffee depends not on how the beans are roasted or origin of the beans, but instead on the brew method

goodness its as if you know nothing about coffee

Just like how there is literally nothing wrong with saying the word "literally."

>t. homosexual
moka pot > steeping grounds in used underwear > aeropress

using metal to brew your coffee < steeping grounds in your own gaping ass hole

provide an argument for how a moka pot is better than an aeropress plz

>""""""brews"""""" in plastic
>disparages brewing in metal

>Not true at all. A lot of coffee autists

Let me stop you right there, because there ain't "a lot" of you.

>wow its as if people don't bother with thermometers or induction stoves/do not have the time to mess with temp

Well... yes, that is the way normal people all over the planet make coffee; they put the kettle on and take it off when it whistles, they're not running thru a mass spectrometer to get it just right.

still waiting on that argument

also if aeropress isn't brewing than a moka pot isn't either, they're both water simply going through a filter

I don't own a thermometer and my food comes out great.

Metal ions are more likely to impact taste than anything which will leech out of food grade plastics.

The again I actually like the taste of iodized salt, so it's not necessarily negative.

An aerpress is nothing but a branded named, upside down french press for one cup. Its also too expensive for what it does.

Its not easier to use, its not less messy, its not any better.

Its made for stupid hipsters.

moka pot is older technique to make coffee. its harder to get it wrong because it involve an actual heating source that needs to keep the water in a small range.
you cant burn coffee in a french press, or aeropress.

seeyes, its $15 dollars cheaper, but the aluminum will most likely affect the taste of the coffee. A ceramic or stainless steal moka pot will cost more.

An aeropress, however, can control almost every single aspect of your coffee which gives people who care slightly more about their coffee free range on taste and caffeine content.

i appreciate you for providing an argument, but it boils down to personal preference and no single method is superior.

also you have to be retarded if you burn coffee in a french press or aero press

If you don't think the brewing method has a has a huge influence on the taste of coffee then it's YOU who doesn't know anything about coffee.

What exactly is the problem on here that people can't just handbrew their fucking coffee?

You should work on your reading comprehension skills.

brew method has an influence on the taste yes, but the roast and origin of the beans ultimately make the greatest difference.

How about not making a simple cup of coffee needlessly complicated.

You understand

Take the same beans ground espresso fine, brewed with boiling water for 6 minutes in a French press and then say that again.

This is not a matter of either or. Both matter.

make sure your coffee beans don't have toxic molds on them so you don't get cancer

What aluminum? In what? A french press? Its glass, and a stainless steel plunger that spends a whopping 20 seconds interacting with the coffee.
You should be more worried about the method you used to boil your water.

in reference to a moka pot, not a french press

Then what is the difference if you make coffee in a moka pot vs boiling water in a stainless steel kettle?

see its aluminum vs stainless steel, acid degrades the aluminum and it can leach into the food, and coffee is filled with acids.

Take the same beans ground espresso fine, brewed with boiling water for 6 minutes in an Aeropress.

There is no difference, except you're not spitting out coffee grounds wth an Aeropress.

pretty much everything.

Hold on, are you arguing that brewing method doesn't matter in the sense of Aeropress vs French press vs pour-over, or brewing method doesn't matter in the sense of controlling the brew process doesn't matter?

If the former, I agree that bean freshness and quality matter more than choice of brewing method (as long as you choose one that allows you to control the extraction process).

If the latter, brewing badly can ruin good beans very easily.

What are you referring to being aluminum?

Literally nothing I own for cooking is aluminum. All my pots are either cast iron, enamel, or ss. The only aluminum is a base plate sandwiched around SS

my moka pot is made from stainless steel. I've never seen aluminum cookware, unless its for camping.

most moka pots are made from aluminum, atleast the ones that people reference when trying to make the argument that moka pot > aeropress because of "muh price"

try reading the thread first before replying

The only person here to start talking about aluminium was here which I assume was you talking shit on moka pots.

I've never seen aluminium cookware before in my life except for camping stuff. Unless you live in some old Soviet bloc country that used aluminium cookware.