Hey guys, it's me, the 2016 Nobel Laureate in Literature. How's everyone doing today?

Hey guys, it's me, the 2016 Nobel Laureate in Literature. How's everyone doing today?

A yellow nigger as president?
Next they'll be allowed to ride on the bus!
How uncouth.

>Japanese
>literature

since when are light novels considered actual Veeky Forums?

new fone, who dis?

true nobel incoming

someones on to you

Wrong jap

>Cuckmedia: Lowering birthrates since the 60's

>Bei Dao
>Japanese

embarrassing

That would be a wonderful choice OP. I have hopes for Laszlo Kraznahorkai pick sometime in the near future.

what are you trying to convey with this image?

>Minority in Europe and US
>African
>Oppressed by his own government
>Old
>playful yet deadly serious experimental literature with topics that are still relevant to many governments in Africa and Asia.

Obvious winner present

fuck forgot muh picture

his name is literally niggy thong ho

For the academy that is basically a badge of honor and a turnon

Not necessarily. Remember that the secretary will have to pronounce it in front of the world.

oh tricked me

>a nechbeard is the favourite to win the nobel prize

He's "too obvious" as a choice, he probably won't win.

I hate how right you might be. Munro was a big favourite though, so it's not certain.

Was she? I thought she was just a perennial dark horse with a small but vocal contingent calling for her now and then. Pretty sure she just shot up int he rankings right before the announcement? She wasn't super "obvious" in the leadup.

Favourite might have been the wrong word. I meant that she was an obvious choice similarly to Ngugi: woman, first canadian, first short story writer in a long time.

Put things in perspective! Unfortunately, the Nobel Prize has been awarded to many minor writers, at the expense of many important writers. A list of the great writers who never received the Nobel Prize, notwithstanding a general recognition of their achievements, includes:
BORGES, one of the most influential literary figures of the 20th century
BRECHT, the founder of modern theatre
CONRAD, one of the greatest novelists in English of all times
GARCIA LORCA, one of the greatest Spanish poets of the last three centuries
IBSEN, one of the greatest playwrights of all times
JAMES, possibly the greatest USA novelist of all times
JOYCE, considered by many the most influential writer of the 20th century
KAFKA, greatest German novelist of the 20th century
NABOKOV, one of the greatest USA novelists of the 20th century
PESSOA, one of the greatest poets of the 20th century
PROUST, considered by many the greatest French novelist of the 20th century
VALERY, greatest French poet of the 20th century

On the other hand, absolutely minor (and sometimes terrible) writers have been awarded the prize. Since the 1990s, the winners of the Nobel Prize for literature have been chosen mostly for being "politically correct" (like Fo, Grass and Pamuk at the turn of the century). But many are simply mysterious decisions. It is difficult to understand what makes the jury prefer mediocre, provincial writers to so many greater writers. The Nobel Prize is awarded by a Swedish Academy. The writers of Sweden (a country of 30 million people) have won more prizes than the writers of all of Asia (a continent of one billion people). Is it the rest of the world that is illiterate and uncreative, or is it the Swedish academia that is provincial, nationalistic and anachronistic?

Of all literary prizes for literature the Nobel Prize has become by far the least meaningful.

>KAFKA
Oh wow, that writer that only became renowned after his death never got the prize.

>Is it the rest of the world that is illiterate and uncreative, or is it the Swedish academia that is provincial, nationalistic and anachronistic?
It's a false comparison. On one side you have dead writers that have stood the test of time and on the other a prize given to living authors. Show a non language specific award that has faired better, or it's more reasonable to think that it's the concept that is silly to begin with.

Nobel judges are biased as fuck, Auden lost his nomination because he talked shit about a Swedish diplomat.

>It's a false comparison. On one side you have dead writers that have stood the test of time and on the other a prize given to living authors.
But the bit you quoted isn't about the great missed authors, it's about the fact Sweden has more prizes than the whole of Asia. I honestly fail to see how you missed that.

>nobels haven't given posthumously

I assumed it was about which authors have gotten the price. A bit stange that no Asian authors was in the list if they mrant that "the rest of the world" would have given it to more asians. It might be a semi troll post though since it said that Sweden has 30 million people.

My post still stands even if I quoted the wrong thing.

But yes, too many Swedes have gotten it. Peter Englund more or less admitted that giving it to Johnson/Martinson was wrong, I think.

>Sweden (a country of 30 million people)
Sweden doesn't have thirty million people you absolute fucking piece of shit cretin arrrraagh

rest of your post is fine though

Only when the author died within the year.

>being this pleb

Is this pure shitposting or do you actually have a point to make?

Stockholm representerar