Veeky Forums, i'm sitting infont of the beef liver i just cooked and i cannt bring myself to eat it

Veeky Forums, i'm sitting infont of the beef liver i just cooked and i cannt bring myself to eat it.
i think i did everything i could to make it taste passabel but it's just gross...

how the fuck do i make liver so it tastes good?

recipe i used:

brown onions, champignons and a pear in cleared butter. season with salt/pepper/nutmeg and cinnamon. add fresh thyme, set aside
in same pan, sear cut up liver till crispy brown outside and slightly pink inside.
combina everything, deglaze with a bit of white vinegar.

i made sure to only use very good products and not overcook anything. the rest of the dish is delicious. just those god damn livers.

h-help?

Other urls found in this thread:

germanfoodguide.com/recipes.cfm?recipe_number=175
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

decided to toss it in the food processor and see if i can make an eatable spread out of it. maybe i'll ad a spoon of heavy cream or so and try it with crackers.

any other ideas for next time?

you can try this i guess

germanfoodguide.com/recipes.cfm?recipe_number=175

might be worth a try. i think everything that hides the consistence would be a better idea than eating them plain

It will always taste like rotten meat.

Protip
>do not buy liver.

i blended it and now it didn't only taste like shit, it actually looked like shit too. tossed it away...

yeah, i guess that's the only way to go. though i'd give it a try since they are cheap and fucking healthy (plus i remember liking them as a kid... maybe my mom used chicken liver or something)
oh weeeelll

It's odd, but I love venison liver and chicken liver but hate beef liver. Even cooked medium or medium rare, beef liver always has a horrible texture and flavor. I think it must be due to the fact it's not fresh.

Fresh venison liver I like to slice thinly and saute briefly on high heat in olive oil infused with garlic.

because of you i will give both venison and chicken a try next time i come across them...
i guess i have now ruined beef liver for me forever.

Make paksiw. Liver paste is used in the sauce, so you get the meaty flavor without the sand-like texture.

milk soak, fool.

Liver is delicious, I love it grilled, fried and raw.

Perhaps too many cheeseburgers have tainted your diet and that's why you think anything that isn't pink sludge patty meat is disgusting? Food for thought.

I cook liver and onions in a cream sauce. Basically fry onions until golden brown, take out of pan, and pan fry liver that's been covered in flour until it's cooked around medium. Then add back the onions, add cream and basically season it. Good with mashed potatoes.

>i made sure to only use very good products and not overcook anything

Assuming that's true then the only factor left is the liver.

Did you use full-on beef liver? Or did you use calf liver? Full-on beef liver has a very strong taste. You might not care for that. Use calf liver next time, it's a lot milder.

Or you can remove some of the gamey taste from beef liver by soaking it in milk overnight before you cook it.

The taste of iron is a deterrent. If you don't eat it from youth it will never be palatable.

i eat very healthy, thank you

yeah, it was the only thing they had besides pork liver... guess i will go to a different butcher next time and find something else.

it was kind of a on the spot decision so i didn't soak it. will def do that next time

i have iron deficit and also can't stomach beet root because of the iron taste. maybe there's something wrong with me...

this user is right, also maybe you overcooked it, its a very fine line with liver between perfect and dry and unpleasant

Overcooking tends to affect the texture more than the flavor. You can tell because if it's overcooked it with have sort of a "grainy" or "sandy" texture.

It's an acquired taste. I love it to death but only if it's served with sauteed onions and apples with a steaming pile of mashed potatoes and corn.

I can't handle liver, either. Soaking it in milk supposedly helps reduce some of the flavor. I had my best luck chopping it super fine and then using it in chili. The rest of the meat, beans, tomatoes, etc masked 90% of the liver taste.

>I eat very healthy
*I eat very healthily
ftfy, retard.

bake it into a saucy pie

>Soak it in milk
>It's an acquired taste

How many fucking flyovers are on this board? Might as well call lamb an acquired taste.

Someone's never had milksteak.