What is Veeky Forums's answer regarding flat earthers ?

What is Veeky Forums's answer regarding flat earthers ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XHBZkek8OSU?t=2m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=WAm2cagpsnk
youtube.com/watch?v=JlYYUdbDZYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> if they're so fucking sure the earth is flat, why don't they get a plane or boat, travel to the edge and jump off

>Earth is a rhombus please respond.

Not flat earther, but I don't think flat earthers think that's possible.

It's all very stupid and believing this kind of thing should qualify a person for a Darwin award.
>but how is this going to kill them, user?
Literally launch them into space with ~10 minutes supply of oxygen.

>You're wrong, Earth is a Calabi–Yau manifold !

Now google that shit

Hipparchus, in 120BC, won this debate when he ran his triangulation experiment - simultaneously - in Egypt, Rome and Antioch and determined the stars were infinitely distant. Flat earther theory requires trivial distances and small masses for stars/planets/moon/sun.

Later on, Gallileo discovered the stellar parallex, then did pretty much the same triangulation experiment but using the largest distance possible (the 6 month orbit time of the earth) at the time.

You can do this same experiment yourself.
non-trivial distances to stars = flat earthers BTFO
simple as that.

Flat earth is retarded. The earth is a giant donut.

To report and sage.

They're all wrong, it's clearly a Klein bottle

Not enough evidence to prove earth is round
Everything can be explained without having to make up ridiculous theories about mass bending space and things like that.

they don't think it's possible because of a government conspiracy, not because it would be physically impossible

these are the same retards that believe in chemtrails and FEMA deathcamps, that the Queen is a lizard and zeta-reticulans control the world's banks and governments

>What is Veeky Forums's answer regarding flat earthers ?

Go away CTR.

I know right, the queen is diffs a frog

kek

I was listening to a flat Earth debate and the guy said aristosthanes' story about wells was a hoax because, basically, we don't have any primary sources detailing the actual experimental data from him so therefore we can't know nothin'. Their fall back is always "it's a hoax" or "it's Photoshopped" or " you're just irrationally attached to the ball model because you're brain washed and you don't like being lied to!"

It's retarded. These people are donkey-brained.

Forget horizons or sunsets or any of that shit, how come no-one has EVER found the edge?

youtu.be/XHBZkek8OSU?t=2m30s

>and zeta-reticulans control the world's banks and governments
that's much more likely than flat earth

>zeta-reticulans
OMG! I haven't heard that term in a looooooong time! Wonder if Nancy's moved on to something even more flaky?

I dont understand why the logic of "the loominarty is keeping flat earth a secret". What would anyone have to gain from this?

Answer? People stopped needing an answer to flat Earth over two millennia ago. People that cared to know about the shape of the Earth knew it wasn't flat in ancient Greece, despite not knowing about the internal structure of the Earth or the laws of gravity.

>haha Darwin award lmao
fuck outta here with that popsci horseshit

Water proves the earth isn't flat. Unless there is a government conspiracy for that too.

youtube.com/watch?v=WAm2cagpsnk

>EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY AND WE NEED TO BOW DOWN TO OUR ALIEN REPTILIAN OVERLORDS, AS THE ALIENS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ICE WALL NEED TO SAVE US. YOU ARE ALL SHEEP, OPEN YOUR EYES I AM ONLY THE MESSENGER!
What is have genuinely heard from a flat earther

Flat Earthers are the same exact type of people that deny evolution, are typically creationists, and believe everything, literally everything is a conspiracy with zero evidence. They deny climate science, they deny the Big Bang, they deny basic principles of physics, astronomy, chemistry and biology. They are not worth the time or effort it takes to respond to them, because even if you do, they continue to deny it. They simply won't change their worldview based on evidence, evidence means absolutely nothing to these types of people, they are that deluded.

Anallema

The better of us ignore them. Why feed the troll?

Same goes for climate deniers.

No point in giving the monetary or political capital to those who desire to manipulate the clear and obvious truth for their own selfish causes.

Euthanasia... preferably involuntary.

>Same goes for climate deniers.

Ignore them? Some of them are running the government!

If the flat earthers are using non-euclidian geometry, they might have a point. I'm sure you could find some iso to work with the mathy physics shit

According to flat earthers, UN soldiers patrol the outer rim and prevent people from getting there.

it doesn't matter. noone in industry uses a flat, 6000 year old earth model to do anything with.

every oil/gas/mineral company uses the 6 billion year old model and assume the earth is round.

it literally doesn't matter what flat earthers think because their model has absolutely zero application in the real world, so all their talk is just butthurt trolling and philosophical circle jerking.

until you can make money with your theory, nobody gives a fuck and nobody is going to take you or your research seriously.

What if the earth is flat and the sun and moon rotate in circles above the plane, and they dynamically change shape, thus explaining why the sun and moon don't rise and set at the same size in the sky.

to be fair, the bible never actually says that

yeah, but some senators do.

also, to be fair, questioning the oft-repeated selectively quoted "consensus" from a single meta-study is not the same as calling the earth flat and/or 6,000 years old.

If the earth is flat, then how can it be hollow???

someone mixed guanidine thiocyanate (common ingredient in DNA work) with bleach and made cyanide gas

Flat earthers and climate change deniers deserve only to be exterminated. I ain't even joking.

>UN soldiers

Then some flat earthers should get on a boat off of the tip of Chile and get some photos of these boats and men patrolling the great ice wall.

Those soldiers must be awfully efficient. If the earth is a flat disk like they describe, that's a huge area to cover.

mtherfuckers are stupid, but thats what happens when you breath in too many chemtrails

Of course the earth is flat. Haven't you all seen the movies "Independence Derp" and "Asteroids"???
In both movies the climax explosion in space can be seen by all cultures and countries world wide. They all look up and celebrate their salvation. Line of sight proves a flat earth duh.

(Sorry, I'll go back to /b now)

So people who do their research and come to the wrong conclusion should be exterminated, as opposed to people who just believe whatever shit they've been told?

I guarantee you that the average person here probably wouldn't be able to debate the more well-read flat earthers.

If you honestly push aside all of those discoveries with how much ample evidence there is supporting them then you are the fucking retard here. Veeky Forums my ass you people wouldn't accept something if the evidence was shoved in your face.

Dear Satan,
There is evidence supporting flat earth theory?
With regards. user

The trick to debating flat earthers is not to try and disprove their theory. It's to try and get them to find any practical use for their model. A hypothesis is useless if it can't make any decent predictions over what we have already.

>all of those discoveries

What discoveries? All flat-earthers ever present is a bunch of hand-waving and MS Paint graphics.

>what is the Coriolis effect

>binging on alex jones and /x/ is research
>the default public opinion on climate change is it's real
The more intelligent conservitards really don't deny it these days, it's now how much of it is manmade. As always, the conservicucks are behind in the sciences by a good 50 years.

>Well-read flat earthers
>Well-read flat earthers
>Well-read flat earthers

>I guarantee you that the average person here wouldn't be able to debate...
I'll give you this one, either because this average person here is actually doing some semblance of research but more likely is an autist with no social skills that hates confrontation.
Then again, you're implying this "debate" would be anything more than the vocal form of youtube comments.
Well-read flat earthers...kekjojlel, i needed this.

Here's the deal: there are two types of Flat Earthers: trolls, and literal Bible interpreters. Somewhat surprisingly, we usually encounter the latter on Veeky Forums. They have the freedom to make shit up (lie) because truth and understanding are not their goals, and they end the arguments with "prove me wrong." By disavowing any science put forward and continuing to make shit up, they "win" by attrition. It is simply impossible to keep up with having to explain away the barrage of the violations of the most basic principles of geometry, math, science, and logic. They aren't interested in critical thinking or putting in the requisite effort to do the science. Proofs are tossed aside, or they may not even respond when they can't fabricate anything that would pass even their own red-faced test. They are blind to 3D visualualization. They concentrate on believing what their leaders tell them, and will not allow any sense to mar their fractured perception of the universe. There is simply no arguing. It's like trying to paint over mud, where you just end up with a dirty brush.

Tried Bingo in this thread

A mate of mine is confirmed as a third category.

Over the last two years, he's been smoking a lot more pot, and becoming more convinced that the Government is part of a massive conspiracy to hide the health benefits of pot.

The problem with that is the more upset he gets about it, the more he starts buying into every Government conspiracy memes like Chemtrails. fake moon landings and eventually flat earth.

Over the last month his Facebook friend list has dropped from about a hundred to about 20 due to the way he wants to tell everyone to "educate themselves" and fights all the sheeples that don't listen.

He's a legitimate fedora wearing atheist and has always made an issue of hating religion so it's not that. And he's had too many fights with his own family to be trolling.

That sounds like he actually needs help.

>aristosthanes' story
>hoax

you are listening to the wrong flat earthers. flat earth has been known for thousands of years and only the past millennium have we entertained on the idea that the earth is a globe.

i recommend sources like eric dubay for answers regarding proofs.

as for the aristosthanes' story you can simplify his assumption that angles of shadows means that there is curvature:
if you take a flashlight and move it locally across a kitchen table and note that the angles of the salt and pepper shakers shadow change, does that mean the surface of the table is curved?
the answer is yes according to NASA and the educational system.

water does not flow up hill and always finds a level surface, sea level. if the earth was round there wouldn't be such thing as level in a macro-scale and rivers from mountains would flow up and over as well as down hill.

>deny evolution
>believing in Darwinism ever

you cant make a tree into a horse.
you can however make a white person from a black person.

the creator made life diverse as it always was and the genetic diversity can spread throughout specific species it was designed to mingle with, that is, a horse already has many phenotype in its DNA to express many different kinds of colors of its own nature but it cannot evolve into a dog or a hippopotamus. when a species has isolated an expression of its genetic traits multiple times over, it increases its chance of having malfunctions, hence why whites are more susceptible to autism or deformities.

also giants, as many ancient history and myths on the face of the earth have confirmed, were real and dinosaurs are not.

There are three types
>cultists
>scammers
>trolls

Arguing with either is pointless since it's not going to be argument per se.
The correct course of action is calling them a faggot.

\
>flat earther's
>cultists

how ironic.

>if you take a flashlight and move it locally across a kitchen table and note that the angles of the salt and pepper shakers shadow change, does that mean the surface of the table is curved?
The shadows cast on a flat surface are measurably different.

>if the earth was round there wouldn't be such thing as level in a macro-scale
Sure there would be. "Level" would simply refer to a curved surface.

I seriously doubt George Washington believed in a flat earth.

Okay, I'll buy that. But I state that we usually encounter the two types on Veeky Forums. Does your mate post here? And I'm sorry - it must be difficult to see a friend lose his mind.

Flat Earth isn't even physically possible. Gravity would make it collapse into a ball Earth.

>implying they think gravity is real

Most of the flat earthers I've listened to on youtube seem to believe that gravity is a meme theory, stating that since we never observed gravity particles analogous to electrons or photons, that we don't really know anything about gravity, and that Isaac Newton invented gravity to explain the fraudulent globe model. They instead claim that what we refer to as gravity is just density, so the air is higher because it is less dense and the ground is lower because it is more dense (don't ask me how this is supposed to replace gravity, I know it's stupid.)

They think the Earth is flat and it's proof of god. They think the conspirators don't want you to believe in god so they can control you more.

There's a Molyneux video that was especially infuriating to watch as this retarded caller handwaved everything as fake but wouldn't acknowledge that he believes in flat earth based on images online which could also be faked.

Gravity isn't real. It can't even be observed and measured properly like any other force.

>it cant be observed and measured
Never dropped something?
Never measured the velocity as constant?
Never went to highschool?

This. We are kept on the ground by a electromagnetic force that for some reason doesn't make metal extremely heavy while still being strong enough to anchor non-metallic objects to the ground firmly and observably attracting all forms of matter equally. Fucking globe-heads can't get it through their spherical heads that gravity is a lie and therefore the earth is OBVIOUSLY fucking flat.

Don't even get me started on their insane astronomy lies. You want to tell me I can see the sun from 93 million miles away and it's 865,000 miles in diameter? I can cover it with my pinky finger you morons!!!

Why are constellations in the northern and southern halves of the planet different?

How do you explain tides with a flat earth?

Government's have been to the great sapphire shell enclosing the atmosphere. They manipulated the skies to create false evidence of a globular earth.

>Density

Somehow gravity's strong enough to pull in the tides of whole masses of ocean but doesn't affect anything else in the atmosphere the same way. Gravity is an excuse for convenience.

holy shit lmao denser objects sinking below less dense REQUIRES gravity to work. I know you're just trolling but I wouldn't put it past the flat-earth tards lol

>TEH GUBMENTS!
What about the countless revolutionary governments that weren't and aren't part of the status quo?

Out of curiosity, what is the flat earth explanation for tides?

Wel tths teh gubment weve macienes at teh egde of teh wurdl. kk?

All governments collude. The revolutionary ones are just to stir up the rabble - they are controlled opposition. Most of history has been rewritten to cover up the edge of the world which was discovered in what globe-heads would call 400 BCE.

Caused by warmer and cooler areas of ocean. That's why the tide changes as the sun does.

Riddle me this, spherists:

If the Earth is a sphere, then why is the horizon fucking FLAT?

>Caused by warmer and cooler areas of ocean.
How does thermohaline circulation fit into that?

>thermohaline circulation
Not an expert on that, but it's probably caused by warm/cool as well as the movement and activities of the aquatic life which change the salt content of the water and displace water as they migrate.

>flat earth believers
Ahaha go back to 300 BC before Archimedes owned your asses with the Sand Reckoner.

Care to reproduce those experiments? Oh wait, you can't. Just keep sucking N(azi)ASA's dick and jerking off to their CGI photos.

because infinitesimal calculus is real, the earth is really big, and humans are really small in comparison.

>because infinitesimal calculus is real
hahahahahaahaha next you'll me the the "real" numbers are real too! lmao! Globe-head and a believer in irrational math, sounds about right!!

How do you explain tides at night and spring tides (tides caused by a syzygy of the sun and moon)?

Rent a tall sailboat and have a friend (you do have friends, right?) sail over the horizon and back.

The sailboat will disappear due to diffraction of light through the atmosphere, which is why you can't see infinitely far. If you use a telescope to look at your friend, you will see that the hull disappearing below the horizon is actually just an optical illusion, since with a telescope the hull will remain visible! Explain that!

>How do you explain tides at night and spring tides (tides caused by a syzygy of the sun and moon)?

How do you explain why the Earth is spinning at 1000 mph and orbitting the sun and we don't feel shit? Why can planes fly equally fast whether they go east or west? hmmmmmmmmmmm maybe the earth is flat dipshit.

Experiments? Archimedes just used deductive reasoning to state the earth is round. Retards have been saying the Earth was flat before Jesus was born, but they were also saying the Earth was round before he was born as well.

Denying evolution =/= denying the earth is round. The Earth is definitively round. And that makes sense physically as well as philosophically, however, evolution's main tenets are less than 200 years old. Very fragile, untenable piece of shit.

What is relativity, dipshit

>flat earth

mentally disadvantaged people believe this

A theory made up to explain away the inconsistencies in classical Newtonian physics - inconsistencies that stem from dumb ideas like a spherical earth. Next you'll tell me black holes are real and we landed on the moon LMAO

>A theory made up to explain away the inconsistencies in classical Newtonian physics - inconsistencies that stem from dumb ideas like a spherical earth. Next you'll tell me black holes are real and we landed on the moon LMAO

>NOT SURE IF GLOBE-HEAD
>OR PAID U.N. SHILL

>tells me I fail
>uses a space-travel propaganda film character created to literally grind the spherical retardation into his head
KEK

Is this the only reason why this thread is still alive? One, sad retard is bumping it constantly?

What do flat earthers even expect the horizon to look like if not flat?

Remaining at eye level in the north then as you turn around it gradually falls down until it reaches it's lowest point in the south where it starts going up as you keep turning towards north again?

We don't feel shit when we travel in airplanes 1000 mph. Why would we feel shit when the earth does the same?

Why can you walk equally fast in a moving train or airplane whether you go back or forward?