Is the growing use of Adderall for cognitive enhancement a problem?

Is the growing use of Adderall for cognitive enhancement a problem?

Are there better alternatives?

omega 3 fish oil

You think Omega 3 fish oil is more effective than amphetamine?

Yes.

Randomize drug tests for finals.

It doesn't help as much as you think, and often has counter-productive effects (scatterbrain effect, effects of sleep deprivation from stim abuse)

It's true there's no free lunch, however the need for cognitive performance is not flat across time.

If you can trade better performance on say, the MCAT, Finals, or some big project, and make up the sleep & deal with the side effects either on the weekend or days that you don't have those, it can be a huge benefit.

It doesn't surprise me that it's rampant on college campuses, especially during finals.

Why do you believe it is problematic?

One are bad for you while others you can drink for your whole life.

Does literally nothing if taken as a supplement

Then how do you take it

It betters the bloodflow which makes your brain run faster. It's not even remotely better than Adderall but it's the best safe alternative I know of.

Everything in life has upsides and downsides.

I would argue the benefits of judicious use of amphetamine outweigh the negatives or possible negatives - and the FDA agrees.

adderall is literally nootropic tier, it's useless placebo bullshit

meth is better

drink coffee

The problem is that nowadays nobody is able to work with children in a way that fascinates them enough to keep their attention going. Not with the shitty money paid in education today. Andnot with the either binge learning or oversimplifying curricula.

meth is illegal and neurotoxic, amphetamines like adderall are better

i drink black tea

what are Veeky Forums thoughts about ritaline? A neurologist told me that i have addh by a 40 minutes talk. I really believe i do have it but i dont believe his diagnoses because it was so fast.
Is ritaline safe for people who have addh? What about the long terms effects? How to counter the appetite supress?

My friend was on it for a while, made him literally hate life and he said it was like being in a forced relaxed state. Also needed a lot of melatonin tablets to sleep because of it.
He didn't eat much either.

Just get a prescription and use it only when you need to focus so you don't get dependent.
You can also sell it for a good price to college students.

I dont think it is a problem to be desu.
Not really cheating since you are actually learning more and better and an exam is not a competition between students (unless it is, then its pretty dirty)

The result completely depends on how you use it.
Goes from: doing shit for months, then having a two week long jittery cram sesison to get a 5 and an amphetamine addiction.

To: Studying hard and then using it for the last week to study as if you were doing the exam (same time, same previous routine, sleep well yadda yadda).
Then you do the exam on it and its almost frightening, your mind feels like a well oiled machine (the fact that you are on amphetamine helps to that feel jej)

For the year i used it i felt like Myke Tyson stepping into the ring when going to an exam.

desoxy, an RX drug for ADD/ADHD and other ailments, is literally methamphetamine.

>For the year i used it i felt like Myke Tyson stepping into the ring when going to an exam.
Did you ace them all?

Nah bro, the meth made him a violent ear biting punching machine

i'm in a tranny chatroom and there is this popular tranny that is totally addicted to it and they have the worst jaw jacking i've ever seen. they look like a fucking meth addict, but people that don't know about amphetamines just think they have dry mouth from smoking weed. it's fucking insane. trannies are crazy btw.

The grades were almost always around 9/10

The previous work to the exam reminded me of the preparation for a boxing match, thinking about it and wanting to see how good I was. Really looked forward to the exam day

It was some autismus maximus shit, but i was reading ajime no ippo and ashita no joe at the time and they gave me the motivation only mango can give.

Jesus thank god mind reading is not a thing

If the exams had ears i would have bitten them t b h

People should be urine tested at accredited colleges prior to exams and year to year students with "conditions" that require adderall and similar drugs should be evaluated by a university doc for a prescription renewal and confirmation of illness.

Anyone who fails a piss test without script gets expelled on the spot.

>apparently have ADHD
>doctor doesn't want to prescribe it to me because he says I'm depressed.
>have to buy some from a fucking friend to focus not fucking up at work.
>have to see another doctor about getting prescribed for adderall.

Well yeah, they have a mental illness. So do you

desoxyn is meth not desoxy
very different things senpai

I have ADD, but never needed to take anything (I still am a really good test taker/just smart I guess...?)
Adderall made constantly, overwhelmingly anxious and depressed. I started eating almost nothing and just stopped doing anything. Horrible.

Why?
There is nothing morally wrong with using PEDs to make one's self the best version of one's self one can be...if that is what the sake of the use is for.

However - it terms of "cheating" for competitions (e.g. adderall for marks on a final exam....which curves) you may have a case. Although, even then, I would not recommend expulsion as the firs t / immediate punishment.

That's fucking stupid and I've never even taken adderall. Kys if you're truly that much of an insecure brainlet.

This

>there are brainlets on Veeky Forums who can't compete with other brainlets on drugs

oh good catch
i don't do either but i got them mixed up i guess

Why?

I agree with this. Now it is merely a matter of time before every student is doing exams under influence of stimulants. It already is a major handicap to not consume these drugs. They may as well dispense adderall to each student at this point.

They say it's a problem because there is no going back once you start. The alternative would be to train yourself to be more focused, i.e. stop posting here and going on all other kinds of social media altogether.

>implying addies arent neurotoxic
top kek lad

What happens if I mix adderall into my coffee and monster?

wouldn't recommend it senpai.

>FDA

Think about how many children are prescribed amphetamines solely because of this

I take it. I like it. it's hard to say what's placebo and what actually works, but my sharpness, alertness, mental energy, recall etc. all seem to improve when I take 6+ grams per day

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say at least half, probably close 80 percent of the children on adderall and similar drugs have their prescriptions precisely because of that.

As someone who did plain speed a few times before tests, it does shitsall.

It mainly results in you sitting there with cold sweat running down your back wondering when someone will call the police

>Suffering from the dunning kruger effect

>Are there better alternatives?
healthy diet + lots of sleep

>growing use
for you, degenerate

lmao this is one triggered dunning krugerite we got here

neek

Bacopa for general cognitive enhancement (takes a few weeks of use to see effects)

Fish oil

Piracetam or any other racetam

Look them up on examine(dot) com

How much fish oil do you take a day?

You have to mega dose. Only take natural triglycerides form, not ethyl esters. If it doesn't say, then it's in ethyl enters form from being molecularly distilled. Take at least 1-2 grams total, maybe even more if you can afford it. Nordic naturals is probably the best brand and most pure but it's Hella expensive

>mega dose
user.

stop eating
electricity