No other author has had as great an impact on literacy as her. She taught a whole generation to love books

No other author has had as great an impact on literacy as her. She taught a whole generation to love books.

literally who

To love trash

Shit on a page does not a book make.

Every friend of mine who read Harry Potter as a kid is now an adult who doesn't read anything. A few of them moved to stuff like Hunger Games, but that's about it.

i used to like harry potter until everyone started reading it because the movies were coming out. why do people always have to ruin everything?

have you considered maybe adopting a few other different topics of conversation user?

no, she taught them that books for 10 year olds are real literature

I read Harry Potter as a kid and I'm still an avid reader. I did also read other literature as a kid.

I don't think the issue is that they read Harry Potter as kids, I think its that they're normalfags. Most people don't enjoy reading past a certain age, if ever. They move on to easier mediums, like film or games.

I also enjoyed Harry Potter as a kid and revisited it later and enjoyed it again

Literally no one under the age of 30 reads books, my dude.

>easier mediums, like film

I never read any of her books, so I have no opinion about their quality.

However, most of the people I know who have read her did so as adults.
Adults who read Patterson, Clancy, Koontz, and maybe King.
Kids who read her probably grew up to be adults of similar tastes.
Not exactly high lit.
Doesn't mean she's bad, just not in the same league as my favorite pretentious dead authors.

lmao you don't deserve to post on here, lynch is as entry level to film as it gets.

Off yourself.

>lynch 'easier' than kobayashi

no user, you are the retard

but at least a retard with solid taste

eventually you'll stop trying to justify having spent 10 hours of your life on a series of films you thought you would enjoy because you're a pseud

people waste hundreds of hours watching terrible television, 10 hours being a pseud is not nearly as bad

they don't try to justify it to others though, which is the point

Popular =/= easy
Entry-level =/= bad

Lynch is a real smart he do crazy weird stuff so random and art so deep lol I sometimes wear a silly top hat and if I see someone else wearing one I will take it off because I'm very unique

>lynch is as entry level to film as it gets.
Oh thank god. My love for Tarantino, Nolan, Wes Anderson, the Coen brothers, and Malick are all safe.

What's the quote about not experiencing art at all being better than bad art?

Joyce is real smart he do crazy weird stuff so random and art so deep lol I sometimes wear a silly eye patch and if I see someone else wearing one I will take it off because I'm very unique.

>implying she didn't visit Veeky Forums in the early days

Those were a couple of crazy threads

Reminds me of that movie the dubs guy was in where they didn't know about art, and he cried when he first heard that record.

I read up to the last chapter of the fifth book, then put it down, then tried to read it again, put it down, did that a few more times, then realized I didn't give a single fuck.

I only remember the story from the films. Thanks JK, you bored me awake.

btw I was a child

Mfw when I'm not past entry-level yet