If unregulated crypto is truly the currency of the future...

If unregulated crypto is truly the currency of the future, how will we deal with gangs finding big holders and torturing their wallet details out of them, then stuffing them in a barrel? How will law enforcement agencies know someone has been robbed of their crypto if it leaves no trace besides a number on the block chain? Even whales and public figures could get hit with all the ways you can launder crypto. What is stopping some Russians on twitter from scoping out some retards posting about LINK and ETH 24/7 and taking them for all their worth? With a traditional bank, it's a red-flag if someone tries to withdraw a large sum. There are barriers, there is protocol, there are many safety measures and verification, and there is a limited amount you can take. With crypto, all there is, is a password.

Surely it will be like the Old West x1000.

Attached: 150179427864.jpg (587x450, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jvfx1XCbuPo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i think after torturing literally fails to get people to remember their private key the gangs will give up

The thing is that robbers don't know how much you actually have

>"we cut his finger off but he just won't give us his key"
>"oh well guys, time to pack it up and go home, we've been foiled"

Because that is the risk many are willing to accept to have a decentralized currency. It's the same line of thinking that anarchists would give up their security to live in a decentralized society.

Attached: 1515974005943.jpg (650x400, 175K)

This thought has crossed my mind as well. I don't know how people bragging about how much crypto they have sleep at night. It just takes a robber beating the shit out of them to get the keys and then they have nothing. I see this a a huge limitation to crypto.

What if it's the government? We know they already monitor us. What's stopping any of us from being v& and liquidated, never to be heard from again? No trace. Just a missing person's report. You think your local PD is going to be looking at the blockchain?

Yes, because torture, murder, kidnapping is totally fine as long as it involves bitcorns.

Also immutable public record of transfers are really hard to track too

The only rational solution I can think of is to have a centralized service which is insured control the wallets (kind in like a bank). There can't be widespread real adoption unless normies feel safe. I see the end game of this being like a glorified paypal where every transaction is tracked as we move more towards a cashless society. Governments will love this because at the end of the day they will know Exactly how much everyone has a can jew us more out of those sweet tax payments.

How would anyone know your coins were stolen though? If you disappeared tomorrow and your crypto wallet was cleared out, explain what red flags would be raised.

Everyone has thought about this, but the places where crypto has seen the most use as a store of value and currency are largely third world shit holes, a la venezuela, and remember when bitcoin was trading thousands above the market in zimbabwe? This mustn't be as big of an issue as we in the west think it would be.

1. Just hide how much you have.
2. Have a gun.
3. Have it stored in contracts that can only dispense a certain amount per day or based on other conditions and other keys.

>find retard bragging about how he has 100 bitcorn
>torture and threaten to kill for private key
>transfer to Monero

It's not that unrealistic, especially considering crypto will be used heavily in 3rd world shitholes because a large portion of the people don't have access to proper banking.

What part of "be your own bank" was unclear to you? You aren't supposed to tell anybody about your holdings. You are your own bank and you are responsible for your own security. Those who can't handle responsibility can do as they please.

This gets at it. The world isn't as scary as you white boys think it is. Nothings stopping negros from running up on you with a gun and taking your wallet, or breaking down your door and raping your wife and taking her to the ATM and getting out some cash (we all know 99% of you would choke when it came time to use a gun). We largely have an illusion of safety, but there really aren't that many people out there who would do you harm so it's not an issue.

What part of the OP was unclear to you? All someone has to do is find someone's online posting and follow their social media to see how deep into crypto they are. They could then just continue to follow someone and see what kind of lifestyle they are living, then go after them for their key. You don't have to say "I have this many bitcoins" for them to go after you.
>Nothings stopping negros from running up on you with a gun and taking your wallet, or breaking down your door and raping your wife and taking her to the ATM and getting out some cash
Not only do all of these things happen, but it's not even relevant because none of those scenarios have the ability to net over $100k in a short amount of time like crypto-jacking does

Risk and reward. Any nigger dumb enough to rob someone for $50 and a KFC coupon is going to jail immediately. However, a very strong case can be made that the prospect of a $100,000 payday is enticing enough to attract more sophisticated criminals than Jamal and Tyrone. Also, keep in mind, these crimes will be difficult to track due to crypto decentralization.

Nope cryptos will become the new stocks and will be regulated the same way after all the dusts settle.

I agree

You can make cryptos for that matter. Just replace everything with tokens all the way down. Make tokens for every use case possible

> find someone's online posting and follow their social media

and this person would deserve to get robbed

Then anarchists are fucking idiots who don't understand control will be imposed in one form or another. Either by taxes to the government or taxes in the form of your wife's and daughters pussy and your head to the next biggest gang of killers who comes sweeping through town in their ideal world.

With JNT you will be able to recover your funds even if you accidentally send them to the wrong wallet, i believe that includes being robbed as well since it’s the same recovery process.

i shit you not, watch the conference with don tapscott, yazan talks about this in the first minutes

I mean you can literally find Veeky Forums autists posting their portfolios on twitter in 10 seconds along with various Veeky Forums memes. One thinks they would be the most vulnerable too as no one would think anything of them if they went missing for weeks/months.

Attached: 151098654721.png (666x672, 403K)

To pull that off you'd have to find a person who
>has a lot of money in crypto
>is stupid enough to brag about it
>has the private key to his main wallet in an easily accessible place
>doesn't have decent security

That's not very common, otherwise crypto robberies would happen every day already.

>otherwise crypto robberies would happen every day already
How do you know they aren't already happening though? This is the very crux of the argument you brainlet.

Fake weird situations then make something really bad happen around you. Proof the government is after you. Nobody believes when the government explains the truth about shit like this.

whats stopping some autist from writing a smart contract that only allows withdrawing a certain amount in a certain timeframe? or maybe even creating centralized bank-like services that hold the second key of your multisig wallet, where they will only sign your big transaction if you come to them in person and declare that youre not under duress?
here, two solutions to your retarded problem, now go fuck yourselves.

The government doesn't "rob" you, it finds an excuse to take your property.
But the government also doesn't know how much crypto you have.

Your two solutions are:
1. smart contracts that can be beat out of you and don't even need you alive to complete
2. centralized banking

a-are you autistic?

Attached: 151098357468.png (657x485, 147K)

So there's some gang rolling around the country, kidnapping, robbing and killing millionaires while leaving no evidence and no witnesses. Also, police investigating the disappearance never makes the connection between the guy and his crypto wallets. Sounds reasonable.

you can store crypto the same way as money.
if you feel threatened by gangs, you can give it away to some big insitutation to guard it.

also hardware wallets can be equipped with time-locks. NOBODY can withdraw funds from a hardware wallet for 2 weeks even if they know the pincode. double it up with a multi-sig requirment (so after 2 weeks you need the approval of a secure institutaion) and robbing people off crypto is just as hard / even harder than robbing people of any other kind of investment.

you just get the option to actually keep it, and also to choose who you exactly trust with it.

They don't have to be millionaires. They could just be random marks. How is the police even going to make a connection between a crypto wallet they have no idea even exists and your disappearance? Stop being a brainlet just to be a brainlet.

if the police has no way to discover those people held crypto, how the fuck will the gangs know they're holding crypto? :thinking:

>Russians follow a guy posting crypto memes
>Bust him up and take him to secure location
>Beat him until he gets liquidated
>Chop him up and throw him in the ocean
>3 weeks later missing person report
>2 months of detectives asking friends/family your last known whereabouts
>they check your social media, see some crypto memes, think nothing of it
That's how

You all have your answers here but you chose to ignore it even if it solves all the problems you bring up

>the absolute state of Veeky Forums

>They don't have to be millionaires. They could just be random marks
We're talking about kidnapping and murder. That sounds like a lifetime of fun in prison if you get caught. Also, if you're smart enough to kidnap a person without a trace, you wouldn't risk getting caught for a couple grand

Really from a person to person angle this would be as rare as rich people getting kidnapped.

However it is absolutely what the Government will do. Blackbag someone and sell their crypto without anyone being the wiser.

yeah you sound like an extremely intelligent person lol

Money laudering and tax evasion will be available for the masses, The 1% already do it in tax heavens you fuckhead.

how about you shill your shitcoin in your own thread
What does it take to kidnap someone though? A hot russian girl lures you to her apartment and that's it, you wake up in an abandoned warehouse out in the sticks. It's easier to get away with because
1. You aren't killing for thrill or attention
2. You aren't going after any major institutions
3. It's entirely randomized and nigh untraceable to make the connection, especially with more and more people getting into crypto
There is nothing to gain by kidnapping rich people though, their holdings are tied up in secure banks. They have families and friends. But some random faggot holding crypto? That's an easy mark user.

>what are PMCs
Fucking brainlet.

youtube.com/watch?v=jvfx1XCbuPo

Watch from 1:28 to 2:14 and then you are allowed to tell me to leave if you still believe I am not on topic and am only trying to shill a coin.

I'm illustrating technology that will solve the problems this thread brings up, shilling the coin is secondary to the main purpose of discussion.

Crypto will not have these problems.

Attached: 1335976871055.jpg (600x600, 47K)

well they can cut off what they like, i don't even know the first character to any of my keys so i will be fucking murdered and they get nothing. normal extortion would be more profitable

user the entire upper class is not evading tax, most merely have an accountant for some marginal and legal optimization. anyway the masses have always had it available through cash

Attached: 43543543435345.jpg (1300x957, 182K)

How it really happens:
Spreading malware that looks for keys and/or tries to mitm on exchanges. Same approach as spam essentially - wide fishing net instead of trying to manually find someone.

1) never talk about your crypto savings
2) use an address to spend money with little crypto in it, and one for cold storage
3) if they threaten you, give em what you have in your spending account. If they ask you where you got the money, tell em it's your boss'/ friend's wallet, people living miles away from you of course

Anarchy is really "anti-civilization". The only anacrchist that that I "respect" are primitive-anarchists. At least they are honest about their intentions. They simply wnat the removal of civilization and have people going back into small hunter-gathering groups.

>also hardware wallets can be equipped with time-locks... double it up with a multi-sig requirement
This. Enhanced security in the wallets themselves should make it enough of a hassle against adversaries. Even for worse case scenarios, couldn’t you just buy protection with crypto?

you dont seem to understand why central banking is bad, nigger. the main problem isnt their control over your money (which has both pros and cons), but their control on supply of money. once you get that, youll realize whos autistic here.

so some dindus and sand niggers can easily find targets through monitoring social media, but 1st world police detectives couldnt find any links between victims?
these scenarios are getting more and more ridiculous, not to mention that same shitty scenarios apply even more to things like gold, jewelry and even paper stocks.

No, anarchy is the lack of a centralized authority or government.

Satoshi designed his Bitcoin protocol as a proposed solution to an anarchist society. It was a program designed as an experiment, and an interesting one at that.

It was never designed to be the future of money - rather, through a wave of hype and misinformation, and through the actual value accrued through the energy costs of mining, it suddenly skyrocketed, and a bunch of misguided individuals believed/made themselves believe it was the future of everything.

Ultimately, the desire to get very fucking rich is the fuel to most of these beliefs.

I'm not saying nothing can emerge from the ashes of bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't work if society did fall (although I'd wager that other proposed solutions are more effective).

I'm not saying the idea of a decentralised bank which can withstand regime change, border change, economic crises, etc, which only requires the infrastructure of the internet, isn't hugely interesting.

But it's an anarchist idea being pillaged by capitalism. A solution looking for a problem.