What are some unconventional pizza toppings you think would be good?

What are some unconventional pizza toppings you think would be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

cheeseboardcollective.coop/pizza/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pineapple

hakarl

Breakfast Pizza (eggs for sauce, breakfast sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, cheese, whatever veggies you'd also put in an omelette) is my favorite pizza.

I guess it's not really that unconventional anymore though.. seems kinda popular now.

Baked or pickled beets, or any root vegetable at all if properly diced/sliced or whatever.

What is it with Scandinavian/Nordic countries and gross fish preserves? Genuinely curious.

Green Olives and Cheddar Cheese

Marinara sauce

puke

>eggs for sauce
you should try hollandaise and do some kind of eggs benedict pizza
dough, then hollandaise, cheese, break some eggs over the top, ham, and maybe some spinach

Cucumber

That shit is a bitch to make. Always get it too thick or too thin.

Potatoes. Thin slices that will bake to crispy in the oven.

C'mon man, Hawaiian is delicious.

matter of preference. Some love it, some hate it. Personally, I find it meh. Will eat in a pinch but prefer something with a bite.

Anything as long as you don't call it pizza

never been a fan
it works great if you add onions to it, and some chili oil

Nic?

hawaiian with onion and chili oil? u srs?

I've had this in a pizzeria.
White sauce, potato slices, and grated parmesan. It was great.

BLT pizza
Take a cheese pizza w/o sauce, and bake, them smother in mayo, shredded cheese, bacon bits and some sliced tomato.

Chilli oil is probably pretty good. I get chilli flakes on a hawaiian and it plays really nice with the pineapple.

Potatoes au gratin pizza?

>smother in mayo
user...

You have never tasted håkarl so why bash it. Fermented fish is also a staple in Asia, and that's widely accepted for some reason.

That being said,I propose pizza with potato dough, rakfish, beets and dill. cucumber salad as relish.

Sloppy Joes
Replace sauce for best results.

The Japs get made fun of for corn and shrimp on pizza but I don't think it looks that bad.

walnut sauce

That's literally a cheese wheel places on a dough sheet and pizza sauce spread on top.

Exactly. You ever seen any Chicago natives?

Pizza: Breaded, flash fried popcorn shrimp with crumbly bacon and baby spinach leaves.

Nacho sauce and corndogs

I went to a restaurant when I visited Berkely a couple years ago that had pic related.

It's corn, pasilla peppers, onion, mozzarella, Corsican feta, garlic olive oil, cilantro, and lime. I thought it was really tasty.

pickles

Chilli. As in the beef dish.

Curry, as in the spicy indian food.

I want to try bananas desu.

papa john's did this for a while and I can confirm that is very good

Lamb curry

Really? I got their "cheeseburger pizza" thing once and it was easily the worst pizza I've ever had
And I once had pizza that was just fried vegetables on top of raw dough

Shrimp. I don't think this, I KNOW this.

I'm amazed nobody has said semen yet. I've tried it once, it's OK.

meatballs with spinach

I KNOW it to be good, it's going to be the next "pineapple on pizza" cultural explosion

The blood of my enemies

carrots and brussel sprouts

how about sushi on pizza

entire sushi rolls smushed down on top

When I was a kid I'd always order my pizza with shrimp and mushrooms on it. Loved it.

how about mac and cheese

Gravy is the GOAT sauce for breakfast pizza.
Dough, gravy, sausage, bacon, eggs, tomato and cheddar cheese. Toppest tier.

Ceci's Pizza was a pizza buffet chain that I think mostly went out of business. They usually always had a mac and cheese pizza on the buffet spread.

lobster on pizza cheesecake on pizza

pizza on pizza

ice cream on pizza

fish pizza

pomegranete pizza

grapes on pizza

pretzels on pizza

caramel apples on pizza

lemon on pizza

oranges on pizza

mango pizza

greek yogurt on pizza

pie on pizza

cherries on pizza

pizza flavored cereal

Cheeze itz and watermelon pizza dipped in milk

popcorn pizza with mayonaise as the sauce
in a pickle juice broth

blueberry pizza with fried calamari and squash

pork roll/taylor ham

That pizza was bad but the pickles were good on other pizzas.

Sounds delish

Seems standard I wouldn't harp over green olives instead of black.... sounds delish

I agree. I understand people don't like it but the ones that make it such a big deal need to realize it's probably been a normal topping longer than they've been alive. They need to shut up about it!

Yes it pisses me off.

Gyro meat

abalone
tzatziki sauce
tikka marsala with a nan-style crust
thai green curry
grilled corn
jackfruit
that's all i can think of

Chicagoans actually pride themselves on not eating the pizza they're famous for, asserting that deep dish is for the tourists.

They prefer the "Tavern style", which is the exact same as the vast majority of square cut thin crust you find in the upper midwest, save actually being a little shittier since it's made in places without proper kitchens.

Pretty sad frankly, going through that much effort just to be a contrarian over the food that makes your town notable.

Fuck it, I'm making Teriyaki pizza next weekend. This thread has convinced me to try something I've wanted to try for a while; I don't even care if I waste the money making some kind of abomination.

Dude we used to make those at Double Dave's Pizza. It had cucumber, carrots, broccoli, and cheese on top of terryaki sauce. I think water chestnuts were an additional topping.

Also mac'n cheese pizza was good, so was mashed potato pizza.

Mac'n Cheese pizza is great.

I've made red curry pizza before, and I figured the idea wasn't too dissimilar and I've thought about making it, but I think I'm finally going to do it.

>mayo and cheese ever

That's just an open-faced sandwich at that point.

A local pizza joint here has potato as a topping, goes great with sausage and mushrooms.

I also like shrimp on pizza.

I've done this before and it tastes good to me...hummus instead of sauce, sautéed spinach, diced not-so ripe avocado, diced tomatoes, zucchini slices, and then pick whatever cheese you like the most...I still go with mozzarella...In my oven its 385 for 15-20 minutes; let cool and hit it with parm and cayenne powder. Sambal Oelek mixed with serrano pepper sauce on standby; also with a garlic cream cheese thing to cool down the pace...WHOOOO!!

I can't think of a clever name for this, but a pizza that has more cheese than sauce, with the cheese being below the sauce, an toppings below the cheese.

Okra and crayfish

For me, its the McChicken.

Place pizza, toppings side down on the floor.

>Planet pizza

grapes on a greek type white pizza can be good. add some feta, drizzle of honey and olive oil, oregano, salt/

sounds like that's the sort of thing that would only be good on thin crust, for that textural difference with the grapes.

I made a couple reuben pizzas last year. They were good, just have to drizzle the sauce on it after it's cooled down a little. I didn't want to find out what happens to a mayo-based sauce in the oven.

>Berkely
are you missing an 'e'?
Berkeley has Cheeseboard, and the description you give sounds like something they would serve.
cheeseboardcollective.coop/pizza/
They serve only one set of toppings per day.

Pickled herring, onion, gherkins and dill.

Avocado

Would probably be better added to leftover pizza rather than being made with it.

Yes, the restaurant I went to was Cheeseboard. I just spelled the town wrong.

I love potato on pizza

this is really cute

mixture of fried kale, bacon, onion, garlic
make this semi-frequently and it's delicious

Am Chicago native, weigh 275lbs, can confirm.

I've been experimenting with this idea:

>bacon
>salami
>egg
>pickles
>maonnaise
>garlic

>Don't talk to me or my pizza sons ever again.

Chicagoans eat the actual deepdish (lou's, etc) just not the stuffed pizza crap like in the pic posted earlier.
t. Chicagoan

NICE

This shit is pretty good for being frozen. Plus easy to make in the mornings, and actually tastes better microwaved.

I work at a gourmet pizzeria. Here are our best ones.
We have a toffee apple and a cookies and cream dessert pizzas. Notable dinner pizzas are: meatball, blt, rogan josh, chicken fettucine, smoked pulled bbq lamb and garlic prawns with prosciutto.

tofu, egg, eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, tomato, olives, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese

Frisk

Saurkraut
Chicken and broccoli
Look up the menu for Mesa pizza or Ians. The do all sorts of odd combinations

anything that's not a grain or watery desu

Made this today and it was great
>squid
>bell pepper
>bok choy
>kecap manis
>chilli salt
>buffalo mozarella

I put smoked salmon and chorizo on a cheese pizza once and it was pretty good desu

Crust, creme cheese, chicken breast or filet, goat cheese, parsley

Canned peaches.

I mean, I think it's absolutely vile, but my girlfriend took me to her home country where the most popular pizza chain does it and she said everyone loves it.