Guys, I smoke a lot of marijuana, and it's never been a problem...

Guys, I smoke a lot of marijuana, and it's never been a problem, except now I've noticed some slight wheezing after my smoke sessions. There's other factors at play, i.e. my dog's fur and the fact that it's winter in the midwest and it is fuck fucking cold as fuck outside. I'm also an asthmatic, but I've been smoking pretty daily for about two years now, and it hasn't been a problem until now, and I'm not even sure if it's the problem yet. The genreal consensus on health and medical websites say that no studies show concusive results towards there being a correlation between marijuana use and lung damage or cancer, but I know I'm not the only stoner browsing the boards. Has anyone else experienced this?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/society/video/2016/nov/04/no-smoke-without-fire-e-cigarette-explodes-in-mans-pocket-video
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop wasting your life with fucking drugs and study topology you waste of food.

Stop asking for medical advice on Veeky Forums

Is topology really that based? I'm starting to get interested in it
Every kind of combustion may lead to cancer, if you want to be healthier and still get stoned try vaping

Inhaling any particulate matter into your lungs will damage them over time.

this

t. 5 years down the toilet on weed "errday"

>over time
yes, and 2 years is more than enough to be experiencing the effects. it only gets worse too.

just because a study hasn't "shown conclusive results" doesn't mean the study is finished, or the study is right.

it means the study is inconclusive, meaning MORE work has to be done.

it's not a free pass to say YAY WEED IS GOOD FOR YOU, but idiots who live their lives in a state of constant confirmation bias mode will give this as much credence as a hypothetical study that actually does coem out and say "yes, 100% certain weed is good for you".

You're lighting plant matter on fire and inhaling the ash into your lungs.

Do you really think nothing is happening?

>tfw smoked loads of weed from joints and a pipe in one night until throat started to burn up
>haven't smoked weed in almost a year
I-I'm still going to be fine, right?

If you're going to use cannabis, at least vape it or cook it into edibles like a civilized human being

If you aren't snorting weed, then your fucking disgusting and honestly should just commit.

Switch to vaping, start doing cardio

Either do this or get an activated carbon filter (thet come in 14mm or 18mm) and activated carbon from coconut shells to use in it

The best choice honestly is thist. also wasted 5 years on "weed errday"

There's just no possible way that sucking smoke into your lungs doesn't harm them. Try to switch over to weed edibles, smoking ANYTHING is a bad idea.

WOW ITS ALMOST

ALMOST

LIKE INHALING SMOKE

IS BAD

HMMMMMMMMM......

>smoke

Why? Don't smoke anything, ever. If you need nicotine, use patches. If you need THC use it in food. At least with caffeine it is already in a natural delivery system.

This. This right here.

Well, fuck. Looks like I'll have to finally stop smoking.

Any advice?

Vape it son

theguardian.com/society/video/2016/nov/04/no-smoke-without-fire-e-cigarette-explodes-in-mans-pocket-video

>vaping
Just use edibles, it's not that hard to cook'em and no lung damage at all

doesn't eliminate brain damage (especially in higher concentrations, such as what you get with edibles, dabs etc.)

>inb4 lol what brain damage
enjoy your brain damage, retard

Do you say that to people who drink as well?

Binge drinking is really bad for your brain as well.

Really, people who drink should be cognizant of that too. There are real measurable effects that impact people's lives.

My intent by the question was to address the stigma that weed has where alcohol does not, even though they both have deleterious effects on the brain.

And I'm saying alcohol should have that stigma. Just because many people do something, does not mean it's good. It's just that many people are doing something bad to themselves. Mutual social support just makes it feel like it's not that bad.

Are you kidding? In this day and age, it's alcohol that has all the stigma and weed that has none of it. MOST people nowadays readily admit that alcohol is more harmful than weed. The problem is, they're starting to believe that weed is totally benign - which it's not.

There is still a correlation between smoke inhalation and lung damage and cancer you idiot. When they say smoking is bad, they literally mean smoking is bad in addition to the usual schpeel you get about tobacco.

If you're going to be messing with weed at all, you should be making edibles or vaping (though even vaping is questionable). Safest method is edible, and it's cheaper too. Just get brownie mix from the grocery store.

You have to be really stupid to think weed isn't bad for your body.

>junkie starts feeling consequences of his actions
>uh I'm not gonna die right guys haha

End yourself waste of space

>especially in higher concentrations

There is no evidence to support this. Only thing that matters is amount smoked in a lifetime.

Filter whatever you smoke or vape, just because the chemicals in the dudeweed don't destroy your body like booze or some other drugs doesn't mean the smoke isn't doing damage to your lungs.

Concentration should have a negative effect right? Like binge drinking, smoking lots of weed in one sitting definitely should have an effect on the brain and especially the lungs.

Get a vaporizer. It's like 200 bucks for a good one and it will pay for itself several times over in the long run if you smoke a lot, which you do.

Everyone is saying use a vape but are those actually safer? Isn't getting the particulate into your lungs bad either way?

I use a vape but it was a cheap one and I think I'm just getting smoke a lot of the time.

After my brother started vaping he developed a wheeze that grew worse over time. I hate to assume it was the cause, but when you're putting vaporized or burned shit into your lungs all the time, what do you really expect?

You should be doing edibles if you want to minimize potential physical damage.
Inhaling through smoke or vapor will always be worse, especially since your lungs are designed to inhale air for the oxygen whereas your stomach is designed to be diverse in what it can pull from food and put in your bloodstream.

If it ashes black instead of grey/white and has a pecular smell it wasn't flushed properely and you're smoking nutrients.

weed literally suppresses cancer, numbnuts.

>asthmatic
>smoking every day

You're basically just like all the niggers I treat in the emegency department

Sounds like laryngitis.

Well guys, as much as I'd love to just switch on over to edibles, it just isn't as cost effective as smoking occasional bowls throughout the day out of a small pipe (which is how I do it, normally). A vaporizer is something I'll definitley try to purchase in the future, but isn't something I'll likely be getting soon. I think the best thing for me right now would be to just quit altogether, or at the very least cut back on it greatly.

A lot of the replies on here have an attitude of "Duh, you're inhaling burning plant matter into your lungs, retard. Of course it's bad for you," and it does make me wish I had the same one, because it sounds like those people don't even mess around with any sort of drugs, which must reflect a more put-together character. I, however, have come to realize that I've developed the same habitual need as tobacco smokers, only with a different plant, so I expect that quitting will prove quite a challenge for me. As I write this my mind is arguing with itself over whether or not I should go out for a quick toke. I know I shouldn't but the want is there, like an itch, and I really wish right now that there were THC patches like there are for nicotine.

I am surprised, however, that there haven't been more stoners on this thread who use the same method as me to smoke, and who would be able to say they've experienced the same effects on their lungs. It's just not something I ever hear tokers complain about, the way tons of cigarette smokers do.

>any advice

stop smoking? It's not addictive, just sell all your stuff and throw away any pipes or wrappers or whatever. Just quit cold turkey.

>isn't as cost effective
They're cost effective as fuck, what do you mean?
A bag of brownie mix costs one dollar. The milk to mix with it costs another dollar. Thats two dollars plus your weed for a day of fun. Cook the shits at the start of your day and don't eat them all at once or all in the same day depending on how much weed you put in them.

A pack of rolling papers runs you around the same cost and fucks up your lungs.

I know a couple of guys who are trying to quit to save money. They always go back. That seems like addiction to me.

I guess a bite or two of a brownie would substitute my modest sized bowl, wouldn't it?

You make good argument here. I will certainly consider edibles as a permanent alternative to smoking.