Hi! Zayne here from The New Reddit Journal of Science! Feel free to AMA and I'll do my best to ELI5

Hi! Zayne here from The New Reddit Journal of Science! Feel free to AMA and I'll do my best to ELI5

For science!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5430778
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

Go fuck yourself you shillary loving SJW cuckold.

What the fuck is the new reddit journal of science?

AMA begins:

1) Wtf is " The New Reddit Journal of Science!"
2) Who determines what is published in this journal
3) Is there any peer review done before publishing to check for basic errors or is it just a clearing house of pseudoscience
4) Will I still get tenure if I publish in TNRJS! instead of prestigious Oxford journals
5) Wouldn't it be easier for Reddit to organize fundraising for sci-hub with all their tons of money so we can continue to get free access to paywall journals

1 It is a prestigious new journal featuring the best scientists of Reddit, from an athiestic, rationalist perspective

2 There is a strong editorial team comprised of both scientists and lay people

3 Of course, peer review is integral to our process, like any high quality journal

4 There is no reason why not my good sir/madam!

5 Unfortunately current red tape and administerial problems have put this idea on hold

>both scientists and lay people

Follow up questions. Why the fuck are lay people involved in deciding what gets published?

Who exactly qualifies for this position who is not a scientist?

how do i get a gf

YES I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE ;^)
am i rite boys?

Oh its mostly scientists however here at reddit we really felt strongly about implementing millenium development goals and thats where this directive came from, in an effort to 'democratise' science, so to say

Eh, doesn't this mean you'll just push some political agenda and each issue will be filled with pseudoscience in social justice studies and the like? Shouldn't the journal be broken up into subjects like regular periodicals as a containment strategy so at least Reddit produces one decent journal

That's a bit weird. What if I have findings that prove a really, REALLY unpopular opinion. And lets also assume that said research is perfectly valid.

What do you think would happen to my paper? Would it go through?

I'm sorry but being on Veeky Forums I assume your referring to race studies? Because let me be clear, it has been disproven that there is any link to race and IQ and at reddit we will not entertain any such pseudoscience

>it has been disproven

If it has been disproven that does not qualify for what I defined.

I said my research would prove an unpopular opinion (check) and also be perfectly valid (not checked).

So stop evading my question and just answer if.

To make it easier for you let me give an example.

Lets say my research proved that men were inferior to women when it comes to intelligence. Would it go through?

What if I proved that men are superior to women when it comes to intelligence Would it go through?

Assume perfect validity, please. This is just an example.

Nice bait, but you'll actually learn things by going to Reddit

Could be other findings that contradict the political talking points of the day such as climate change research.

By being 'democratic' you will have lay people deny papers which may pass scientific review and only reinforce the talking points on /r/Science which is generally American/Democrat Party.

AMA: does this journal cost money?

Why do you love science?(don't give me some generic answer)

You are talking about very sensitive subjects that can't even be properly measured empiracally, and if they were they surely would have been so already

Actually we are toying with an upvote system for peer review which will guarantee a wide range of collaborative expertise.

We are funded by reddit gold.

>reddit

>upvoting

Many, many problems with that
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5430778

Do you think plebbitors don't know the problems with upvoting? They know them all and they love it.

wtf i hate science now

MAGA?

Either you don't understand what an analogy is or you are purposefully missing his point, your system doesn't conform to basic scientific rigor and instead will only cater to what is "in"

If this was a different time, your journal would promote Geocentrism and fail to publish, or even consider heliocentrism as a theory due to being unpopular.

Yall swallowed dat bait haha im a meme fisherman

Kek

Kek speakth!

>1 It is a prestigious new journal featuring the best scientists of Reddit, from an athiestic, rationalist perspective

Jesus Christ, where to begin? Best scientists of reddit? Prestigious? Nope

Athieistic, rationalist perspective? What does that even mean?

>2 There is a strong editorial team comprised of both scientists and lay people

How can lay people read/edit manuscripts and/or suggest additional experiments?

This is the purest form of shitposting.

literally go back to rěddit

Yes, but who? You avoided the question of who qualifies.

Also, wouldn't this be more of a magazine than a journal? You surely don't have your own labs and publishers to qualify as a proper research journal. When ideas get posted there, it can just be taken and patented as another person's idea. It's the same reason no one posts their research here on Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums is a Christian board with rational discussions about Christianity and a Christian perspective on God's creation.