Why are brainlet plebes so obsessed with doing drugs...

Why are brainlet plebes so obsessed with doing drugs? Day in and day out they always bitch about "muh expanded consciousness".

Very strong egos convinced they already know what happiness is

I have a typical high IQ job, I won't say more. I keep it down to weed, extremely infrequent mdma and caffeine. The go / start of caffeine is a good mental state to solve some of the problems in my work extremely quickly.

The downside is I'm a professional and therefore I wouldn't bring drugs to work.

If I'm obsessed it's because I could imagine an intellectual society would allow its workers to manipulate their mental states for productivity. If I'm upset it's because the reality is that stick butts are obsessed with banning things they believe they're better than.

>high IQ job
>I keep it down to weed

Weed in my experience makes me think less. It makes me happier in a sense but less considerate, less able to deal with complex thinking. Not "stupid" but in a sense I feel it does make me dumber. More simple minded, or focused in a broad sense.

Also saps motivation.

Instead of reading through an industry journal to expand my knowledge I'll just get stoned and lay on the couch.

It depends on the weed, but sometimes yes.

This is the problem with mount stupid, you've tried weed only a few times and you think you know enough shit to opinionate about it. Indica is boring, downbeat, definitely a depressant. Sativa is almost a psychedelic and occasionally has stimulant like effects.

It's the latter that helps problem solving, if my dealer is only selling the former I have to compensate with caffeine which starts to take a toll.

>saps motivation
Please, for the great glory of empirically gathered knowledge, shut the fuck up. Please.

Sativa strained weed helped me get that job I'm proud about. If you want to know the right opinion of weed or any light drugs (btw creatine and multivitamins are übermensch drugs to be obsessed with) then ask someone using them that's otherwise functional. We call that an informed opinion.

>▶
year of smoking regularly, I agree with sapping motivation. It made me completely okay with nothing (granted I was so anxious from smoking all the time that I actually achieved my highest gpa at uni up to that point in time), but if I happened to be a bum who was working a full time grocery store job, then there is no doubt in my mind my life would end in weed and the grocery store.

i smoked everyday for 6 years and that other poster exactly right, and sounds like he smoked enough to "opinionate" on it.

you're an obsessed brainlet

>no man, it's all about the right kind of weed, man. it's not weed's fault you can't pick the right kind of weed, man

what if you got caught? random piss test one day because some other coworker fucked up and now everyone gets a pop quiz. you're gonna piss hot, and you're gonna be fired. GL getting a good reference from that workplace

happened at my old job

>I'm a professional
>weed

One of these things is not like the other.

Drugs open your mind to new perspectives and are useful tools to change or manipulate yourself. I think it's good to go through a phase of experimenting with drugs to get more in touch with yourself. I would have never learned how beautiful the world was in such a short amount of time without tripping. Weed taught me how to handle my anxiety. I probably wouldn't have ended up in science without this change in perception and would have wasted college pursuing art.

I always think it's sad when I meet someone who's never been drunk or any sort of altered state because I feel like they don't even know the half of it.

I would even argue if you're really going to be a scientist why wouldn't you experiment with your own perception?

>I would even argue if you're really going to be a scientist why wouldn't you experiment with your own perception?
this would be the reason why I concur

>One of these things is not like the other.

you need to get with the times grandpa. go to any state that has legalized marijuana and look at who is going into the dispensaries. its middle aged dads on their way to a bronco's game, housewives, and yuppies.

>I would even argue if you're really going to be a scientist why wouldn't you experiment with your own perception?

Even if not a scientists,life experiences are universal and must be felt individually by all 7 billion of us. Banning someone from using a drug which shows them a region of experience within their own mind is no different then putting a giant fence around snowy mountainscapes so that no one could experience outdoorsmanship/hiking/fresh air. If our government made any meadow or national park illegal so you could never experience it, not even in movies, then you would have missed out on one of life's key experiences.

Dumb people always try to find reasons to argue that they aren't dumb. Doing the 'new' memey things are an easy opportunity for this. If drugs are unpopular then being a drug addict makes you a top knowledgeable person in the topic of drugs.

Just look at all the pro-drug fags in this thread. They start every post with 'I'm a professional, look at me! I am le smart'.

It is even worse with weed. Every research done on it proves that weed has barely any effect on your brain but fags here are talking about the psycheledic effects of weed. The placebo effect is strong on those fags. All so that they can believe they are more knowledgeable about something. It is actually pathetic.

I agree with this.

You can still be fired in most legalized states for failing a piss test. I've found that weed more often than not makes people anxious and paranoid with time and experience. If you're in any non-legal state it's just too risky to smoke weed and focus on your career at the same time, and it's still federally illegal anyway.

Why legalize it then?

Because it's safe to use and people should be able to do what they want with their bodies. I think all drugs should be legal.

Notice he mentioned caffeine. Coffee + weed is a beautiful combination.

I think you are a sheltered idiot.

>If you're in any non-legal state it's just too risky to smoke weed and focus on your career at the same time

i would generally agree with this. my point was that the stereotype of only burnouts and social failures smoking weed turns out to be unfounded when the drug is brought out into the open.

doing drugs responsibly >>> not doing drugs >> doing drug irresponsibly

you are the brainlet if you don't understand this

weed and mushrooms are great and mostly harmless. live your fucking life man

>doing drugs responsibly >>> not doing drugs >> doing drug irresponsibly

transcendental meditation without drugs >>> all that other shit

Get on my level, you broke nobodies.

why not both?

Why not neither?

you wouldn't want to let people do what they want to do without judging them, would you?