I can make cat-girle with CRISPERcas9 ?

I can make cat-girle with CRISPERcas9 ?

Other urls found in this thread:

ucsf.edu/news/2016/12/405361/switch-crispr-cas9-gene-editing-system-discovered
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Theoretically, yes. Now whether or not you actually have the intelligence to create one, and not some deformed biomass that needs to be put out of its misery is a different story.

and I can create a slime-girl from blob ?

I doubt its about intelligence though.
A computer would be a million times better at simulating the effects of different genes on an organism.
Really as soon as we better understand how Crispr-Cas9 works our precision will be limited only by by our ability to simulate it.

I recently read that because of the way CRISPR edits DNA it can be totally reversed. They were saying how it could prove catastrophic (no pun intended) but if we're experimenting island of Dr. Moreau then having a cure would be awesome. I can see people trying out new mods for a few months or years and then taking the reversing the effects just to try out something new. And if you every screw it up and create a deformed person, just wipe them clean with the cure and try again. I'll post a link to the article later if I find it again.

ucsf.edu/news/2016/12/405361/switch-crispr-cas9-gene-editing-system-discovered

I assumed Anti-Crispr was more about shutting down the mechanism itself. Not reversing its effects.

I'd rather make dinosaurs with CRISPR-Cas9.

Cute af. Saved.

Ok. I got a compromise- harpies.

do it for the cat girls lads.

>do it for the cat girls lads.
Can't I just make my girlfriend wear cat ears and pursue other stuff that actually helps mankind?

This is acceptable

Serious question, does CRISPR help with gene-editing of unborn beings, or can we edit the DNA of ourselves as well? If we can't edit our own DNA... that's sad.

Yeah we can in theory edit our own DNA for the living much like retroviruses can. The hard part is going to be in making changes that don't make our body attack itself, and knowing when it's okay to activate the gene and not stay in remission.

If you could use CRISPER to make catgirls, which way would you do it?

Turn a cat into a half human
Turn a human into a half cat

Laws may prohibit human experimentation, but there's nothing against making cats into people.

>Turn a cat into a half human

There are lots of people who choose to have a pet instead of a child. I imagine if you could have both as one, lots of people would adopt the idea. (no pun intended)

Do you think we'll make any meaningful breakthroughs within our lifetimes to extend our lives or increase intelligence?

Not that user, but we will make some breakthroughs in our lifetime. The next 20 years will show amazing stuff, but it'll be a slow and steady process.

I bet even if they do find something in the way of life extension or intelligence, it'll be for the rich and powerful, not for the masses.

>(no pun intended)
You don't have to be so humble.

>It'll be for the rich and powerful.
user you know with the way technology and information goes, any life extension wouldn't be circled to only a small group of people.

Not only that, but a company/person selling it have far more to gain spreading their product than keeping it to a small group being able to make a monopoly on the "masses".

Meaning anyone who can buy/has the insurance/willing to sign a contract to cover it can get it. 3rd worlders and 2nd worlders will not be able to afford the treatment unless they are rich.

>that actually helps mankind?
>catgirls don't help mankind

Pls stop being so terribly small-minded, famalam.

..four ears?

Nah. The great thing about CRISPR is how cheap it is. it'll be available to all....

There's no way this can end poorly.

In principle you could have done it even before CRISPR.
The reason we can't it's because of how fucking complex it is.
So likely no for a few decades.

why do you want girls with pubes all over their body?

More importantly, can it stop me from aging?

Dream big, anons. CRISPR right now only regulates and/or modifies small segments of DNA. Redesigning key human characteristics requires chromosomal modifications, and look where that has gotten us: down syndrome.

Yes.

OP wants a kawai anime neko, not some deviant art furry

>posting a wolfgirl when talking about cats

if cat girls are a thing, dog girls will be too

Dogs are cats.

t. Veeky Forums-certified geneticist

With Crispr, you can literally create a new species or change one species to another.
People really don't apprehend the power of crispr.

I read that as genomic loli. Send help.

Creating a cat girl with this would take a lot of effort and would be highly illegal, more likely it would be used to make super geniuses with IQs of 400.

So first step OP, use this on yourself and give yourself pieces of Einstein's DNA, then make the cat girls.