Hi, I'm making a collection of mathematics textbooks...

Hi, I'm making a collection of mathematics textbooks. Would like to know if any of you have other collections that I can download to add to it.
I already have Veeky Forums collection of books and the following from TPB: "MATH MATHEMATICS BOOK COLLECTION" , "Dover Mathematics Book Collection" , "Mathematics Book Collection - Diophantine".

I'll put this collection for download when it's done

Other urls found in this thread:

courses.csail.mit.edu/6.042/fall16/mcs-ftl.pdf
math.harvard.edu/~shlomo/docs/Advanced_Calculus.pdf
quantstart.com/articles/How-to-Learn-Advanced-Mathematics-Without-Heading-to-University-Part-1
amazon.com/Calculus-Analytic-Geometry-George-Simmons/dp/0070576424
github.com/B3nszy/The-Math-Group
calnewport.com/blog/2014/07/04/how-to-read-proofs-faster-a-summary-of-useful-advice/
math.ubc.ca/Dept/Events/
Veeky
ocf.berkeley.edu/~abhishek/chicmath.htm
gen.lib.rus.ec/
93.174.95.27/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

libgen.io has all the books you want may as well archive a bunch in case it goes down

I recommend you add:
-Algebra: Chapter 0. by Paolo Aluffi
-Linear Algebra Done Right by Sheldon Axler (actually all of Axler's books)
-MIT's "book" (coursenotes) on Mathematics for Computer Science courses.csail.mit.edu/6.042/fall16/mcs-ftl.pdf
-Advanced Calculus math.harvard.edu/~shlomo/docs/Advanced_Calculus.pdf

Plus all the texts listed here in this 3 part series (mainly Springer books) quantstart.com/articles/How-to-Learn-Advanced-Mathematics-Without-Heading-to-University-Part-1

I've also recently started archiving stuff because it tends to disappear forever these days. I prefer a physical copy to give the author money and save my eyes but some are priced ridiculous amazon.com/Calculus-Analytic-Geometry-George-Simmons/dp/0070576424

There a bunch here user.
github.com/B3nszy/The-Math-Group

I am officially lurking in this thread and willing to bump it when needed.

>quantstart.com/articles/How-to-Learn-Advanced-Mathematics-Without-Heading-to-University-Part-1

There is a 'shortcut' for this, after the preliminary foundations you can often just dive into the exercises and try them first in any math text. For example I did Spivak's Calculus in highschool (well, most of it except the insanely difficult problems I had to math.stackexchange) so when it came time to do Apostol's Calculus I found I could do a large majority of the exercises already without even reading the material so skipped a few chapters. If you get hung up on one exercise just research the relevant information in the chapter until you can finish the problem. There's also some efficiency you can try to not get bogged down in papers calnewport.com/blog/2014/07/04/how-to-read-proofs-faster-a-summary-of-useful-advice/

That last part, if you live near a university you can attend free lectures given by visiting mathematicians. My university here has one of these a week or so, where somebody will come by and give a seminar. These are absolutely fantastic for filling in blanks and being able to ask direct questions (after the seminar of course) Just look up your closest universities events page math.ubc.ca/Dept/Events/

>no biology folder
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well I'm just expanding on the original collection. I can add biology if you post a list of sub-fields and the appropriate textbooks.

Why would there be? It would be cheaper to just buy toilet paper at target than to download it and print it out.

That's one shit guide, mate.

Care to type a better one?

Great, another book collecting thread.
You are supposed to read them, not collect their pdfs.

Ill fight you IRL.
DFWMF

True but can't archive enough, the more the better. I can't count how many times last year I found course notes deleted, university calendars closed or old books once offered as free pdfs by their authors now 404. Libgen.io also is not a permanent thing, the Elsevier cartel is after them and the site goes down frequently

There are a dozen Libgen clones, a private tracker and a IRC server dedicated to hosting books.
We don't need the books themselves- the books anyone can find. We only need a list that includes only the textbooks worth reading. Plus instructions for our less technologically in depth friends.

All of those archives can disappear anytime, esp the private tracker. Any such list would be highly subjective, they're all "worth reading" unless there's severe flaws like Wolfram's Math book or old outdated Crypto books

It's like you guys haven't heard about libraries.
List of math books worth reading? There are thousands of such list online.

>Bump

It's free brainlet. Where's your list? Also, I wasn't aware that Rudin was shit. You're a special kind of stupid aren't you?

DAK how to download all of Libgen?

Thanks

your list IS shit though, full of meme and dumb books (precalculus? trigonometry? elements? etc) and lacking core material, the books are badly picked, the only decent picks are there because they happen to be also memes

> read rudin while you're doing calculus
>read the short paper “The Three Crises in Mathematics: Logicism, Intuitionism and Formalism”arn formal logic with: Introduction to Formal Logic by Peter Smith
>Go online and read the Scientific American article “Dispute over Infinity Divides Mathematicians” by Natalie Wolchover (also in Quanta Magazine)

the suggestions are retarded as well: and tons of unrelated things that aspiring logicians might maybe enjoy?: "

>collecting books in shit folders instead of sorting them into an ebook reader

SHIT ORGANISATION SKILLS, PLEASE FUCK OFF.

r8 my CS guide

Bumping for this question. Help please!!!!! or your mother dies in 15 minutes

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Veeky Forums_Wiki

1000 book torrents

>libgen.io
wow user, I couldn't believe this. I spent like 20 minutes this morning looking for Dynamic Systems Biology Modeling and Simulation, to no avail. Until I read this post. God bless you. God bless this site.

ocf.berkeley.edu/~abhishek/chicmath.htm
God tier list.

Libgen mirrors:
gen.lib.rus.ec/
93.174.95.27/

>compsci book lists

Serge Lang's book has a lot of errata, and is missing some things that Axler's PreCalc book has, such as a student solutions manual which shows how every second problem is worked out fully.

Concrete Math is good but relies on a lot of cute tricks. It's more of a puzzle book for advanced discrete math. You can also just read the Mathematical Preliminaries in Knuth's TAOCP vol1 to get the same material just it's a lot more terse.

Spivak's calculus is almost a grad level text and basically the reason for SICM and Functional Differential Geometry where Sussman took Spivak's lament on the state of incoherent math notation and ran with it to use Scheme as notation instead. They are physics books not compsci books. SICM assumes you're pretty well versed in classical mechanics and already have an understanding of both Lagrangian and Hamiltonian mechanics. You write a lagrangian as a normal Scheme function, symbolically take derivatives of that to get equations of motion, compile those equations to native code and numerically integrate and plot the motion of the system it's like witnessing magic when it's all done.

In addition to libgen.io there's also of course sci-hub if you want to look up Oxford or IEEE journals and type their links or DOI#'s into sci-hub to get a free pdf. Now you have access to grad level research that's normally paywalled to fuck and only accessible to current university students, though some public libraries allow journal printouts on a limited basis.

*Spivak's Calculus on Manifolds is almost a grad level text, Spivak's Calculus seems aimed as a self-study book for motivated highschool students who want exposure to rigor

I have some here