Getting ready to cook some baked ziti for the first time any tips and help would be welcome

Getting ready to cook some baked ziti for the first time any tips and help would be welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wjG-LJ5PP0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Talk to Dennis at Sbarro in the Florence mall. He's an expert on baked ziti.

:(

Is baked ziti scrappy mall food tier?

No, baked ziti is a nectar of the Gods. Surprisingly enough, Sbarro's ziti is usually damn good. It's probably the best thing on their menu.

Never had sabarros ziti, it's pretty pricey for what you get

Also is ricotta a requirement
I have mozzarella, provolone, and parmesan

youtube.com/watch?v=wjG-LJ5PP0o

Anyone?

Mix ziti with sauce, meat, cheese, vegetables, etc. Put cheese on top. Bake it.

It's not rocket science.

Your pic is penne, not ziti, you stupid shitcunt

You can put whatever meat you want in the sauce. I like chicken breast over beef since you have to simmer a beef sauce for so fucking long and chicken is done in 20 minutes.

You can also top it either with just cheese if you have some good stuff or with a bechamel cheese sauce. Put some parmigiano or some other strong cheese in there.

Heh, I'm making baked ziti today as well.
I'm making my own tomato sauce, because I'm picky about that shit. And I'm also using a bechamel on top. I also like spinach in mine, but that's a personal preference. I don't always put meat in it, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
>ziti
>tomato sauce
>bechamel
>provolone
>mozzarella
>parmesan
>spinach
>maybe some kind of meat, depending on what I have
>breadcrumbs for the top (I mix them with some parmesan and red pepper flakes and sprinkle over the top before baking)

>Veeky Forums pass

How much cum do you drink a day?

There are no ridges so its ziti you stupid cunt

I'm using premade sauce sorry I'm too new to cooking to make my own sauce

Aw, you should totally learn to make your own sauce, it's really not hard at all. But, premade is convenient, so I can understand. I'm just so used to making my own sauce, I can't ever go back to premade.

>make your own suace
>add Italian sausage
>cook pasta till it has a little crunch left
>stir ricotta, mozzarella and some sauce into the pasta
>layer pasta, sauce, cheese 2x
>bake

I was going to layer the cheese in rather than mixing it , is mixing it better?

I always found premade sauce so acidic. I like to add a splooge of extra tomato paste, some extra basil, thyme, and oregano, a few drops of hot sauce, and a small spoon of sugar to it when I heat it up. The sugar helps tone down the sour, acidy tomato taste and the hot sauce adds a subtle zing,

Ok thank you any of tips for spicing up premise sauce?

>premise sauce
wat is that

That's where you're messing up. Jarred sauces are all awful and way more expensive than making your own sauce. You really can't go wrong with marcella hazan's tomato sauce: literally crushed tomatoes, butter, an onion, and salt. Don't even need to chop the onion, just halve it, and throw everything together in a pot. Then simmer for like an hour.

all you really need are a couple cans of crushed tomatoes, garlic, sugar, fresh basil and spices. you will never look back after making your own sauce.

really though, premade sauce gives me the farts while fresh does not

oh yeah and olive oil

Layering is better, because you get the chance at the lovely "ooey gooey" cheese portions. I like to mix a LITTLE cheese into the sauce, for flavor, but for the best texture, you should layer.

It's like quinky sauce but with more ketchup

sounds good AF.

Fuck it, I'm making baked ziti today too. I'll report back

The first time I made it I didn't have nearly enough tomato sauce and didn't use enough ricotta, so it was just baked pasta with a little sauce and cheese.

Do it faggot. DO IT.

This is a good point for any newbies. You have to remember that the pasta will swell and soak up sauce while it bakes (even if you've cooked it al dente first) so you have to use enough sauce or you end up with a dry baked pasta.