Does anyone else on Veeky Forums wish to become a Renaissance Man?

Does anyone else on Veeky Forums wish to become a Renaissance Man?

I've been expanding my knowledge of mathematics, music, art/illustration, literature, physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, philosophy. I want to be the most well-rounded person in history. Obviously, geniuses like Da Vinci are an inspiration for me.

Are you working on becoming a polymath?

NEET thread?
NEET thread.

yes, also neet

I'm also good at using google.

Overrated jacks of trades. I'm dedicated myself to only a few subjects, else you'll never be the top

It's possible if you can manage to dedicated all of your life to knowledge. Given that you are on 4chin, that may not be the case with you. Intelectuals are dying because no one can manage to be well rounded while also managing to seriously contribute to a field.

I've literally mastered Philosophy, Literature and Mathematics and I'm only 20 years old.

All thanks to ebooks and Wikipedia. Thanks God!

i respect your ambition. good luck in life my friend, maybe one day you'll have a great discovery in your search for the truth.

I think that any man or woman who tries to spread himself/herself that thin will fail to gain an in depth and intuitive grasp of any of the fields they attempt to become proficient in.

>I think that any man or woman who tries to spread himself/herself that thin will fail to gain an in depth and intuitive grasp of any of the fields they attempt to become proficient in.

>he actually thinks this in an age of internet communications and mobiles in everyone's pockets

It's easier than ever, friendo.

yes

in the pursuit of knowledge, you'd start to realize that all these topics are interconnected, and to attain a total understanding, you'd need to know about a wide variety of subjects

are you legit retarded? there is not a single human who is capable of being able to master all of scientific subjects unless they were born geniuses, get a life faggot.

It's a lot more difficult nowadays cause the new stuff requires so much more background knowledge that it's impossible to be an expert in many fields and contribute to the cutting edge topics.

Yes, but my works are a bit more ancient than ye.

I'm working my way through Archimedes' Book of Lemmas, shortly to be followed by his Cattle Problem and then Appollonius' of Perga's On Conics.

I'm also reading Keynes' General Theory, and quite frankly this is an intense son of a bitch.

Hmmmmm not sure if..

Human knowledge has become far too specialized and compartmentalized for becoming a polymath to be feasible anymore. You will fail.

Waste of effort. Nobody hires jacks of all trades.

Yeah, and neither will you.

thats when the breaking points gets clear

Tbqh famalam I too want to be renaissance man. I've always been a triple threat between sports, physical sciences, and music. But I wish to one day master history and classical literature. What are some good books that aren't just memes?